Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Daniel Rodriguez
"

An unnamed space vessel is under attack, can the crew get away?

"
Far and away from the planet Osiris, the Jefferson, a massive Starship with the League of Planets came out of its Faster Than Light transit and fell upon its prey.

The Jefferson was named after one of the oldest ruling families in the League. They had spent a mass fortune thousands of years ago building one ship. This was the result, a hulking monstrosity of pure mass, fire power, and the second fastest engines in the known universe.

The ship it was tailing, was faster.

The Jefferson upon catching up with the team of theives that dared steal the vessil from lock up had left a giant gaping hole in the primary engine of the smaller, sleaker vessil.

It was a ship with no name, no known history and it was carrying secret cargo.

“Captain, whats the plan?” Enzo, blue haired from the radiation of his home planet and youngest member of the unnamed vessil looked to the leader.

Captain Adrian Wilcox walked out, slender, tall, leader of the so called theives. He had black hair that seemed to pull forward and gravitate a litte up at the end. His eyes were dark and piercing and he was the eldest of them, though a couple years shy of being considered an adult.

The view screen showed all the shots the Jefferson was trying to rip them apart with flooding every inch of view. He had to have faith in Tsao, the short and stubby one with a giant grin as he continued to press buttons on the control panel with his left hand, and with his right moved a joystick controlling the dodgy ship.

The no named vessel bucked left and right, up down, forwarnd and back to avoid the hail of neverending fire. It was a losing battle.

“We will take that ship!” Captain Amell Jefferson yelled at her minions. “We will not let them get away. Our pride is on the line and when the pride of the Jefferson is at stake, we will not fail. Victory Always!”

“Victory Always!” Her minions rose in unison.

“Their main engine is gone, their secondary is leaking. Permision to ask for their surrender?”

“Granted, but make them know we will blow them up if they try anything.”

On the unnamed vessel, Adrian heard a beeping noise. “Looks like they are going to congratulate us on dying. Should I answer it?”

“Well my wrists are hurting see what they want.” Tsao cringed at the thought of the toll the last three hours of running had given them.

“Alright, lets put them through.”

Shiva, a tall slender girl, brown skin with blond hair looked at Adrian if he was serious. He nedded to her and Shiva flipped the comunication switch to open receiving. She then looked to the incoming channel and put them through.

Captain Amell Jefferson’s image appeared in three demensions in the middle of the room. The “space pirate crew” froze in terror.

“To the unnamed vessil and its unlawful crew.  We hereby propose a cease in the hostilities.”

“Whats the catch?” Adrian looked at his rival.

“That is simple, your surrender. You give us the ship and its cargo.”

“We are unaware of any cargo the ship holds.” Adrian stood firm, trying to pass off as respectable. To the crew of the Jefferson he was an classless brat who belonged in jail.

“You stole something that does not belong to you. Give us the ship, and its cargo intact and surrender. Very simple.”

“This ship was left for dead. You clearly don’t need it.”

“That ship is…” the lady captain’s image began to distort. Time stopped.

“Don’t do it.” The voice was soft and pure, no ill intent at all. It just stated the order as if it were fact. “Do not give the ship to them.”

Adrian blinked and saw that no one around was moving. Time had froze and he turned around. Behind him was a boy younger than he but not by much. His hair was parted down the middle to the sides. His face held a touch of femininity and looked like it never understood the prospect of facial hair. Dirty blonde, glowing yellow eyes, he made eye contact with the makeshift captain.

“Who are you?”

“Do not give me up to them. They will kill you and they will kill your friends.”

Adrian looked shocked.

“I have a solution,” The angelic like figure spoke.

“And that is?”

“Press that button.”

On the main console standing in front of Adrian, a random light began to glow blindingly.

“Press the button, and all will live, for now.”

Three small space jets left the Jefferson and flew in formation towards the unmoving stranded vessel. The lady Captain enjoyed what she thought was a cat playing with it’s soon to be dead prey. She watched intently as the three little ships came to the immovable object.

However when they had finished surrounded the dead ship, all the systems had turned on from what should have been a fangless opponent. The Unnamed vessel began to have a giant crack flow down the mid section.

“NO!” Captain Amell yelled. She knew too well what this function was. The mission was to grab the ship in one piece and to lay claim to Pandora’s Box. It was as if this small group of theives knew the cargo was more valuable than they were and her fears were confirmed.

Upon seperation of the bulk from the main bridge, the ship had become two. A shield formed around the bridge, hanger and weapons bay, while the cargo hold and engines became the other part of the now separate ship.

The main vessil, grew wings like a bug shedding its cocoon. Each had a smaller engin and with a bright light, it and its crew left the area to space unknown.

The Jefferson stood dumbfounded as it focused on its main mission, the cargo bay. However a shockwave instantly disabled all systems of the Jefferson and Captain Amell could only watch as her target, nothing more than a bright light orb shoot out of the hull and into space equally unknown.

“What do we do?”

“Get power back up,” she said to her minions.

“I can get us to go after the thieves’ signature and we can head them off.”

“No. I want a course for where that ball of light headed.”
“The ball of light, but…”

“The empire rests on that.”


Ikari, tired, cold, hungry, looked listlessly at the night sky. A bright ball of light flashed across the light and seemed to fall to the horizon, towards the desert beyond.

He swore he heard a voice. “Come and find me.”



© 2017 Daniel Rodriguez


Author's Note

Daniel Rodriguez
Thoughts? Suggestions?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on March 3, 2017
Last Updated on March 3, 2017
Tags: space, sci-fi, young adult, adventure


Author

Daniel Rodriguez
Daniel Rodriguez

Phoenix, AZ



About
Hello, my name is Daniel Antonio Rodriguez and I am a wannabe writer. I am 27 years old and have been actively writing for the past 12-13 years. I enjoy writing scripts and breaking out into niche gen.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Daniel Rodriguez