Chapter 3: World So Cold

Chapter 3: World So Cold

A Chapter by Darien Don
"

Nothing seems to go right as Eunae, Menuha, Caelan, and Farida carry out orders given by Rustam.

"

            Menuha and Caelan sat quietly on a white bench.  Little droplets of water landed on their backs because of the fountain behind them.  The petty annoyance was ignored because they had an order to carry out.  Menuha had a vantage point advantage because she could look into the minds of everyone.  As of far there was no place they could plant a bomb without hurting anyone.

            “This is stupid.” Caelan sighed and laid his head on his sister’s right shoulder.  A low growl reverberated in her throat from the anger of her brother being so intimate with her.

            “Get off of me, caveman.” Menuha swatted Caelan’s face to get him off of her, but he only snuggled closer to make her even angrier.

            “This is no way to treat your beloved little twin brother, Men.  Be a kindred soul.”

            “When did you travel back more than a millennium in the past?  Idiot.” This time Menuha swung her fist at he annoying little brother, but her stopped it and smiled wickedly.

            “Be nice big sister, or I won’t be nice to you.” They both stared with blank looks on their faces and the people that passed them watched with wondering looks.

            “We need to be looking for a place for our little homemade explosive, so stop staring at me…stupid.” Both leaned back on the bench and inhaled deeply.

            “I’m not stupid.”

            “Is that all you have to say?  Please, can you focus on this?  I refuse to be the only one to look for a place to put it.”

            “Fine.” Caelan looked around and stopped by a build that seemed run down with few people around it, “Men, I have an idea.” She turned to her brother with curiosity visible in her eyes.

            “Well, tell me!” She leaned closer to him.  Her arms wrapped around Caelan’s left upper arm.

            “Now I know what you meant when you told me to get off.  Anyway, you see that building over there?  Looks like it is over a hundred years old?”

            “Yes?”

            “Well, if I create the illusion of us holding guns and shoot them then we can get the few people away!” He kept his voice down, but got excited when he told his twin about his plan.  Menuha blinked a few times while processing the “plan” and thought something of that nature just might work.

            “You know that not a bad idea.”

            “You real-“ Caelan smiled wide and his sister smirked as well.

            “Of course we’ll use my modified version, because yours is just ridiculous.” A put down indeed, but at least it used his idea.  Caelan sank in his seat and pouted his lip to give a feeling of sadness.

            “How was it ridiculous?  I thought it was the best idea I’ve ever come up with.”

            “Dear little brother, it was the best and it was stupid.  The modified version involves real hardware, though.” Menuha turned to her twin brother and darkness swirled in her eyes and all Caelan could think about was how twisted his sister was. 

            “Why real?” Caelan asked while deciding that he should ignore the evil aura around his sister because she had started taking it way too seriously.  The younger twin knew he had to take it seriously too because it was an official mission given to them by their elder brother and head of the family and team. 

            “The effect will be greater.  The police may arrest us for an illusion, but think…the real deal will get us into the city hall dungeon.  That is where we need to go.”

            “Going to seduce the guards again sister, because you have no sex appeal what-so-ever.”

            “In a minute you will never be able to have sex again if you keep talking like that little brother.” Menuha had Caelan by the collar of his shirt and brought him down to her level.  Just because he was so much taller than her didn’t mean she wouldn’t get in his business. 

            “Men!  What would Shen think if He heard you talk like that?”

            “Means He heard you too.” She quickly countered.  If Menuha got the right idea Shen heard everything and saw everything.  She got the impression that Shen was everywhere and anytime in the world.  I am.  I am everywhere and in all times on this world.  All around you…all My children.  Shen’s words echoed inside the twin’s ears and minds.  Means He really did hear and see everything.

            “Stupid sister you said bad things that Shen heard.  Bad girl!”

            “You started it idiot.” By then both sat back in their seats and signed.  Caelan looked over at his sister and leaned over to where his mouth was by her ear.

            “I like your modification better, so let’s get ready to go, OK?”  SMACK!

            “You deserved that.  You don’t do pervert things like that to your older, twin sister.” Menuha stood and offered her hand to her brother.  The evil aura had infected Caelan at some point and they both had a look in their eyes that would send anyone running for the nearest hiding spot.

            His larger hand took her smaller and more feminine one.  Both of their smiles seemed innocent enough, but their eyes reflected their same old evil ways, “So, my dear sister, where do you plan on getting our equipment?” Caelan looked straight at his sister while she thought hard.

            “Caelan, don’t you remember who we once were?  The connections we have?” The younger twin realized what she was talking about and while looking at each other he reached for the radio in his pocket. 

