Chapter 13: The Interrogaton

Chapter 13: The Interrogaton

A Chapter by Dejavu1978

 

Jessie walked into the office shortly after Josh had arrested and had driven off with Gianetti. Marcy giggled as she walked past her and she tried hard not to let it bother her. It was a well known fact that Marcy thrived off of others misfortunes. She kept her eyes forward until she reached Ricks office. She tapped on the glass lightly and he motioned for her to come in.

"Hey," he said in a fatherly manner. "It's great to have you back in the office again." he stood up and gave her a hug. "You ok?" he said seeing how sad she looked.

Jessie took a deep breath and then took a seat in the chair that sat in front of his desk. "Not really. I really messed this up." she said. Rick sat on the edge of his desk.

"You did good." he assured her. "You may not have gotten as close to Batista as we planned but you still go us a lot of information. And you weren't found out, and that is number one."

"I think it would be best if I returned to P.D." she said looking down at her lap.

"What? Why would you want to go back? I thought you hated investigating that tax fraud crap?"

"I'm just not cut out for this." she said. This case had been so hard on her marriage and her.

"Since you have been undercover we have learned that he owns De' Bris. We learned that he makes most of his deals and plans there. Also we now know that Spencer is only a front man and one of his henchmen and not just the owner of the club in which he visited often. So now we can follow him as well. Do you realize that since you have been undercover, there have been fewer drugs brought into the area?" Rick asked

"What does that have to do with me?"

"Hell," he said laughing. "We should keep you undercover just to control the frequency of what he brings in."

Jessie smiled. "It's just a coincidence I'm sure."

"Maybe. Or maybe he is sweet on you." he kidded. Jessie again blushed.

"You see. You did your job." He really wanted her to stay. He knew she was a great asset to have on his team.

"No, it's time to realize my limits. I am not my dad and I am not my husband. I don't belong here." she insisted. She thought about how hard it was going to be for her to work with Josh and how he had been while she had been undercover. It had been the main reason she wanted to give up her dream of being an FBI agent. If she stayed she would eventually go undercover again and she never wanted to experience what she had gone through with her husband again.

Jessie." he said kneeling down beside her and looking into her eyes. He could see they were tearing up. "You can't live in your dad's shadow. There is another reason why you want to leave isn't there?"

Jessie sniffed back her tears and looked up at the ceiling. "I overheard Josh. He slept with her didn't he?" she said looking at Rick.

"You found out about that huh?"

"Why didn't you tell me?" her voice cracked giving away the fact that she was on verge of tears.

"I wanted to protect you." he said. "You were so happy in your marriage with Josh. I didn't want to take that away from you."

"Oh come on Uncle Rick, you know we have been having problems. You should have told me. God,” she wiped away a stray tear. "The whole force knows, don't they?"

Rick looked down at the floor knowing that what she suspected was right.

"I'm so embarrassed. I feel like such a fool."

"Come on." he said. "I know what used to cheer me up after an undercover job." he took her hand and pulled her gently to her feet

"What's that?" she said drying her tears.

"Showing up in the interrogation room and letting the perp know I was a cop." It had always been his favorite part of the job and he missed it now that he was the chief and spent most of his time behind the desk.

"Gianetti's here?" she had thought they would have taken straight to lock up and let him sweat before questioning him.

"Josh is questioning him. “As the undercover agent it would be best if you were present. You may actually get more out of him."

"No, no." she said shaking her head. She wasn't ready to reveal herself to him. She still secretly harbored feelings for him and she wasn't ready to see the hurt look she knew he would have.

"Alright. You can watch everything from the two way in the room next door. Maybe after you watch him awhile you will have some questions of your own."

"I have nothing to ask him. I know I'll I need to know." Rick was disappointed but understood. He led her to the room.

Once inside the room Jessie couldn't help herself from walking up and standing close to the mirror. Josh was standing over the table yelling at Gianetti. Rick pressed a button and she began to hear the conversation.

"So, how is your sister, Dave?" Josh asked him sitting down across from him.

"Leave my sister out of this." He replied to him.

"But we can't. She is such a big part of it. She was a sweet one, a little naive but she could get a little wild when the “situation is right”

Gianetti stood up in his chair and lunged at Josh. Max and Chris ran in the room to restrain him but he was too strong for them. Josh picked up a baton that he had brought in with him from its place on the table. He quickly rounded the table and struck Gianetti's back with it making him whence in pain. Max kicked at the back of his knees giving him no choice but to sit back down in the chair.

