Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Dexterous Monkey
"

There's a space between just under the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges which holds a poorly-guarded-secret culture.

"
There's a space between just under the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges which holds a poorly-guarded-secret culture. The entrance, or exit (depending on how you approach it), is located in Brooklyn, at the base of the older bridge (the Brooklyn Bridge, that is), just along the water's edge of the Sound River. The exit, or entrance (depending on how you look at it), lies at the opening of the Manhattan Bridge, wedged between the columns of the colonnade found at the Grand Arch. This area, to not only it's inhabitants, frequent visitors, and the locals, is known as DUMBO. And within it holds one of New York's...grittierfaerie hubs.

DUMBO is where young Julianna accidentally finds herself one night, with no recollection of how she got there, little idea of how she would get out, and only the most basic knowledge of faerie-lore to keep her safe.


© 2013 Dexterous Monkey


Author's Note

Dexterous Monkey
Thanks for reading. Feedback is always welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on November 19, 2013
Last Updated on November 19, 2013
Tags: DUMBO, Brookln, Down, fantasy, fairy, faery, fairies, faeries, fae