            He switched the radio to a frequency that only they know about.  This whole idea to have a frequency that is strong everywhere, due to a satellite, was by Menuha and Caelan.  For a few years they were the leaders of a petty gang that they created to be an organized rebel group.  No longer did they steal or vandalized, but planned and strategized.  The twins left due to being employed by The Hospital.  Menuha and Caelan became legends that were always respected when they entered the territory of the Common Rebels.  When they left the twins placed in charge a good friend of theirs.  Saying he was overjoyed would have been an understatement.

            “Finally, we’ve passed all walls of the frequency!” Caelan worked on the airwave code that was supposed to be put in before fully allowed access to the channel.  Menuha grabbed the radio.

            “Hello, this is Shorty ET.  I’m with Giant ET and we need help for MIA.  Send some hardware that we may use for AB to chase Cs away.” Menuha felt stupid for using the obvious codes that Caelan had created so that some people who did find their way onto the channel they would be so confused by what the people were saying.  It was one of Caelan’s best ideas even though she would never admit it. 

            “Shorty ET!  Welcome, this is WMD.  Nice to hear from you once again and how is Giant ET?” Menuha looked at her brother.

            “As stupid as always.  WMD, please send a DB in the RO area.  Have the DB come to the courtyard in middle of RO with two pieces of simple, but effective hardware.  We’ll be waiting.” Menuha finished up the requested and waited to hear that it went through.

            “Of course Shorty ET.  DB will bring the hardware.  Also, I have something to tell Shorty ET.”

            “What is it WMD?” Menuha felt something coming.  Something she would have to refuse.  So, she just smiled.

            “Shorty ET, can we go on a date?”

            “No.  Good work, but I must go.  Shorty ET and Giant ET out.” Menuha shut off the radio and continued to smile.  She couldn’t show how angry she was.

            “Let me guess…asked you on a date again?”

            “Yes!” The anger rolled off of her.  Caelan backed away a little and laughed nervously.

            “I thought so…” All the guys in the Common Rebels organization wanted to do was date one of the old leader, Menuha Enlinar.  As amusing as Caelan found this he knew that he would beat any man to a bloody pulp if they lay one finger on his dear sister.

            “Shall we await for our delivery, brother?” He nodded and started walking to the closest alleyway and Menuha followed after him silently.  It would be a few hours until they could really do anything.  The younger twin became impatient and several times Menuha had to calm him down and tell him to keep his mouth shut.  As they waited, Menuha couldn’t shake this feeling that something was going to happen once they get put into the city hold.

 

********

 

            She never acted like that and especially to her husband.  It was embarrassing that everyone had to hear and see her like that.  Eunae didn’t regret it, though.  Rustam had to be brought back to his senses, because the words that came from his mouth were horrific and it wasn’t whom he really was.  Eunae only knew a gentle man and she never felt the need to know the man consumed by revenge.

            She had received a short, informative message from him about surveying the area once more.  What bugged her was that he hadn’t felt the need to speak with her about what happened a few hours ago.  Rustam was just giving orders like nothing ever happened.  Like he never blew up the truck.  Like he had never went insane with rage when they saw the blood stained vehicle.  They all hated what the infection did, but no one ever acted like that.  None of the family launched a rocket at a vehicle full of people who could be saved from themselves.

            “What he did was wrong and he needs to claim responsibility.” Eunae was still upset over the situation and the rising number of those being killed.  With that last thought, Mrs. Enlinar took off to a secluded area to take flight.  It took awhile, but Eunae found a little cliff area by the beach.  She was quite thankful about the lack of living beings in the area because it would be quite awful if they saw someone jump off a cliff not knowing that she could fly. 

            For the next few minutes, Eunae worked at the harness that kept her wings pinned to her back without taking off her shirt.  It was a difficult task, but she had done it many times before.  Right before her wings tore through her shirt she remembered that she wore one of her favorite tops.  This made her a little hesitant, but Eunae realized that in this situation none of that mattered.  She had to take flight in the next two minutes or it would be like she was disobeying orders from the captain, her husband.  But, it didn’t bother her one bit because he would excuse her “disobedience” because he was whipped.  So, just because she could she waited for a few more minutes.

            Three minutes later the angel dove off the cliff and smiled when she felt the air rush past her.  Halfway down her wings ripped through her shirt and expanded.  Her quick fall turned into an extremely slow glide and her wings began to flap.  Before she flew over the city Eunae made sure she was high enough above it so that no one would see that she was not a bird.

            The first few sectors she flew over were peaceful and almost calming.  The air rushing past her ears block every other sound out allowing her to focus on what she saw.  For a single moment she was relaxed and in a blissful state, but that was until a scream tore through the air           

            “What in the world?” Eunae dove slightly and gained speed and circled around a certain sector that the team had not looked around.  Even from the sky she saw the bloodbath.  The scene was so disgustingly mesmerizing that it hypnotized the angel.  Images of the past and seeing her family slaughtered like animals replayed in seconds, “Is this what Rustam saw every time he faced the infected?”  Eunae asked the air in barely a whisper.  The picture of what was below her was like hell.  No, it was hell unleashed and no one could stop it from happening.

