Awaiting Fate

Awaiting Fate

A Chapter by DarkSorrows
"

Dark people surround us at every waking moment. Time will tell...will this couple survive it?

"
Chapter Three

In the morning on Saturday, both Jake and Audrie slept in until 11am. Once they woke up, they got out of bed and went to go get ready to leave later in the day. 
"I'm so excited to go to Rome with you!" Audrie smiled. Jake smiled back as he put both their luggage bags into the back of his car. 
"As am I." He said.
*
Around 3:45pm Audrie and Jake stepped onto the plane. The plane didn't start its way to Italy until 4:20pm.
"So where are we going first? When we land I mean." Audrie asked.
"Well, we'll grab our luggage and go to the hotel. Then I have a scheduled wine tasting, you can come or stay at the hotel."
"I'd be delighted to come and see what you do." She smiled and then locked hands with Jake.
"Which hotel are we staying at?" Audrie asked. Jake reached into his pocket and unfolded a piece of paper.
"The Marriott. I've heard that its one of the best hotels in Rome. Would you like a glass of water?" He asked.
"Yes please." Audrie said.

The plane landed at the Rome airport at 7pm. Jake and Audrie claimed their luggage and then went to go find their driver.
"Mr. Walker?" A man dressed in a black suit asked.
"Yes, and this is my girlfriend Audrie." Jake said and the man nodded. He led both of them outside to the small limo. The driver took both their bags and put them into the trunk.

"Welcome to the Marriott. I think both of you will enjoy your month's stay here. Our bell boys' will take your luggage up to your room, while you go to your meeting. If you have any questions, please call anytime to our front desk." The manager explained.
"Thank you." Said Jake and the manager walked away.
"Ready?"
"Yes." Audrie winked.

"Here is our specialty, a '99 Merlot. Please enjoy, when you're ready, we'll bring our next pick out of our selection. Thank you Mr. Walker."
"Thank you very much Cole." Jake said, glanced at Audrie and smiled. Cole left the table. "So, this is basically all I do. I take a sip of it and try to savor the taste. Cheers."
"Cheers." Audrie and Jake took a sip of the red wine. She put the glass down and took a small piece of bread.
"Do you like it?" Audrie asked.
"It's not my favorite, but its alright. What about you?"
"No, I didn't like it. But the bread is good." She smiled and Jake leaned over to kiss her cheek. He then waved his hand and Cole walked over.
"Yes Mr. Walker?" Cole asked.
"We are ready for your next selection." Jake replied.
"Alright, I will be right back, excuse me." Cole left quickly. "Here is our second choice of the night. The '95 white wine, we hope you like it. Enjoy."
"Thank you." Jake said.
"Cheers again." Audrie giggled before clinking her glass with his. "How many selections are there to try?" She whispered to him.
"There are only three, so one more after this." Jake explained.
"Okay, then we go back to hotel?" She asked quietly and he nodded. Jake then motioned for the last selection. Cole came over quickly and presented the next bottle. 
"This is our last pick out of our selection, just made just last year. Another white wine, enjoy." Cole said. 
"Cheers once more." Said Jake. 

In the limo ride home, Audrie was staring out the window until she did a double take. She thought she had seen Keith's brother..Nate. Nate was even worse in college life towards her. He locked eyes with her once in an english class and that was the beginning of a serious stalker. Audrie had gone through multiple police investigations and therapists. Audrie's life would become complicated again if it really was Nate Crub. Jake must have noticed a change in her calmness because he squeezed her knee. She looked over and tried to fake a smile. 
"Why are you faking a smile?" Jake asked. He knew when Audrie was faking smiles or laughs, when something was wrong. Audrie's eyes shifted from his eyes to the floor. 
"I'll tell you when we get back to the hotel.." Her words were apprehensive. 

