My Way Back To You

My Way Back To You

A Poem by De Hoyos

Taking for granted the love she had for me. Having the utterly idea that she would never walk away. I realized I was losing myself in the comfort of where we were. In the comfort that I didn’t need to try as hard anymore..And as a result, it was affecting us more than anything. My worst mistake by far was letting her walk away knowing I shouldn’t have stopped trying. Our flame was slowly disappearing turning into thin smoke because I was so blinded that everything was perfect when in reality she was suffering in silence. We were so perfect together, that I truly still think that we are even if we didn’t work out. I let her walk away, just seeing her fade away from my life completely is something I never thought I would live through. She couldn’t rely on me anymore, because I was too stubborn and selfish to see that it was all going down hill and I realized it too late. For the past few weeks, she felt all alone, alone to where she did not feel safe with me anymore and it broke her into pieces. Pieces everywhere all scattered on the ground that I got on my knees trying to pick them up but they were just as sharp as a knife, my hands were bleeding through the cuts and it was nearly impossible to fix her again. She did not want me to stitch her up this time, she wasn’t feeling the same as she was in the beginning and it was all because of my actions. I was slowly fading away from her future, not belonging in her sight anymore and it showed. I realized she deserved better..better than I ever treated her. But stubborn me couldn’t let her go so I tried grabbing her hands as she walked away but they were just slipping away as if it was butter in a knife not being able to grab her hand firmly and it was life telling me I messed up this time..there’s no going back. She had her eyes on the same path as always, just this time, not with me. The heart I was supposed to protect, broken more than anything because of me. Ironic how the people you love most, are the ones who hurt you the worst. Sad truth is, I was one of them. Grief was taking over me slowly. I couldn’t do anything but to just let it be. It was too late.

© 2022 De Hoyos


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on June 26, 2022
Last Updated on June 26, 2022

Author

De Hoyos
De Hoyos

TX



About
A love worth fighting for is a love worth risking everything❤🐢 more..

Writing