Preach To Your Heart

Preach To Your Heart

A Poem by AJ Taylor
"

Thoughts keep going through my head, so here they are :) Crushes suck...lol

"
Deep down inside of me
I know you see it

Pain and pleasure running free
And I could be it

I'm tired of being angry at you
But I'm not ready to forgive

This is not a beg for truth
This is what I say to live

To keep up my brand new start
Have to tear us wide apart
But to stay friends through the dart
Have to stay to preach to your heart

I never wanted this to end
But it's just turned into games

Instead of being a good friend
We both pointed out our blame

Maybe we can work it out
There's still time to see

What this love is all about
What it's meant to be

To keep up my brand new start
Have to tear us wide apart
But to stay friends through this dart
Have to stay to preach to your heart

© 2013 AJ Taylor


Author's Note

AJ Taylor
Yes, no, maybe?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

THIS. Oh my gawd, you just took the teenage girl crush feels and slammed it into writing, with a swinging melody! PURE BRILLIANCE!!!!! XD This stanza (chorus?) was such neat rhyming, i actually sighed with poet pleasure!
"To keep up my brand new start
Have to tear us wide apart
But to stay friends through the dart
Have to preach to your heart"
I could feel the emtion in this; its personal, i'm guessing…? NOT being nosy! Just doin my rampling review thingy…
Great job, AJ! You always have such good feelings in your writing! X)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AJ Taylor

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much! XD Yeah, it is personal (I don't mind being asked ;)) I'm so glad you liked the c.. read more
EverleafOwl

11 Years Ago

You are SO welcome, you fantastic poet, you! X)



Reviews

Been there. It's an exhausting experience. Good writing, keep it up

Posted 11 Years Ago


good start

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dear AJ Taylor

What I love about writers, those who are prepared to open up, is they put their hearts and their minds in full view of their audience. To let us hear how they feel. Wear their hearts on their sleeve.

As I keep on saying, we as writers sometimes believe we have a wide audience, but I assure you, we are only ever conversing with one reader at a time and are addressing their persoanl experience of life.

Either they see it and identify or they don't.

For me this poem is about the notion of how you love, break up and then hope to stay friends when in my experience that is almost an impossibility though some do achieve it.

You get to breaking point with someone, you want to retrieve it, you want a brand new start, but we are so often dragged back by the past.

In my view it rather depends on how many times you have split or tried to and then made up.

In the end, through endless repetition of trying, too much may only end up in a split.

It rather depends on how much affection there was in the beginning. How real?!

I have been told by some that the best relationships are those that are stormy at the outset, as then you work your issues out quickly and can move on.

Counterintuvitely, those that start and continue with no rows at first and for a long time are those which are at most danger of splitting, as the real underlying problems don't get sorted upfront.

This is your writing and you have your own meaning, But I am just one reader of many and you are actually just addressing me, in much the same way as any reader, one at a time.

You may be talking about a crush or you may not be. I can only read it my way.

I do like the way you express yourself. I like the voice of desperation, the repetition of the same words, the chorus, the anger and the desire for forgiveness.

Surely we must all have got there at some point in our lives. And if that is so, then you have spoken words that do not only apply to me but us all.

I suppose the best writing is that which expresses experiences we have all been through so that many identify.

But if I were you, do not seek to satisfy an audience, just tell us your truth, teach us something we may not know, keep true to yourself and tell it as it is.

Honesty on the part of the writer is all. Just be yourself.

I won't attempt to critique this poem in its detail. All I can tell you is in overview you bought me in from the first word to the last.

You have talent. We all need encouragement.

Keep writing, you have mine.

With warm reagrds

James


Posted 11 Years Ago


THIS. Oh my gawd, you just took the teenage girl crush feels and slammed it into writing, with a swinging melody! PURE BRILLIANCE!!!!! XD This stanza (chorus?) was such neat rhyming, i actually sighed with poet pleasure!
"To keep up my brand new start
Have to tear us wide apart
But to stay friends through the dart
Have to preach to your heart"
I could feel the emtion in this; its personal, i'm guessing…? NOT being nosy! Just doin my rampling review thingy…
Great job, AJ! You always have such good feelings in your writing! X)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AJ Taylor

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much! XD Yeah, it is personal (I don't mind being asked ;)) I'm so glad you liked the c.. read more
EverleafOwl

11 Years Ago

You are SO welcome, you fantastic poet, you! X)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 3, 2013
Last Updated on March 3, 2013
Tags: Love, hate, relationships, couple, boy, girl, heart, preach

Author

AJ Taylor
AJ Taylor

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada



About
I'm a very enthusiastic writer, and appreciative of any literary art. I specialize in poetry, but enjoy short stories or novels. I would love to know what you all think of my book-in-process and any v.. more..

Writing
Mirrors Mirrors

A Poem by AJ Taylor