"So, why were you faking a smile in the limo?" Jake got right to the point. Audrie took a deep breath before speaking. 
"Remember meeting Keith Crub?" Audrie asked and he nodded. "Okay, well back in college I had met Keith and his brother..Nate." She took another deep breath. "Nate and I had a class together, he locked eyes with me once. He got really involved in me, like a stalker. So I went to the campus police after a few days of serious stalking; however, they couldn't do anything without proof of Nate Crub actually stalking me." Tears began to form in her eyes. "So I bought a cheap camera and tried to take pictures of Nate following me around. I was in my dorm room one night and out of the corner of my eye, I saw Nate staring at me outside my window. I called 911 and when they got there, he was gone..But I did give the camera to the police. Nate was put under arrest and was sentenced to five years in jail..It's been seven. When I was looking out the window, I did a double take because I thought I saw his face. I'm pretty sure it wasn't him though." Audrie concluded. Jake looked at her for a few moments.
"I'm sorry that happened and if you see Nate here or anywhere for that fact, tell me and I will take care of it." Jake pulled her into a warm hug.


"Look at this room! It's huge." Audrie gasped and turned around to look at him. "How much did this cost?"
"To tell you the truth, I didn't have to chip in. Each hotel I check into for work, I get for free. Because Josh takes care of the financial side of it all."
"Oh, well we should invite him over for dinner when we get back to thank him." Audrie replied and Jake smiled at her.

oOo

Around 11am Audrie woke up. It took a few moments for her to realize what the loud noise was coming from. She opened her eyes and saw was all tangled up in the bed covers. She lifted her right hand to pick up her cellphone. 
"Hi honey." Audrie said with a growing smile.
"Hello love, I just wanted to let you know I'm out exploring Rome. I had an early appointment with a client, I'll be back soon." Jake's voice was as smooth as silk.
"Oh, okay. I guess I'll see you when I see you. I'm going to take a shower and then go have breakfast down in the lobby."
"Alright, I got you a room key before I left this morning. The room key also resembles as a money card. Use it when you go have breakfast." Jake explained.
"Awesome! Thanks babe, I love you." Audrie replied.
"Love you too."

Meanwhile with Jake, he was walking in the streets of Rome trying to find jewelry shops. He found a small shop very near to the hotel. He went in and saw the most stunning ring he's ever laid eyes on. The ring have five diamonds, one smack in the middle of it, while having two tiny diamonds on each side.
"Excuse me?" Jake asked the man behind the counter.
"Yes sir, how may I help you?"
"How much is this ring?"
"Hm, let me ask my manager..Excuse me for a moment." He returned with a smile in his narrow face. "You're in luck. It's only $2,000 dollars. Cash or credit?" Jake's face drained of all color.
"Wow..can you put it on hold until tomorrow?"
"Sure sir."
"Thank you." Just as Jake was leaving the shop his cell phone began to ring.
"Hey Josh. What's up?" Jake answered.
"You looked at a ring didn't you?" Josh asked, Jake looked around confused.
"How did you know that?"
"I'm in Rome with you, I'm around the corner. See you in a minute." Josh hung up.
"Alright, before you go meet up with the love of your life, you're buying the ring." Josh stated.
"Josh..I would love to, but the ring is $2,000 dollars. That's a lot."
"I'm not taking no for an answer. I will gladly chip in $1,000 for the ring. Let's go." Josh pulled Jake inside the shop.
"Hello sir, welcome back. Did you make your decision about the ring?" The narrow faced man asked. Josh spoke up before Jake could.
"Yes he has, he just doesn't know it yet." Josh smiled. "I will pay for half the payment while my friend here will get the other half." 
"Alright, that will be $1,000 dollars each." Both Josh and Jake paid. "Thank you gentlemen, good luck." 

"Thanks man." Jake said. "So where are you staying at?"
"Actually, I'm flying back home tonight. I only came here to help you buy a ring for miss Audrie." Josh half-smiled. "So, let me know when she says yes. I have a plane to catch."

oOo

As Jake walked into the hotel room, he was shocked to see Audrie laying in the middle of the floor. he sprinted across the threshold and placed two fingers on her throat. Her hand touched his chin.
"Hi." She said with a smile and he let out a sigh of relief.
"I thought..well it doesn't matter now. What are you doing on the floor?" He asked concernedly.
"I was wondering how comfortable the carpet was." She giggled. "You should join me, at least for a little while." She smiled and he laid down next to her.


© 2013 DarkSorrows


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on August 17, 2013
Last Updated on August 17, 2013


Author

DarkSorrows
DarkSorrows

Longmont, CO, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
Writing for me is a form of therapy. It helps me deal with a lot of things that happen in my life, a lot of stress is relieved when I'm writing. more..

Writing



Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5