Trust Me

Trust Me

A Chapter by Summer D.
"

Another spin off of my series. Loosely based on an actual chapter; the first chapter to be honest.

"
Trust Me


The sound of running water jolted Leto from his sleep, as he ran a hand through his ragged, shaggy,  black hair that curled artfully over his eyes. She’s up? Already? Glancing at his crumpled black t-shirt and his equally disheveled jeans he assumed that she’d dragged him in. Swinging his feet off the couch Leto surged forward in a sort of drunken stagger; more than annoyed to find that the effects of the sedative still lingered in his body. How the hell did she recover faster than me? As he gripped a shaky hand on the rail of the stairway Leto struggled to make sense of his thoughts. He couldn’t make sense of the memories that churned by sluggishly. Why the�"

“ I just took a few key parts,” A soft voice sounded from behind him and Leto paused his accession on the staircase, “ Nothing too serious.” His eyebrows furrowed in surprise and he tilted his head back slightly before a grim smile crossed his lips, “ I should’ve imagined.” “ But you didn’t.” “ Grace.” There was a brief pause of silence before the female voice sighed in exasperation. “ Leto.” Turning his body sideways Leto glanced briefly at his childhood friend. She hadn’t changed much, aside from a much fuller frame, and her noticeably long hair. “ I thought you said you hated long hair.” “ That was then,” Swirling the glass of water she held between two fingers, “ This is now.” “ My memories?” “ Just needed to make sure.” Grace tilted her head back placing the glass to her thin pale lips. You still carry that notebook, after all this time? Leto thought bemusedly. “ I won’t even humor that thought.” Grace responded evenly; dangling her flats by the tip of her toes.

The sound of water stopped followed closely by the angry smack of a door flinging open violently. “ She seems angry.” “ I know. She wants to kill you, you know?” “ She’ll get over it.” Grace let out an airy giggle before dowsing the rest of her water in a single gulp.

�"�"�"�"�"�"�"�"�"�"�"�"

“ Sir!” A loud voice exclaimed loudly from behind Leto’s slumped figure. Lurching back quickly, Leto found himself face to face with the familiar eyes of Katelyn. Her amber eyes, still their brilliant color, flashed angrily at him as he struggled to recollect himself. She had swept her springs into a hasty made bun, the slight glare from her name tag poking angrily at his eyes. Katelyn. The printed letters seemed to call him and he blinked a few times to clear the haze that had settled on his mind.

“ Your order?” The teen pushed the plate she had placed on the table towards him offering him a skeptical glance. Something was wrong. Something was terribly wrong. Something big was about to happen. Turning his gaze to the busy streets Leto did a quick scan studying faces and the entry ways of buildings. Nothing unusual but he still couldn’t shake the feeling that he was missing something. Massaging his temples Leto gave a short grunt of acknowledgement before Katelyn backed away rolling her eyes in the process.  Then it came. The car. The sound of screeching wheels bounced through his head and Leto jumped from his seat abruptly. These people, Leto turned a small circle, They were all going to die.



© 2012 Summer D.


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Summer D.
A/N: Another spin-off my original series. Focusing, once more, on Leto and Katelyn. Also, in this piece, the relationship between Grace and Leto. I’ll be up late working some long over-due school work (just a few math quizzes) so I thought it wouldn’t hurt if I wrote some more too. I tried my best to portray their personalities in this short piece. The location they’re residing at is actually a part of my story; so that isn’t a work of “ fiction.” The irony, right? This scene is loosely based on a chapter from the actual story. Slight language.. not much. I also introduced another character– Grace. Ah, Grace. I’ll come back and edit this for description.. Dialogue only! Another drastically short piece.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm not really too confused, just a leeetle bit bedazzled. I'm wondering how old Leto is.... Older than Katelyn?
But anyways, great job Summer! Meanwhile, I'm sitting here in the dark corners of my house, trying to improve my writing styles while you guys will be becoming top-rated writers.
:) :) :) :) :) :)



Posted 12 Years Ago


i'm a bit confused but i love this piece!!!!!!


Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 13, 2012
Last Updated on February 13, 2012


Author

Summer D.
Summer D.

Deep Within My Thoughts, CA



About
I am here. more..

Writing