War of Kings - Chapter 1- The Phoenix Reborn

War of Kings - Chapter 1- The Phoenix Reborn

A Chapter by T.Kelsey
"

When it dies, the Phoenix is simply reborn from the ashes.

"
Chapter 1
The Phoenix Reborn
Ten years past after the land of Goria became the dominion of the undead and in the Land of Brymir across the black sea, in the town of Taren a young orphan boy by the name of Jaime was in the Elder Wood practicing sword fighting with his Elven friend Galewind.
“Take that and that” Shouted Jaime, skillfully parrying Galewinds wooden sword and bringing his own down onto Galewind’s shoulder, sending him to his knees.
“You have a natural talent little Phoenix” Said Galewind gasping for breath
“And you’re supposed to be teaching me how to fight Master Gale” Said Jaime cheekily as he helped Galewind to his feet
“That I am little Phoenix, that I am” Galewind regained his balance “Walk with me Jaime”
Jaime respected Galewind; he was old, wise and an outcast like him. Galewind had taken him in from a baby and was like a father to him.
“Jaime, I know you have been striving to know the truth of your family and I think that tomorrow when your fifteen you deserve to know the truth” Galewind looked around worriedly and started to whisper “But I must warn you, that what I tell you may be upsetting and I ask you to not go looking for vengeance…, Now how about we head back and I cook you a nice Mammoth steak”
When Jaime and Galewind returned back to Taren, Jaime could tell there was something different about Galewind, he seemed scared and worried, which was rare for Galewind as he was usually a happy and fun, but very strict when it came to training. But Galewind didn’t seem himself that night, he kept looking out the window as if he was expecting someone but no one came. After Jaime had finished his steak, he went upstairs into his room and then as he fell into a deep sleep there was a knock on the door…


© 2013 T.Kelsey


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)

Author's Note

T.Kelsey
So you enjoy it? Well you should review and comment on what you liked and disliked :) Any ideas on who this mysterious person(s) should be? So many mysteries :) I cant wait to reveal.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow this was short

Posted 11 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

T.Kelsey

11 Years Ago

It is I know, this is only a short story. But at the minute I'm introducing the characters one by on.. read more
Jamal

11 Years Ago

cool. by the way can you check out my novel, i don't remember if i asked you but if i didn't i am no.. read more
Jamal

11 Years Ago

thanks

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
1 Review
Added on March 5, 2013
Last Updated on March 5, 2013


Author

T.Kelsey
T.Kelsey

United Kingdom



About
Im a 14 year old, amateur writer who is currently studying for my GCSE's and am writing my first story in my spare time, as well as band practise, Tae-Kwon-Do and Guitar lessons :D I enjoy the fantasy.. more..

Writing