Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by D.S.C. Young Writer 15 Years Old
"

Second installment

"

   Jade and Emma had now said goodbye to their friend and had had their breakfast. Emma wasn't talking to Jade and Jade wasn't talking to Emma, they had well and truly fallen out. As they walked down the stairs to the living room they both heard not one but two voices, one was quite obviously their mothers, she had a rough voice after 13 years of smoking 2 packets a day she almost sounded manly, and the other voice, it wasn't their fathers as he was away in New York, it wasn't a mans, suddenly it spoke again and both girls realised who it was, Angela, or as they had to call her whenever she was around Mrs Johnstone. They hated having to call her Mrs Johnstone, Emmas argument was that Angela wasn't even married so she should be Miss Johnstone.

   They entered the living-room and looked through the separating archway into the dining room, there she was, the devil in disguise, Mrs Johnstone herself. They both looked at their mother who had a f*g in one hand and a cup of tea in the other, she smiled at Mrs Johnstone and sat next to her on the two seater sofa.

   "Good morning children." Mrs Johnstone coaxed "I hope we didn't wake you up too early. After all I'm sure you were both asleep all last night." Emma bit her lip, she hated being called a child but she couldn't talk back, she was in enough trouble already. "Well girls where are your manners? Say good morning to Mrs Johnstone." both Emma and Jade mumbled their good mornings and sat down on the sofa opposite. They knew the routiene, mum gets Angela a cup of tea, they sit down, Angela lectures them and then she goes. However Emma felt today was different, she couldn't quite put her finger on it but she knew something was going to change about the whole routiene. "Well girls I must say well done for last night 17 taxis all turned up at my door and all wanted paying for the trouble." Jade sniggered "Well I don't know why you find it funny Miss Slade. You and your sister will work to pay back every penny I spent on the taxis." Emma groaned she hated housework and knowing Angela she would make it especially hard for them both "You will begin work at my house in a half hour; I expect you both to be turned out beautifully as I have guests around for morning tea." and with that Angela stood up, slowly followed by the girls mother. "I'll make sure they turn up on time, and I'll get them cleaned up. It's about time they learnt some manners." She shut the front door behind Angela and turned to look at the girls who had their arms folded and heads down in a sulk "I'm sorry girls I tryed to reason with her but she wouldn't listen. I don't like this ether but you'll just have to live with it. I mean it's only for a week." Mrs Slade went into the dining room and soon came back with two dresses "She braught these around, she wants you to wear them for the morning tea today." Emma and Jade looked at the dressed with horror, dread and slight spite.

   The dresses were horrible, Emmas was a yellow colo[u]r with huge frilly shoulders, the socks were white, came just above the ankle, and had a frilly top to them. Mrs Johnstone hadgone to the trouble of supplying shoes for the girls, they were ugly red highish heels with a strap over the top to make them stay on. Jade's dress was the same as Emmas but in red, she had the same socks and the same shoes. Both girls felt stupid in the old-style dresses and un-comfortable shoes.

   "Awwww don't you two look adorable." Mrs Slade tormented as they walked into the living room. She held a camea up and snapped a picture of the girls "Hey mum! Delete that now! I look an idiot." their mother smiled at them and tapped her watch indicating it was time for the girls to leave. "Can't you drive us? I don't wanna go out in the street dressed like this." Mrs Slade laughed at her two girls and shook her head. Emma gave her evils and walked towards the front door, she could hear children playing on the street and didn't want to go out.

   "Ah girls you're early!" Angela finally opened the door, they had been stood there for five minutes with their friends laughing at them and Jade trheatening to break the fingers of anyone that took a photo "I must say you've been turned out especially well." They walked into Angela's living room and recoiled, it smelt of old people, Jade hated the smell of old people but she was going t have to live with it for the next week. "Now I'm going to take you through the ground rules, and how I want you both to behave around my guests. Number one you mu..." Emma went into a daydream, she wondered how Andy could live in such a smelly place and how she could possibly be his mother "Emma repeat what I just said, word for word." Emma let her mouth open but she couldnt find words "I'd thank you to listen to me when I'm talking to you." Angela turned around as the door to the living room opened "Ah hello Andy dear. How are you today?" She seemed to be nicer to him than anyone else.

   "Yeh, I'm fine thanks gran. Hey can I ge..." He stopped his own sentence as he saw the twins sat on the sofa dressed like old-style children, he sniggered but Emma gave him evils "Yeh, urm, can I get some breakfast?" Angela smiled and pointed to the free seat next to Emma. She felt her heart beat a little faster as the boy of her dreams sat down next to her "Now Andy, as you can see I have two pretty girls dressed admarably, as you know today is going to be the first morning tea that I have held. I want you to go upstairs and get dressed in your Sunday best. Will you do that for me?" Andy looked put out, like a child who had been told to give his favorite toy to the charity shop. "But Gran, I was menna go play footie on the feilds today. All my mates will bewaiting for me." He got a stern look from Angela to say 'I wasn't asking you, I was telling you'. He decided to play safe and not risk getting into trouble so he went up to his room and donned his Sunday best.



© 2008 D.S.C. Young Writer 15 Years Old


Author's Note

D.S.C. Young Writer 15 Years Old
Enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed!

This story is flying along so well. The girls are getting it in the neck - and very cleverly, by mrs. Johnstone! Isn't she going to make them suffer! Clever idea of yours to create the punishment. You ceertainly have a story teller's imagination. There are no complexities in your writing, it flows smoothly so, it's enjoyable to read.

Again there are punctuation and spelling errors; try to be careful. Either edit before you post the next chapter (s) or use Word, then copy/paste. Might you write shorter paragraphs too?

I truly want to congratulate you for attempting a book; there are plenty of people who'd be scared stiff of even writing a letter but, you've begun a book, a real book and I hope it's the first of many!

Bring on the next chapters! Thanks again for letting me share.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

414 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 26, 2008
Last Updated on July 30, 2008


Author

D.S.C. Young Writer 15 Years Old
D.S.C. Young Writer 15 Years Old

Manchester, United Kingdom



About
I'm 15 years old and founder of the Young British Authors Society (www.ybasoc.com OR www.myspace.com/youngbritishauthorsociety) the Y.B.A.S. is available to everyone. I go .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..