The Heroic Exploits of Detective Watts pt.1: From Hell

The Heroic Exploits of Detective Watts pt.1: From Hell

A Chapter by Detective Watts

Deep in the slums of Whitechapel, hidden by the dark and fog of the night, a menacing figure silently watched as Detective Watts and El Nacho began to unravel his horrific crime.

“Another murder” Watts said as he lit his pipe. “And yet again, Jack the Ripper has left us no witnesses or clues to his identity. Once more, a maniac has escaped the scene of his violent crime without arousing any suspicion. Therefore, logic dictates, he didn’t have far to run before stashing his bloodied clothes and weapons.”

“But senor” El Nacho replied. “These murders happened miles from one another. He can’t be using the same safe house each time can he?”

There is” Watts continued “one place he had access to at every murder.”

“Of course!” El Nacho joyfully exclaimed “He’s been fleeing into the sewers!”

“Within his own shoes” The Detective corrected.

“I knew it! We’ll round up all the shoe makers in the area. Only someone with their level of expertise could manage such a feat.”

“No need” The Detective replied as he pulled his trusty pistol from its holster. “He should be behind me right… NOW!”

Watts turned and fires, knocking The Rippers dagger from his hand.

“Jack the Ripper” he said “I hereby place you under arrest in the name of the British Empire!”

“Curses!” The Ripper cursed “My villainous crime spree, ended by something as simple as a super genius Detective whose job it is to solve crimes. How ironic.”

“Indeed senor” El Nacho said as he placed a pair of handcuffs on the Ripper. “Fate has a way of playing cruel tricks on us.”

 

Little did the valiant Latino know, fate was soon to play a crueller trick on him and Watts. Beyond the Moon, the Invaders, using their incredible technology; atomically altered the fabric of The Rippers handcuffs, tearing them in two. Silently, The Ripper grabbed hold of Detective Watts trusty pistol, took aim and fired, ending his life; before turning it on El Nacho.

 

El Nacho leapt to the side and threw a razor sharp burrito at The Ripper, cutting the pistol in half but, before he could stop him, The Ripper escaped into the shadows of the night; leaving El Nacho to mourn his fallen friend.



© 2011 Detective Watts


Author's Note

Detective Watts
If you started reading from this chapter it means you missed the prologue. Silly you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Razor burrito!!! Oh man! Love it!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
1 Review
Added on April 3, 2011
Last Updated on April 3, 2011


Author

Detective Watts
Detective Watts

Wollongong, NSW, Australia



About
I can now be found -------------------------------------------------------------- http://www.writerscafe.org/Lincoln%20Bey -------------------------------------------------------------- ^^^^.. more..

Writing