Chapter 4: Marcy's Wrath

Chapter 4: Marcy's Wrath

A Chapter by Dejavu1978
"

When Det.Jessie Sanchez goes undercover to take down a mob boss she finds her heart torn.She has to decide who's the real monster.A crime boss who treats her well or a husband she could never please.

"
 

"Alright, where is she?" Marcy said storming into Rick's office.

"Who?" Rick asked.

"Jessie. She left me at the store."

"She is in the conference room." he said laughing

Marcy stormed toward it intending on confronting Jessie but instead she stopped and turned around and sat down in Rick's office instead.

"Jessie talked to Gianetti already." she informed him.

"I already know. Jessie handled herself well, I thought." he said smirking. It was just like Marcy to tattle even though she was long out of grade school.

"She could have blown it already" Marcy said to him.

"But she didn't. She used her head. She is quick on her feet when situations arise.”

"You should have put me on this Rick. Jessie is too conservative for this. She will get herself killed."

"Why don't you leave the decisions to me." he said nodding toward the door. "I know a thing or two rather you believe it or not."

Marcy stormed out of Rick's office. She was even angrier at Jessie than before. In her mind the rookie had taken her assignment.

Marcy hated that Jessie had come to this unit of the FBI when she had been enjoying being the only woman on the team.

She blamed it on Josh and assumed that the only reason the woman had gotten hired onto the bureau because of who her husband was. Josh Sanchez had made a name for himself and always got his way around the office. Not to mention their boss had raised her as his own.

"You b***h!" Marcy yelled as she walked into the conference room.

Jessie was studying a stack of files. She was looking over the pictures of Gianetti with his former girlfriends. She was studying how they looked and presented themselves. She desperately tried to get some insight on what type of girl he liked.

"What?" Jessie said annoyed by Marcy's interruption.

"What? Are you kidding me? You ditched me at that nasty thrift store." she yelled.

"Oh, get over it Marcy." Jessie didn't look up from her work.. She could already tell Marcy would turn out to be her rival in the department. "I had to."

"Excuse me?"

"I couldn't go back in." she explained. "The cashier was obviously an informant for him. I took a big risk going back for my car."

"You think you are so smart don't you." Marcy said sneering at her. She leaned over the files that Jessie had been looking at. "Your playing with the big boys now little girl. This isn't like it was when you were working for P.D.. It's far more dangerous. You can get really hurt here."

"I'm not scared."

"You should be."

"I can handle myself."

"We will see. But don't get your hopes up on getting Dave Gianetti to notice you. You're not his type at all." With that she walked away.

Jessie looked back at the pictures and studied them closely. Maybe Marcy was right she thought. Gianetti's girlfriends were all beautiful and classy looking. She was going in as poor girl trying to make rent by dancing. It was a long shot.

She opened a file and began to read about his last girlfriend's background. She had been from a wealthy family from upstate New York. She had also been believed to belong to a crime family as well.

"How is the role I am playing going to get his attention." she said out loud.

"You're putting too much stock into those photos." Rick said. She hadn't heard him enter the room.

Jessie jumped. She had not seen him standing there. He tossed her a file.

"Being like those girls won't help you get on the inside. Being your self is what is going to get him to bring you in.”

“Ya, I'm sure Gianetti is just dreaming about hooking up with a rookie FBI agent.” she said sarcastically.

“what I mean is that you have that innocent and sweet personality. It comes natural to you and you won't have to fake it. Sarah was the same way. I know this operation is a risky one and it may or may not get us anywhere. But something in my heart tells me that it will work.”

' Why me?"

"Because you come from a different background from most all the other agents. Jessie, I know everything you have gone through. From your father's death to when you met and married Josh. I know the hard times you have fought through and shared your happiness with your triumphs. I know you got what it's going to take to throw Gianetti off his game.”

"Why is it I suddenly feel so used?" Jessie said sullenly.

“Your not being used. Your being given an opportunity..”

"Are you sure that that is what this guy looks for. I mean, come on boss, he has no problem killing. What does he care if his girl has been around before him?"

"This man is cold hearted. But where his love life is concerned he is vulnerable.”

Nothing that Rick said made her feel more confident about herself. She was still unsure that she could get close enough to gain his trust and get him to confide in her. Even then she doubted he would allow her be present during his illegal activities.

Rick began to walk out of the room. He began to second guess his own decision to send his God daughter into the line of fire.

"If he found out I was Josh's wife, what would he do?" Jessie asked him before he could get out the door. She already knew the answer but she had to hear it from Rick's own mouth. She needed to hear someone say it.

"He would kill you." he said confirming what she had thought. "Or worse, he would want you more because you belong to Josh"

"Do you really think that? That he would want me more." She asked. "Forgive me but that sounds absurd Uncle Rick” surely his vendetta against her husband wouldn't cause him to toy with her that way. “Is there more to this rivalry with Josh and Gianetti than I know?”

Rick looked at the floor. He knew he couldn't tell her everything. The look on his face told her all she needed to know.

