Dying Down

Dying Down

A Story by Evelyn

 

     He leaves a rose with a note sitting on the kitchen table. She opens it up and that’s when the tears won’t stop. He says that he has been seeing someone else for a week, and this girl will give him anything that he wants, and he’s finally got what he wanted. She dropped to the ground in slow motion and everything around her seems to turn to gray. She held the rose so close as if she had him in her arms again, as if it actually had some kind of meaning. She sits there for hours thinking about all the amazing times they had together, but as her mind comes back to reality she realizes that he’s’ not coming back. The flame that was once alive and burning within her is now dying down every moment that he is gone.

© 2011 Evelyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ju
i'd be interested to know what it is the other woman offers, that she can't. (just one week- he can tell?) the "why" could be a twist in the story, or a sting in the tail. i was waiting for some form of a conclusion but it didn't happen. it has a bitter/romantic taste i like- but felt just a bit hollow.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Added on April 16, 2011
Last Updated on April 16, 2011

Author

Evelyn
Evelyn

Madison, ME



About
I am down to earth, and shy. I someday want to become a writer. So i want to get some feed back on my work, so please comment and give me some ideas and let me know what you think. more..

Writing
Revenge Revenge

A Story by Evelyn


True Beauty True Beauty

A Story by Evelyn


My Everything My Everything

A Story by Evelyn