Jessie gasped and covered her mouth with her hands. She didn't know why she had reacting the way she had when she had seen Gianetti being hurt.

"Now that's not nice." Josh said returning to his place in front of him. "Now, we know you were behind Jack's murder."

"You don't know anything. I'm going to have your badge this time Sanchez!" Gianetti spat at him.

"You think your so big and bad, Gianetti. Both we both know how much of a p***y you really are." he said getting in his face. "Maybe we need to bring Mickie in here." he said getting even closer. "Ya that's what we need."

"Shut up."

Gianetti was turning red from his anger. He knew that Sanchez was trying to make him loose it. Knowing if he did he would incriminate himself in some way.

"Ya I bet Mickie would love it. She would love to have me run my hands all over her. She would love to have me..." he went on with a smile.

Jessie couldn't believe what she was hearing. She had never heard Josh talk the way he was talking to Gianetti and it made her think differently about him.

"If you think my baby sister would let you in her bed again your crazy." Gianetti said looking away from Josh who was still inches from his face. He knew that if Josh succeeded and got him angry enough to strike him that he would have a reason to keep him in jail. He felt his hands shaking in anger and he was having a hard time controlling himself.

Mickie was the only family he had left and she had been hurt badly by Sanchez when he had used her. Gianetti couldn't help but think that Sanchez had gone too far when he had gone to bed with her. He knew that he had done it for his own pleasure because he could have gotten his information without manipulating her into being intimate with him. Mickie had always been a good girl and had planned to wait until marriage before she had sex.

Gianetti had done everything he could to make sure she did not lead the life he had. And it had been Josh that had pressured her until she finally gave in and slept with him.

"You forced her." he yelled. "She would have never been with you if you didn't."

"Well she did take a little persuading but she finally gave in." Sanchez said slyly. Jessie closed her eyes shook her head back and forth. "I guess she can forget about that white dress." Sanchez said standing back up and directing the comment to his team who both laughed.

Sanchez tried to ignore him. "What does my sister have to do with why I am here?" he finally said gathering his thoughts. "Charge me with something or let me go."

"Rick, can you just stop this? None of this has anything to do with the reason why they brought him in her.." Jessie said turning to him. She didn't want to hear it anymore.

"I can't Jess. I'm sorry. If this makes him break, then I have to allow it."

"Then I will." she said and walked swiftly from the room just as Rick had hoped she would. He held onto a small hope that Jessie's real identity would make him break. He hoped he would be caught off guard and disoriented enough to spill his guts to her.

Jessie lost her courage and stopped outside of the door to the interrogation room. She grabbed the door handle. She wanted to go in and tell Josh that it was enough. He was acting so unprofessional and that he needed to stick to questions pertaining to what he Dave had been arrested for. But she knew it would kill her to see Gianetti's hurt look and it would anger Josh even more to see that she cared for the man he wanted to take down. She let go of the door knob and stared at the door. She couldn't hurt him like that.

She left the office and got into her Jeep. The Duster she had used on the assignment had already been taken out of sight. She was happy she didn't have to look at the old clunker any longer. She was angry as she made her way to the house that she shared with her husband.

"Your going down for murder one this time Sanchez." Josh continued confidently. "You really messed up. We all know that you abducted him in the club. So why don't you tell us how he ended up being the victim of a drive by in the Taco Bell parking lot."

Gianetti grinned. He knew his henchmen had taken Swagger and dropped him off on the side of the road. They had given him just enough time to stumble into the parking lot and then they drove by the restaurant and fired a round from their automated weapons killing him. He smiled knowing that there was no way it could be traced to him regardless of what they thought they had. He knew that none of the people inside the restaurant could have seen who drove the car and the car its self would have been destroyed by then.

"I had nothing to do with it. Your boy left my club on his own and I have no idea where he went."

"That's bullshit." Josh screamed.

"I'm not saying another word with out my lawyer." he said with a smile and he crossed his arms over his chest and laid back against the chair, refusing to say another word.



© 2010 Dejavu1978


Author's Note

Dejavu1978
Please review.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on November 11, 2010
Last Updated on November 11, 2010