Love but Hate

Love but Hate

A Poem by Broken Desires

I love your hazelnut eyes. How they glisten in the light. I love that if I stare for too long it feels like I'm falling into you. I love when it wavers, when it glosses over when you're sad. 

But 

I hate how it turns shades when you're angry. I hate when their not looking at me, when their ashamed of me. I hate when their expressionless, when they have no answer. I hate when I want to fall yet they block me, they deny me. 

But

I love your lips. Their plump, tan, and smooth. Their comforting and delicious. They can spread ear to ear, showing off your wonderful smile. Their charming and whispers great stories. 

But

I hate when their rough, when you've bitten them from being too nervous. I hate when their bleeding, when their chapped. I hate when you grimace, when you frown at me. I'd rather you shake your fist in anger, then give me that displeasing look. 

But

I love your personality. It shines brighter than the sun and pulls everyone in. Your an extrovert with introvert tendencies. Your caring, sensual, and understanding. Your a leader even if you doubt yourself and aim to please anyone and everyone. 

But

I hate that you don't see this part of you. I hate that you doubt yourself. I hate that you throw yourself under the bus when it wasn't your fault. I hate how petty you can be. I hate how selfish you can be. You're dense, unbearable, undermining, and egotistical. 

But 

I love you all the same. 

© 2017 Broken Desires


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the set up of the poem, and I love the things you have described. The eye stanza really pops out at me, great description!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Broken Desires

6 Years Ago

Thank you!
This is a really good piece. The word choice is amazing as it helps the flow of the poem move, and the description is amazing. Keep going!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Broken Desires

6 Years Ago

Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 16, 2017
Last Updated on November 16, 2017