"Why is everyone keeping this big secret surrounded Josh's undercover operation from me?” she demanded. “This job could get me killed I think I have a right to know why this man would take my life.”

"It would only cloud your judgment. Trust me." He said putting his hand on her shoulder. "I have known you since you were little And I have to say I regard you the same as I would if you were my own daughter. So trust me when I tell you that there are just some things you are better off never knowing because if any of us knew all the facts our lives would never be the same."

"Do you really think Josh is the right one to do surveillance on this?” Knowing this new information made her wonder if having her husband watching her every move was a good idea.

"Honestly." Rick paused and looked at her more seriously than she had ever seen him look at her before. "I think I am taking a big risk putting him on this. But I know that his obsession with this man means that he will not overlook one single detail and that is what makes him the best to have covering your back.”

She left work early that day. It would be her last night in her own home with her family and she had no idea when she would be able to return. It was hard for her to look around her home and imagine being able to come home to it.

"Jessie, are you here?" Josh asked coming in the door. He had taken the rest of the day off for them to be together.

"Yeah, why are you home so early?" She asked him. She had hoped to practice dancing sexily in the mirror before trying for the job the next day. She had only done it a few times for Josh in the privacy of their bedroom before. Although Josh had loved it she had no faith that she would be good enough to land a job doing it.

"Oh, I don't know. I had a feeling you were going to practice for that audition and I thought you might like an audience." he said flashing her a grin. She blushed. He always could read her mind, even when she didn't want him to.

They shared a romantic meal together that night. But the fact that it would be their last meal together for a long time haunted them both and made it hard to enjoy. After they ate Jessie made good on her promise to dance for him. It had been along time since she had done it for him. He had gotten where he had wanted her to dance every night and she had felt like he couldn't make love to her unless she did, so she had stopped.

He watched her intently as she stood before him her black negligee

Jessie slid a CD in the CD player and pushed play. She skipped through the songs until she found one that always had made her feel like dancing seductively then took a deep breath. Even doing it for Josh made her nervous.

She began to sway her hips. She tried to close her eyes and imagine the room full of people, just as they would be in the club. The music played a slow sexy beat. The words clearly written for someone's lust of a beautiful woman. His longing for her. His need for her. But the words were intoxicatingly beautiful and erotic.

She unbuttoned the top button of her dress as she sexily spun around. When she turned back around she had exposed her black lace bra.

Jessie listened to the words and felt them in her soul. began to feel herself slip into a relaxed state of mind and she felt sexier than ever. She began to slip the soft satin down her shoulders as she danced seductively closer to her husband.

The song helped her forget where she was and that she was dancing for Josh. Josh watched her with his jaw wide open. He had never seen her so into the dance before. She had never been partial to dancing for him and he had had to beg her to do it for him to satisfy his own fantasies.

As he watched he couldn't help but think he was a fool for letting her go through with the audition and the assignment.

Jessie was now down to her panties and bra. She continued to dance slowly but seductively. Her eyes still closed.

For a reason she did not understand a picture of Gianetti entered her mind.

He sat where her husband sat in reality. With a solemn appreciative look on his face.

He looked at her with longing and she smiled to herself.

'I can do this.' She said to herself

before the song could play through it's last chorus Josh had lost all control over himself. He grabbed her and threw her onto the bed. He removed what little still covered her body and began to kiss her lips. Soft at first then parting her lips and sliding his tongue over them until it touched hers. He pressed his mouth harder and it almost hurt as he became uncontrollable. They shared the most erotic moment of their marriage and Josh fell asleep with a satisfied smile on his lips.

Jessie laid awake holding her arms tight around him with her head laid comfortably on his chest. She couldn't help wondering how this case was going to affect them and if the two of them would be the same after it was said and done.

But she was glad to have ended up with the extra time with Josh. She wondered how she would be able to go for months and maybe even years without his touch.

Jessie woke up before Josh the next morning. She slid out of bed careful not to wake him. She got dressed then stood over him and watched him sleeping for a moment. She closed her eyes wanting to burn his memory into her mind, hoping it would help her get through the time she had to spend getting close with his worst enemy.

She kissed his cheek "I love you, remember that." She whispered leaving her wedding rings by the bed. She knew she couldn't risk taking them. The inside of the band was inscribed 'forever in your heart, Josh.' As much as it hurt to leave them behind she knew it was for the best.

She then got her small bag containing her new identity and some tattered clothes, some from the thrift store and some old ones she worked in the yard in from her own closet, and she left her home and husband behind. The minute the door closed behind her she stepped into her new image, Jessie Lee Rosslin. The one she would eat, sleep and breathe until the day Dave Gianetti finally incriminated himself.



© 2010 Dejavu1978


Author's Note

Dejavu1978
Please review. What did you think about this chapter? I like to read feedback so please don't be shy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Holy Moses... I'm glued to the pages of your written novel. Sad I am - that there is no more to read. I can't wait to read more. Keep writing please.

Art

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 10, 2010
Last Updated on November 11, 2010
Tags: crime, love, romance, action, drama