Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by D.S.C. Young Writer 15 Years Old
"

Emma, her twin and her best mate get into trouble after playing a prank on their friend.

"

   "Yeah thats right number 5 Oakley Terrace" Emma was making a prank call to another taxi firm. Number 5 Oakley Terrace was the house next to hers, so far they had called 17 firms and had booked a taxi to be there by 12am. So, who exactly is this they? Well this they consisted of Emma, her twin Jade, and their best friend Flo.

   "Oh this is gonna be so so funny!" Flo blurted as she got her video camera out of its bag, the twins sniggered at the thaught of 17 taxis all blocking the road and at the confused looks that would, hopefully, adorn the faces of the drivers and their victim. Jade had wanted to tell each taxi firm to come half an hour after another so it lasted longer but she'd been out-voted. The victim, as they called him, was 15 year old Andy McDarren, Andy was quite a tough looking boy, although he was quite sweet and kind, to Emma at least, he had good looks about him and a nice buisness cut hair style. Emma fancied him and everyone knew that, weather he fancied her was dabbled upon. Sometimes Andy would wink at Emma in class and others he would completely ignor her.

   "I know why it's number 5 and not number 9." Jade eyed her identical twin "It's cus you know who lives there and he always answers the door at night." Emma gave her sister a dig in the ribs and an evil look before blushing bright red and giving an invisable Andy a huge grin.

   It was now nearing 12am and the girls were becoming excited, Flo had set her camera up on its tripod to capture all the action, Emma had snook downstairs and stolen 3 cream cakes from the fridge, and Jade had called each taxi company to make sure they would be on time at exctly 12am.

   The three 15 year olds sat giggling and talking in a small triangle on Jades bed when they heard the sound of an engine then another, and another, and another, soon the street was packed out with 17 taxis some big some small but all the drivers had the same puzzled look on their faces. The first driver knocked on the front door of Andys' house and waited while all the other drivers watched. The girls watched the small screen not wanting to be seen at the window but to their horror Andy didn't open the door, it was his grandmother Angela. The girls all looked at each other, the same horrified look on each face. Angela knew who had played the prank and was looking streight at their window.

   "Oh s**t, we're in so much trouble now!" Emma knew Angela would tell their mother and she wouldn't be happy. Jade just smiled and looked at her sister, Emma seemed to be quite a mischevous girl but she never liked being told off, but on the other hand Jade was the same whereas she didn't mind a telling off, she thaught it was part of the fun and in Jades' mind she thaught being a twin was better because she could say that she was Emma and get her in trouble instead. "Oh chill out sis, it's not like you're gonna die if you get told off." Emma lifted her bare foot and shoved it into her sisters face "Eww gross! No wonder Andy wont go out with you." she swiped her sisters leg away as she said this and they all fell about laughing, but Emma wasn't happy, she wanted Andy and she'd assured herself that he wanted her.

  

   It was early morning at number 7 Oakley Terrace and the three girls were asleep. Flo had managed to get to her sleeping bag but the twins lay on the same bed where their tiredness had simply made them fall asleep without warning. The camera had stopped rolling when it had run out of battery and the cream cakes had managed to get squished by a falling chair.

   "Right you three up! Time to get up! Wakey, wakey, rise and shine!" The twins mother Joanne had come into their bedroom banging a saucepan with a wooden stirring spoon. Emma clasped her hands over her ears while her sister, Jade, wound her pillow around her head, Flo was already up and dressed and had found the whole thing extreemly funny. "Hey, hey! Mum, come on it's six in the morning! Give it a rest,  pleeeaseee." Jade yelled over the inane racket. Her mother smiled evily at her two daughters and then looked over at Flo "Sorry about that Flo dear but my girls have to learn that 17 taxis don't pay for themselves." By now the racket had stoped and Emma had proceded to get dressed. Jade looked innocently at her mother "What do you mean? 17 taxis?" Emma decided it was best to play along. "Don't play all innocent with me. Angela came around this morning and told me about what happened last night." Jade carried on fighting the twins corner. "You acctually believe her?! She hates our guts, she'd blame global warming on us if she could!" Emma nodded in agreement. Their mum smiled and Jade thaught she'd gotten them out of trouble "Oh so can you both explain to me why the last 5 numbers dialed on the house phone were ones to taxi firms?" Jade was stuck, this was damning evidance and even she couldn't wiggle or argue her way out of this one. "Emma you idiot! You were menna call our mobiles to errase the numbers. You know sometimes I really do hate you." Emma gave her sister an appologetic look, she knew she was in for it. "So it was you two! Well what a surprise! Your both grounded for a week, no pocket money, and you'll do the washing up without using the dish washer." Emma groaned "What Emma? Say something did you?" Emma shook her head and looked at her feet, she hated being grounded and besides all this had been Jades idea "Good and this room needs a tidy as well so you'd better start on that." Emmas' mum left the room and as she did Emma gave her the finger. She looked at er sister who looked back at her "That was all your idea! Why did you have to get me in troube too?" Jade just smiled and shurgged her shoulders, she couldn't care less, all she wanted to do was sleep and right now seemed to be the perfect time.



© 2008 D.S.C. Young Writer 15 Years Old


Author's Note

D.S.C. Young Writer 15 Years Old
Hope you ennjoyed it as much as i enjoyed writing it!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Not surprised you enjoyed writing it!

The story flows really well, the different characteristics of the girls are shown almost immediately and clearly. And, the trick they were going to play crept out, almost unexpectedly and would have been a crazy sight! Wicked idea!

You really have relaxed style of writing, which makes it a pleasure to read.

The conversations are good, read naturally, not at all stilted.

I really look forward to reading the next chapter!

There are some grammatical mistakes and quite a few spelling errors. It might be an idea to type on Word, because you'll get punctuation automatically corrected, plus spellings will be highlighted so you can check on themthen edit. Once you're satisfied things are exactly what you want, then you can copy and paste to wc.org.

Will go to Chapter 11 now. Thanks lots for asking me to read and share.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

457 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 25, 2008
Last Updated on July 30, 2008


Author

D.S.C. Young Writer 15 Years Old
D.S.C. Young Writer 15 Years Old

Manchester, United Kingdom



About
I'm 15 years old and founder of the Young British Authors Society (www.ybasoc.com OR www.myspace.com/youngbritishauthorsociety) the Y.B.A.S. is available to everyone. I go .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..