Keegan D'souza

Keegan D'souza

A Chapter by David the writer

 

So, why do you write?

Morte


[send message][befriend]Subscribe
 

To be honest I'm not to sure why, I just feel like my mind is clogged up with these idea's which to me seem very creative. I shared an idea with a friend of mine once who's a son of a film director and he told me I need to write these ideas down, ever since that day of bouncing off ideas between each other I've been writing anything creative that I think of. Writing is more of a hobby to me at this point in my life than anything else.

Keegan D'souza
[send message][befriend]Subscribe
 

Really? That's very enteresting. So, is there a common genre these ideas would fall under?


Morte

[send message][befriend]Subscribe
 

I've been a gamer all my life, started with a 2 dimensional game called Ragnarok and branched out to Counter Strike and World of Warcraft, many other big names fall under my portfolio with regards to gaming. I've never read a book outside of school in my life, I've once attempted to read my cousins book titled "Shantaram" by Gregory David Roberts, I got through most of it and I enjoyed it, but yes I have never taken the effort to read another book after that. Gaming has made me see a whole new world, with so many creative possibilities. When I sleep at night, I think to myself what if I could create such a world, the answer is yes I can, through writing. I'd say I fit under the Horror/Fantasy/Fiction genre if that's an answer not straying to far from the question.

Keegan D'souza
[send message][befriend]Subscribe
 

I agree, and it it's relatable, atleast to me. I actually am a gamer. Skyrim lead me to writing, but this is about you not me.

I love the peices from you that I've read. Your style is so smooth, and the flow is great. May I ask neccessarily why you picked a well to be a gateway, and why to hell in your piece A possesion?


Morte

[send message][befriend]Subscribe
 

I have a house a farm house in Goa, a tourist / agricultural place in India. This house is massive and has a lot of forest behind it. There's a well located just before the forest begins behind my house, this well has a tale that it looks shallow but it's suppose to be really deep. Villagers would say a lady downed the road killed her husband and threw him in that well ages ago and its haunted or what not. That story and the well always creeped me out. Now the house is renovated and being sold so I the idea behind possession was, I had the concept of this well in the back of my head and also me being frustrated with how disappointing new horror movies have been, nothing really to get the hair on your hands to stand. So I came up with the story of the ghastly events that effect Elise, the protagonist in my poems.

Keegan D'souza
[send message][befriend]Subscribe
 

I see. That's very ineteresting. Has India effected your writing in any other way, shape, form, or fashion?


Morte

[send message][befriend]Subscribe
 

India has taught me one thing, have options! Don't rely one one path or career, because the population in India is so vast the competition for jobs, etc is immense. I love India for the freedom I have, I've been to a couple of places in the world, life was fun there, fast, sometimes too fast, but I always missed India and not just for any specific reason. I missed it as a whole, its part of me although i'm packing my bags and running away from it the first chance I get it will always been in my heart and in some way reflect in my writings.
Keegan D'souza

[send message][befriend]Subscribe
 

I see. I couldn't imagine leaving USA. I don't like OK which I'm currently located in, but USA is the country for me.

Do you have any advice for the writers reading this?


Morte

[send message][befriend]Subscribe
 

If you're new and young and good looking like me, hah I joke about that last part, but yeah for someone new branching out into writing, you might tend to get over it fast or give up easy. Don't give up keep writing no matter what reviews you get, how people criticize it, whether positive or negative everyone's thoughts are unique and ideas special in their own right. If you have a plot in your head don't wait to see how it plays out till the end. Write it down and then allow yourself to play with multiple endings and twists. Also I'm under the impression that chicks dig writers, hopefully that works out for me as well. "Smiles"

Keegan D'souza
[send message][befriend]Subscribe
 

Thank you, Keegan. I gave you a decision to talk with me, or not to, and I'm very greatful you decided to join us this evening. Have fun, and be lively. May not be too hard for ya with all the pretty faces ;) Have a goodnight, and a legendery future as a fellow writer

Morte

[send message][befriend]Subscribe
 

Its be an honored and may I say you conducted this interview in a very professional at the same time friendly manner. I'm sincerely humbled that you picked me as one of your interviewees and I hope to learn and grow and become as talented as you some day in my own unique way of course. Have a goodnight, and I know a marvelous future awaits you. I'm pretty sure the first book I read would be yours. "fingers crossed"
 
Keegan D'souza


© 2012 David the writer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This seems like a nice guy, and I'd love to get to know him and read some of his works. :3

Posted 10 Years Ago


I've read Keegan before. He's a great writer, and I'm glad to have gotten insight on his writing. He has good advice, and, I'd have to agree, chicks dig writers :) lol great interview monte. You're very professional

Posted 11 Years Ago


David the writer

11 Years Ago

Thank you, I try my best :)

And I love his writings that I've read, I would read more b.. read more
Lina Grey

11 Years Ago

That's understandable. Welcome hun :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

574 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 31, 2012
Last Updated on December 31, 2012


Author

David the writer
David the writer

OK



About
My profile was rated This Page is Rated PG-13 www.writerscafe.org/David_ Lets101 Quizzes - Online Quizzes Welcome to my profile! Get your groceries, and get out! Hey guys! So, I'm not o.. more..

Writing