Unexpected Friendship

Unexpected Friendship

A Chapter by Dane Hurst
"

Chapter One

"
It's the begining of primary school and Harry is a seven year old boy on his way into class, he is a very quite boy who feels very secluded and alone and doesn't spend much time socialising with others. 9am and the class is just starting to settle down "all right children calm your selfs" after the teacher grabs the children's attenction followed by a special announcement "ok class we have a new student joining us today her name is Diana, everyone give her a warm welcome", Harry the scared unsociable little boy nervously lifts his head and in that moment their eyes lock on to one another and it's as if time froze, what was seconds seemed like hours pasted "why don't you go sit next to Harry over there Diana" she walks down towards the table sits next to Harry both silent and avoiding eye contact until Harry whispers into Diana's ear "hello I'm Harry, do you want to be friends" the pair exchange smiles and get on with the class.
During lunch time Harry usually stays indoors and plays with his Lego, the lack of interaction with the other children has raised concerns with the teachers and they where hoping this new girl would help Harry interact more with others "so Julia, do you think these two will hit it off" Julia argues her case with headmaster Charles "these two really got on during class, if they play together here it will be a big break through", nodding in acceptance they leave in high expectations.
During this particular lunch time Harry sit sitting in the class and playing with his Lego with Diana and seems to be enjoying his new friend, "so do you want to build a spaceship" Harry nervously asks as he gets to grips with the change of having a new friend "can this ship have space for my barbie doll". Seemly unaware the two new friends were being watch very closely by the school faculty teachers and they are very happy with the process the two are making "This may be the very thing these children need, we will keep and eye on them see if he improves" head master Charles continues to watch the children enjoy their time building Lego kingdoms.

3:30 and Harry's parents wait eagerly in the car for their son to arrive, the school gate opens and Harry walks out with Diana and he is happily showing signs of friendship and health. He opens the car door and jumps in the back "Hey champ, how was school" an excited Harry with bursts of joy "I made a new friend today daddy, her name is Diana and she build a room for her barbie in my spaceship" glad to hear their sons making improvements with his social skills they congratulate him and buy him a chocolate chip cookie from the local supermarket. When they arrive home Harry rums upstairs to his room and brings out his notepad and begins to draw and write "Harrison White & Diana Hill best friends forever".
The next day Harry is dropped off at school where he is meet outside the gate by Diana "hello Harry, what's that you got there" Harry is holding a clean blue lined piece of paper he wrote on the night before and hands it to Diana, she smile and says with childish embrace "thank you, we will be best friends for life".


© 2014 Dane Hurst


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on June 7, 2014
Last Updated on June 24, 2014


Author

Dane Hurst
Dane Hurst

Guildford, Surrey, United Kingdom



About
I'm a guy with an imagination that spins into stories thought I give them a try more..

Writing
The Art Show The Art Show

A Chapter by Dane Hurst