Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Miss Evans

In all my days of wandering, I had never made my way to London. It had always been an aspiration of mine, growing up in America tended to have that sort of affect on a girl. All the actors with their fancy accents, and the beautiful landscaping, the royalty�"it was a fairytale on earth, really. At least in the pictures, it seemed to be a fairytale, and yet here I was.

The sun may not have shone very bright in England, but the varying shades of green that covered the pastures made up for that, in my book. I hadn’t planned on really staying in the countryside long, I was only using this as a through-way to London, but the idyllic villages and old buildings caught my eye. The bus I was on was taking me from Greenwich to London, but I had half a mind to hop off right here.

Slowly, the green pastures turned into buildings and sidewalks, I knew there were at least two stops on this bus route, but I was a little disappointed they’d come up so soon.

“If you’re transferring to the Gravesend bus, you might wanna get off here.” The woman next to me advised; we hadn’t really spoken much the most of the ride. She looked quite important, with her pointy nose and fancy scarf, but her voice was kind.

The bus came to a squealing halt, and I grabbed my suitcases and made my way off. The Jubilee Line, as it were, was supposed to be about two minutes away from where I was standing. Trouble was, I didn’t really check to see in which direction that would have been, and so I took my chances with following a small crowd that had come off of the bus with me. The Jubilee Line was a subway, apparently, that ran from North Greenwich to Waterloo. Cross a few bridges and London here I come.


© 2012 Miss Evans


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

:) I like this introductary chapter...write more!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
1 Review
Added on April 16, 2012
Last Updated on April 16, 2012
Tags: Chapter, Romance, London