Self Asphyxiation

Self Asphyxiation

A Poem by Moonflower

I want to get higher

...Transcend...

 

And become

lighter

Morphing into a thing

completely seperate from

my self

 

...Release the I...

embrace the Am

Let go and watch

as I fall

into bedded clouds

of soft redemption

 

Puddles gleaming in the

muddy pallet

of my soft foot prints

As I dance

on the edge of

Resplendence

 

My eyes

open

Rest on vast rolling fields

And that independence

Flies out in all directions

...Cerulean and Melancholy...

Its all the same difference

 

So I breathe

in and out, in a pattern that

is no longer laced with doubt

My hearts beating

echoes with your voice

Embracing tones of the

melodies sinking in

and out

of my mind

As I lose IT.

 

 

Higher and Lower

sequences of empty and fuller

Sands of existence pouring

from my ladle

of exquisite suffering

In tune with the beats of

every thing and then

 

...nothing...

 

I become Higher

molding and impressing

and then decompressing

 

I...breathe.

© 2010 Moonflower


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This one is very different poem..
the way of expression is really good here..
this one is intense..
good work:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, this is amazing as well.
The theme is strange and so the odd formatting of this piece fits very well. I love the ebb and flow that is felt while reading this. The different ways of breathing.
Lovely!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is scary in a way, because of the almost peaceful lull... which constrasts strongly with the theme of self-asphyxiation. As I understand it is an addiction like cutting... a way of finding peace through pain, and pain becoming a type of thrill, a pleasure... or a way of finding peace. This certainly describes the feeling well, giving this an eerie tone... easily misunderstood...

Posted 13 Years Ago


This did not remind me of meditation at all- I have to agree with Pax.
Anywho- I think this was wonderfully written- I love the description and almost ethereal wording. Great tone.... it was peaceful and dangerous at the same time, which I think adequately fits the topic.

Nice write.

-Coral-

Posted 13 Years Ago


Whoa, nobody seems to get this. The epitome of dangerous edge re desire and altered state (R.I.P. David Carradine).

This poem is impressively lyrical and intrepid, and is one of the edges associated w/eroticism and altered states that seems to border on a kind of urban shamanism.

It's also dangerous w/too little reward. First, states, do not equal stages. Every rise without raising the developmental plateau is followed by a fall. Altered state adventures are variously windows open to heightened possibility, but not doors to step through. This where the entire enterprise of how creative intellectual rigor ties into Zen austerity becomes of the essence for real growth.

As one both familiar w/psychtropic altered states, austere straight satoris, and integral development, I grok the full range of the human adventure. I'm not averse to even dangerous edge pushing. I'd just like to see more plateau-raising, some permanent change.

"I want to get higher/...Transcend.../And become/lighter/Morphing into a thing/completely separate from/my self/...Release the I.../embrace the Am/Let go and watch/as I fall/into bedded clouds/of soft redemption"

Nothing is separate in the first place. My favorite satori was an extended flash while rock-hopping on the Kern River in California. Trees, sky, rocks, stream, sunlight, self all lost their boundaries in a bliss-oneness, triggered only by an inherent intuition, vital energy, and the randomness of it all. Transcendence is a singular domain inclusive of all else -- not something the provisional self does relative to a provisional something else.

Observing one's breath either sitting or moving, without further ado, is one way of aligning to this radical simplicity.

Posted 13 Years Ago


interesting... it remind me of meditation also.

Posted 13 Years Ago


The poem remind me of meditation. Breathing and calmness can bring peace to the mind and heart. I like this poem. Like a line from a Carlos Castaneda book in your words. A outstanding poem. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


Interesting poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Your images haunt me. I cant describe how I felt as I read.
This was just too intense. You write with such a gentle polished
touch...but your words are heavy.

Posted 13 Years Ago


That's a great poem!
Nice written!

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 15, 2010
Last Updated on September 4, 2010

Author

Moonflower
Moonflower

Louisville, KY



About
Hello :) My name is Desiree. What brings me to this website is my love for poetry and storytelling. At this time I consider myself more of a poet, than a writer or author. I do not have the pa.. more..

Writing
New New

A Poem by Moonflower


Sheets Sheets

A Poem by Moonflower



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Unstory Unstory

A Poem by Moonflower


Children Children

A Chapter by Lauren Beth