The Cupcake in my Eye

The Cupcake in my Eye

A Poem by Reaper

A devil whispers in my ear, temping me,

Wishing for nothing but sinful behavior

I should have slit its throat a long time ago

Black thorns buried deep inside my veins

Slowly draining my existence away

Your kiss unlocks the deadlock battles inside

You live in the gap between man and monster.

I use your love as my shield

My built up pain as my sword

A suit of armor built by our collective craziness

All to slash and kill the demons of my past

Take a last look of what I was

I’m not that starry eyed doe of a boy

Now I’m indestructible…

Destroy the bridge and deadly gap in my mind

Between Reaper and the man I am.

I’ll move forward, masking the fight inside

All signs point to bloody victory

As long as you are by my side

You told me to believe

The belief I would love again

Who knew it was going to be you

That I would fall in love with

And get some salvation for my soul.

© 2012 Reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your words take on a meaning to what true love is and the willingness to do anything for anyone. It shows the turmoil of life and pain and how one moment of uncertainty can open into a cavern of love we've never truly know was there. It blossoms in the life of scarce freedom and fright. In the time where we cannot see much further then our own hands like puppet strings held to our face. Running without seeing, and it captures us, as you have captured this poem with a breathlessness so beautiful.

Well done. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Roe
wow this is a amazing write. we all long and soon will kill the demons of or past.great write

Posted 11 Years Ago


It begins so dark and automic...but turns hopeful and wonder filled. I like the change throughout your poem...it's slow and steady and has meanings well beyond what you have penned down...we all hope for that one moment that we have finally found peace...be that on a journey of self discovery..or something as simple as her smiling words to you. Whether complex or simple that one turning point is there just awaiting our discovery. Wonderful piece truely it is... :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Your words take on a meaning to what true love is and the willingness to do anything for anyone. It shows the turmoil of life and pain and how one moment of uncertainty can open into a cavern of love we've never truly know was there. It blossoms in the life of scarce freedom and fright. In the time where we cannot see much further then our own hands like puppet strings held to our face. Running without seeing, and it captures us, as you have captured this poem with a breathlessness so beautiful.

Well done. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful :) Just beautiful. Many other things can discribe this but I am speechless at the momment so all I can say is; Beautiful poem :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


This poem very smooth, it's like tempting me to do something I'm not suppose to do,It's beautiful.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Some are able to open our eyes and make us believe we can do certain things that we would never dream of before...and we should be grateful for those. Pain is only temporary, but it may last longer for some than others because some are not able to move on as quick...they allow the pain to stick around. To keep them stuck in that dark place. To embrace the pain and deal with their past, though the past shouldn't matter.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Awesome! I love this one~!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I loved it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


That's a paradox O.O really good and I was not expecting the ending. Cool poem, especially with all the symbolism. Definantly made it interesting.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A very powerful poem, well told.; both fighter and protector. Are you sure you want to say "You told me to believe/ the belief I would love again"? To me that sounds awkward.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1591 Views
42 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on May 7, 2012
Last Updated on May 7, 2012

Author

Reaper
Reaper

In Wonderland with Alice, AR



About
I may not write as much but any void I need to fill is full with love of my wonderful wife. more..

Writing
notes notes

A Story by Reaper


Arcally Arcally

A Poem by Reaper


Resurrection Resurrection

A Poem by Reaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..