Him

Him

A Poem by Daniela
"

This is a personal poem based on a true experience of my own.

"
He felt of home, the warmth of a fleece clinging to my hips, the steam rising and kissing my senses, pulling me into a world where I was not alone.
He felt of love, the sort that others weep over because they feel it doesn’t exist, the kind that left me breathless upon realizing it was mine to keep.
He felt of loss, the kind that leaves you shattered in pieces, clawing at your skin, the purple pigment rising to the surface of your body.
He felt of pain, the type that leaves you crying silently as your lungs tremble, with red rivers traveling downstream on your arms, and your heart straining to beat on.
He felt of nothing at all, when he was once everything and more, taking my being with him and leaving me as an empty shell of skin and scars.

© 2019 Daniela


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

he's a lot. he's literally your everything. what cares? after all, shouldn't love encircle both good and bad?
beautiful poem.

Posted 4 Years Ago


wow...the intensity...the structure, the way each line starts makes us feel each emotion you felt...
and love is like this...it blows us away in its enormity, but then blows us away literally so that the loss is feeling like a leaf dropped in the wind in autumn.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
Oooh, as a father to a daughter this is a " I'm gonna get the shotgun honey and blow his balls off" write.
Hope you are healing, healed .
Good morning

Posted 4 Years Ago


Daniela

4 Years Ago

I wish my father had the same attitude 😂 thank you.
Gee

4 Years Ago

My pleasure
I love this poem! Well done.
I like the fact that you can invoke all these feelings in a reader just through words. I felt like I was on an emotional journey with all my senses invoked. I love it!

Posted 4 Years Ago


Daniela

4 Years Ago

Thank you so much🖤 I’m happy you could share that with me.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 26, 2019
Last Updated on June 26, 2019
Tags: Poetry, poem, sad, pain, loss, love

Author

Daniela
Daniela

San Antonio, TX



About
Aspiring writer. I am happy to begin sharing my imagination with a lovely community of brilliant people. My main passions are fiction, poetry, and mystery, I find joy in creating my own worlds and eve.. more..

Writing
Raw Raw

A Poem by Daniela


Josh Josh

A Story by Daniela