Here I Stand

Here I Stand

A Poem by Dani California

 

Here I stand

On the edge of your pain

My heart aches for you

Bleeding on cue

Though sees not which you sustain

 

Here I stand

In the midst of your strife

I reach for your hand

Try to understand

Though know not of your life

 

Here I stand

In the realm of your existence

My love calls to you

Eternal and true

Though feels only your resistance

 

Here I stand

In the corner of your mind

My soul shadowed in place

Reveals to you its face

Though yours, I cannot find

 

Here I stand

In the center of love’s will

My heart holding on

Your resistance still strong

Though here I stand,

 

Yet still

 

 

 

 

 

© 2008 Dani California


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your writting always pulls at my heart strings. Educated and precise. There is a beautiful heart in you that you are not shy to share with your readers. Your poem oozes with sarrow and strength in the same brush stroke. And what a wonderful picture you paint. I love to read everything that you write. Will you sign my book when you write one?
Peace
Mr. Lopez

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I have to agree with my friend Mr. Lopez " There is a beautiful heart in you". You really right in a way that touches the heart. This piece is another exam;e of writing that has nice flow and reaches so gently right down into the center of the heart. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nothing wrong with being at the cross roads of heart and mind ,
great write love the emotions flowing to the oceans of passion..peace wizthom

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is so beautiful. I see the picture so clearly. It tugs at the heartstrings so deeply.
Thank you for writing this.
:o)
Lee

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Here I stand
In the realm of your existence
My love calls to you
Eternal and true
Though feels only your resistance

Oh how we expose ourselves, let down our guard and put it all out ther and what you get in return is only resistance.

Kind of feel like you're naked when you give yourself like that.

as always excellent write, Dani.



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You are such a great incredible artistic writer so clear that one could swear you are talking speceficly the person reading it!
What a tremendous great poem pack with so much raw emotions!
You're not only standing in that doorway but also near the doorway of poetic greatness!
Keeping writing from your soul for the good of all souls! We all enjoy your work!
Always a friend,
TIM

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This poem is brilliant. I think that it has that certain effect that poems of hope have on me. One minute the reader feels for you, they are in your agony, and then you bring us out of that darkness into the motive: Yet here I still stand...wow. The poem is something people should not just ignore, because it speaks something that really stands out within us all- the fact that we endure. Touching, motivating, and well thought out.

Gabrielle

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Truly, nicely done. We all wait for our love's to tell us the why's and the why not's of their lives. Maybe it is hard for them to speak it, but they should not be afraid to trust their significant others of what's on their minds. We also wait for the questions and answers our love's need to say and ask. So, i guess the moral is to never be afraid to give and receive love, and always communicate constantly with our partners no matter how difficult the times may be hehe. But ur poem really sums up everything here. It was very beautiful :)

B.A.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Your compassion speak volumes in this beautiful heart rendering poem ... hugs

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This poem is kind of reminiscent of you "Effortlessly": the repititions are just amazing. They really stick to you in the end. :) This is very touching and powerful. Not only that, but I just love your word choices. Very clever. ^^

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Another writing of yours that touches my heart.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1216 Views
40 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 14, 2008
Last Updated on July 14, 2008

Author

Dani California
Dani California

CA



About
A Noiseless Patient Spiderby Walt Whitman A noiseless patient spider, I mark'd where on a little promontory it stood isolated, Mark'd how to explore the vacant vast surrounding, It launch'd fort.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..