            Eunae was drawn out from the tunnel vision she had while watching what happened below by a searing pain in her abdomen.  Her wings flapped rapidly pumping the air to keep her afloat.  Her hand that automatically went to find the source of pain was covered in a crimson liquid and she felt a metal rod stick out from her body.  The metal was cold on her wound, as realization had dawned on her.  The enemy had spotted her and aimed to shoot her down.  It wasn’t going to be easy to escape; she had to focus a lot on flying because if she tried to evade and fly while wounded to such a degree it could be a great hazard.

            The angel studied her routes.  When she found one that could be easy to evade the assailants Eunae realized it was a little too late.  She sensed the air come t her right before it pierced through her stomach.  Another person was trying to shoot her down, “I need to get-“ Eunae was becoming weak.  Then, she felt it.  The arrows were coated with a strong anesthetic and it was finally taking effect.

            “She’s falling!” She heard someone yell.  Yes, she was falling back to the ground.  How could this happen to her?  Would Rustam know that she was probably going to die?  That’s right she never got to apologize for slapping him, or give him the chance to explain his actions.  Will I die with regrets such as these?  Why must my end come so soon?  Will Rustam find a new wife after me?  Maybe one who will accept his bursts of rage?  Eunae’s thoughts were unreasonable and meaningless.  She tried to tell herself they were stupid fears.  Was the drug doing such horrible things to her body that she fears Rustam would be happy to be rid of her?

            I am with you my child.  Quiet and be still.  I have a purpose for you and a purpose that has not yet been fulfilled.  Such fears are nonsense with Me as your Father.  Who was speaking to her?  Maybe it was another figment of her imagination?  She was alone falling from the sky.  No one would be able to whisper into her ear.  You doubt Me?  Dear Eunae, I will always and forever more will be with you.  Know I am the King of Heaven!  I have created you in My image.  Such doubt is insulting!

            “Who are you?” Eunae’s words where quiet and full of emotion as the ground was as close as ever.  She wouldn’t be alone when she died and that made her happy.  I am the One whom loves you most.  CRACK!

 

********

 

            Was her brother so cruel?  She still was trying to tell herself that Leda being taken wasn’t her fault.  Farida was a hawk and flew over the city for the fifth time.  Rustam had mentioned briefly that Eunae was also ordered to survey Revri from above, so she thought that it would be calming to see how she was doing.

            Now that Farida was out in the fresh air her head began to clear.  It was good to be back out in nature and not the city.  Farida flew around the city once more and felt joyful.  She told her self that she had to look for Eunae because she should have taken to flight by then.  I wonder where she could be?  Farida looked over to the ocean and the over taken sector. 

            Eunae stood staring down at that sector from the sky.  What was she doing?  She had to keep moving!  Furiously fast, Farida flapped her wings and soared over to her sister and a pain that was familiar with her over care her when Farida saw the metal arrow fly to her sister.  It can’t be that she couldn’t do anything again. 

            You can do something.  You can save her.  She heard the whisper, but she told herself she wasn’t strong enough.  You only fear.  You let fear talk hold of you so tightly.  Eunae began to fall.  This could not be happening! 

            That voice as right because she did fear.  This fear was selfish and she didn’t want to be found out.  She would let her sister die to save herself.  I will teach you differently, my child.  Let Me make you a fearless warrior…Just believe in Me and only Me.  She couldn’t.  It scared her too much.

            Farida had found that she had been drawn to the site where she sister was shot down and just before she hit the ground a mysterious white mist swirled gently around her keeping her up before she crashed to the ground.  I kept your sister from physical death, but let Me keep you from spiritual death, child.  I love you more than anyone else could.  This Person saved her sister from sudden death. 

            It didn’t matter because the Mayor’s men swarmed her and dragged her to city hall.  It happened again.  She would have to tell her big brother once more that someone in the family was kidnapped.  And what was the worst thing about this?  This time they had taken his wife.  All hell would break loose.

            “Can you keep my brother from killing the infected stranger?  Maybe than, I will believe that you can truly save us all.” Farida descended close to the base and transformed back to a human.  Again, she feared.  This time it was for what the eldest brother would do once he heard the news.



© 2011 Darien Don


Author's Note

Darien Don
Review please :) <3

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on November 23, 2011
Last Updated on November 23, 2011


Author

Darien Don
Darien Don

Rural, AK



About
I'm Darien Southall, but I'll Darien Moore by the end of the year. I'm marrying a wonderful man this December. I've changed a lot in the last couple years. My views. My lifestyle. It's all so dif.. more..

Writing