Hearts for Haiti

Hearts for Haiti

A Story by Dani California
"

Proceeds for "Hearts for Haiti" Book of Poetry will be donated to the Red Cross and other Haiti crisis relief agencies. Read below for details on how you can help!

"

In an effort to help with the crisis in Haiti, Pens for Peace, Inc. (in conjunction with Walk-It-Out Fundraisers, Inc.) is putting together a book of donated poems from various authors which will be published and sold on Amazon.  All proceeds from the book sales will be donated to the Red Cross and other Haiti relief fund agencies. 

 

Please send your poem donations to [email protected]  by March 1, 2010; include your name and contact information.   Within 7 days of receiving your poem we will email you a release for electronic signature giving Pens for Peace, Inc. permission to publish your poem for charitable purposes.  All authors will retain the rights to their work.

 

Additionally, we will choose three (3) top poems which will be featured on the first few pages of the book.  The authors of the top three poems will also receive a DVD of their choice.  The poems will be selected and authors notified by March 15, 2010. 

 

This is what "PENS" for Peace is all about - writers and artists making a difference.  

 

We look forward to your entries, but most of all... we thank you for caring.

 

Respectfully,

 

Danielle Pierre & Tim Pina
Founders:

 

Pens For Peace, Inc.
www.pensforpeace.ning.com

 

Walk-It-Out Fundraisers, Inc.
www.walkitoutfundraisers.com 

© 2010 Dani California


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Dani California
As most of you know, Tim and I started Pens For Peace, Inc. (nonprofit) in 2008 and then WIOF last year. Both are legally operating NPO's. WIOF is working in conjunction with PFP and will carry this project.

If you would like more info on either organization, please email me at [email protected] or visit our website www.walkitoutfundraisers.com

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Thanks for posting this. I just got back from visiting orphans in Dominican Republic last week. In our hotel where many different Christian groups and the UN heading to Hatti to help them. I am praying a poem will come to me for children. I saw some wonderful children in a aids orphanage that where filled with love. I am still processing how I can best help. Thanks.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I'll be glad to participate in your book with a poem from my 2nd book, The Opposite Of Magic, it hasn't been published yet, so i hope it will be ok? I'll send it to the e-mail you gave:
Let's watch the moon, let's meet the sun!
Let's hear soon the way the Deed was done!
Let's listen to the music the shiny crystals played,
let's welcome crowds of creatures good and great!

Hope it sounds OK? best wishes!

Ivan Stoikov - Allan Bard
http://www.strategicpublishinggroup.com/title/TaleOfTheRockPieces.html, http://allanbard.hit.bg


Posted 14 Years Ago


Thanks for posting this. I just got back from visiting orphans in Dominican Republic last week. In our hotel where many different Christian groups and the UN heading to Hatti to help them. I am praying a poem will come to me for children. I saw some wonderful children in a aids orphanage that where filled with love. I am still processing how I can best help. Thanks.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thanks for posting this! My thoughts and prayers are with the victims of this horrible event :(
I'm definitely going to be submitting a poem..and I talked to my cousin about it and she said(she's a writer as well)that she wants to submit a piece, too :)
Can it be any kind of writing? Or does it have to relate to the event? Thanks :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Danielle, my heart goes out to the victims and children of haiti.
and you are a real empathetic heart, brilliant doesn't even describe you
i believe this book is a most excellent ventue and would love a copy.
the poor souls in haiti, i wish the a miracle. talk soon.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I don't usually respond to "reviews" like this, but since this isn't a poem (or an actual review) ... ;)

Thank you, Tami. We've had a wonderful response to this so far and I'm so proud of people! :) I've posted it on FB and MS, etc. Sal and JKB donated from WC so far ...

I absolutely love when people ban together to help others. It's so inspiring and really warms the heart... :)



Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thanks for posting this, Dani. What a wonderful idea to assist with the crisis in Haiti.

Much Love and Respect to You and Tim,
Apollonia

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1659 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 17, 2010
Last Updated on January 21, 2010
Tags: Haiti, crisis, earthquake, relief

Author

Dani California
Dani California

CA



About
A Noiseless Patient Spiderby Walt Whitman A noiseless patient spider, I mark'd where on a little promontory it stood isolated, Mark'd how to explore the vacant vast surrounding, It launch'd fort.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..