Not What it Seems

Not What it Seems

A Poem by Absentee Reality Check
"

a sort of rap I came up with while listening to rap and reading a sci-fi novel, ohh the twisted webs our deluded minds weave.

"

everything is not what it seems

this is not an American dream

it's an American hallucination

floatin' in the eyes of a drugged up mental patient

We ripped out the stitches

and we're bustin' at the seams

while the foundin' fathers cry

lady liberty screams

so believe me when I say

it's not all what it seems.

 

 

 

 

© 2009 Absentee Reality Check


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

For some reason when I was reading the submissions to my contest, it would not let me see this one. I tried soooo many times because I refused to not give it a fair chance along with the other entries. I also had a slight feeling that it might be something I would really want to see.
And I was right.
Someone was nice enough to send it to me in a message so I was able to read it and then decide the winners. And without a doubt, this was one of them.
At first I wasn't so happy because it's short, and I was looking for longer spoken word and slam poetry submissions. But I absolutely loved the content and views you expressed in it. So I thought about it for quite a while and decided that the length didn't matter because there is no set length and even if there was, your talent would overshadow it. So I definitely needed to assign an award for this.
Thank you very much for entering it in my contest. I enjoyed reading it each time I did. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This won a contest I created sometime ago called 'Life Is S**t and Then You Die'. It seems I never actually reviewed it. I can't understand that at all, since it is such a great piece of work. I write this as restitution for that inexplicable remissness.
Nothing to be done but to quote lines from this, but since they're all equally so fine that all I can do is to refer you to the poem as a whole and everything in it.
Very stylish, very cool, and very smart.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Profound!! Very good use of words,flows together wonderfully!! You have great talent :) Yes i know this all to well...lets just hope that good changes will come,and not to late!!!


Dana-

Posted 14 Years Ago


I know someone who thinks that way. Thinks the opposite of what others see. As you say it's not what it seems and it's true. Great writing!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I think this reflects how some people view the nation right now. Your message is cynical and, perhaps, pessimistic. Not that that's a bad thing. I like the flow of the poem too. It really had the 'rap' feel you were going for. Well written!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

404 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 20, 2009

Author

Absentee Reality Check
Absentee Reality Check

VA



About
MyMottos- how i live my life " The Bible Contains six admonismanet to homosexuals and three hundred and sixty-two admonisments to heterosexuals.That dosen't mean God dosen't love heterosexuals, he ju.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I Want I Want

A Poem by Manda