Adventuresome

Adventuresome

A Chapter by Some Random Person.

When Haylee and Elizabeth finished walking, they came back to the dirt hill. Elijah was still there. When they arrived, they started talking about random things, but Elijah and Elizabeth had still been having a secret conversation in their heads. They'd figured out that they could talk to each other nonverbally. 

 

What do you mean Haylee's saying that I'm acting weird? I'm acting the way I've been acting!

Thought Elijah to Elizabeth.

 

"All I'm saying is that you're acting weird, Elijah!" Haylee said out loud.

 

I don't know. She just told me that on our walk. She's really getting annoyed. 

 

So what? She should be annoyed! 

 

She's your sister. I don't care if you tell your friends at school or not, but at least tell your family. 

 

No! I mean, she won’t believe me!

 

She might, you have to try.

 

You always say that!

 

I say that because it's true!

 

Fine! I'm still not telling her.

 

Why not? If you don't tell her, how do you think she'll tell you things you want to know?

 

Good point, but this is personal. You're the only one who knows about what happened. 

 

And why's that?

 

Because I lo- I mean, trust you. You know that it's true, and you'll keep it to yourself.

 

That doesn't mean that you shouldn't tell your parents.

 

Fine, I'll tell them, but not her!

 

Tell her, she's your family, she should know.

 

"Hello guys, are you even listening to me?" Haylee's voice sounded annoyed. Understandably annoyed.

 

"Yeah, Haylee. I'm listening to you, but I don't know about Nate." Elizabeth replied.

 

"So what if Nate listens to me? I meant you and Elijah, Elizabeth."

 

"What about?"

 

"Remember? Why are you acting so weirdly lately, Elijah?" Haylee inquired.

 

What did you tell her on your walk?

 

Nothing, when she asked me, I told her I didn't know anything.

 

Then why is she so actively inquiring me about this?

Probably because she wants to know.

 

I got that point already. 

 

Then why don't you tell her?

 

Because she blurts out everything she hears.

 

Can she keep secrets?

No. Well, maybe. If it's about her.

 

Then... I don't know; just ask her to keep it a secret!

 

I can't. She'll tell it. She always does.

 

Almost always or always?

 

Always. You know that as well.

 

You're right, I do know that. But she should know. She's your sister.

 

Why can't you get the fact that I'm not telling her because she blurts out things that need to be a secret.

 

"Elijah! Are you listening to me?" Haylee said even louder than before, interrupting our silent conversation.

 

"No, now go away!" Elijah yelled at her, angrily.

 

"Not until you tell me!"

 

"Go! NOW!"

 

"Fine!" Then Haylee left, crying to her mother.

 

"You shouldn't have yelled at her." Elizabeth told him.

 

"I know. She was getting heavy on my last nerve."

 

"You should still tell her. You realize that I'm not going to stop bugging you until you tell he, right?"

 

"Yeah. I know that." Elijah got up suddenly and threw a giant rock down through the forest. His strength multiplied, apparently.

 

This is only the beginning, Elijah.

 

I know, Elizabeth. Stop telling me that. I know it.

 

Fine, Elijah.

 

Thank you. Can we talk about something else now?

 

"What do you want to talk about, then?" Elizabeth asked him, knowing that he didn't know.

 

"Uh... Fine! Why does Haylee want to know so badly?" 

 

"I'm not sure I'm the best person to tell you why."

 

"What do ya mean? Of course you are."

 

"Well..." She thought for a second. Then sent to him nonverbally, if you want to know so badly, ask her yourself. 

 

"Why? And please, quit doing that unless we're around some people."

 

We are, Elijah. Look behind you.

 

"Uh..." He sniffed the air. Someone definitely was here.

 

Fine. You win. Happy?

 

Not quite. Tell her. Now.

 

No! She won't understand! Now more rustling in the leaves of the forest behind him. Then he noticed that it was noon, time for lunch. He sure was hungry.

 

I'm hungry too. Let's go and get ourselves something to eat. 

 

Fine. I'm still not going to tell her. 

 

Whatever. I wish you would. Then they left, to go to their separate houses and eat. Elijah ate silently at the table with his siblings. No one talked, not even Nate.

 

At Elizabeth's house, they were full of conversation. Jomama was cooking hamburgers on the small kitchen grill while Elizabeth was slicing some tomatoes. Grandfarter was at their glass table watching TV (or was it listening?) and reading the Sunday Paper. 

 

"Hey Grandfarter, what's on the news today?"

 

"Lizzie, there was a large break in at the bank. Our bank. I hope that they're alright."

 

"Yikes! What did they steal?"

 

"A couple of lives, $2,000 dollars in cash."

 

"How many died?"

"As of now, 5." Then the food was ready and they sat at their glass table and began to eat their soft crusted, juicy with tomatoes and avocados hamburger. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

When they got out of lunch and met each other, Haylee was talking to her brother again.

 

What did you say to her?

 

Nothing. She thinks that if she's all nice, then I'll give in and tell her. That's not going to work though.

 

No, it's not.

 

Yeah... Wait, how do you know that it's not going to work?

 

Because it never works on you. Trust me, I've tried it.

 

When? Where? How? Why?

A time you don't need to know, here, again, you don't need to know the others.

 

Tell me!

 

Not until you tell Haylee. 

 

You set this up, didn't you?

 

No, but I'm glad it happened the way it did.

 

Ugh! You're impossible! Can we get through a conversation now that doesn't involve me telling them?

 

Nope. And she smiled half-heartedly at him.

 

Was that a clue? What are you doing?

 

Messing around. So... 

 

Nate! He's hurt! Somewhere, I don't know how or why, but I know.

 

You can sense pain, it's one of the qualities of a dog, and therefore, one a werewolf has. 

 

This is going to take some consideration. 

 

Do you know where he's at?

 

No. Wait. I do, he's at Baseball practice.

 

Maybe he fell hard?

 

No, this isn't the kind of pain that's normal. Maybe Mom took him down Beethoven Ave.! He thought back to his own experience down that ally, and wasn't happy. He tried to ignore the growing feeling that Nate's lost, gone, hurt.

 

They went to their houses after several hours arguing about Elijah telling Haylee his secret. As of now, only Elizabeth knew about it, and that’s the way he wanted it to stay. She, on the other hand, didn’t want to keep Haylee wondering what was going on with her brother.

 

“No, still not telling.” His parting was saddening Elizabeth.

 

Fine, but you’ll regret it. Elizabeth thought back.

 

“Maybe. Please quit doing that.” Elijah hated that she could read his mind. There were some things, some feelings in it about her that he didn’t want her to know.

 

No. Get used to it. She loved it.

 

Fine! He left and went to his house, and she went to hers. Elijah went straight to his room, knowing that they were still going to ask him. He tried to fall asleep, but found it impossible. He finally gave up and walked to the TV room where his family sat watching Wipe Out. When they saw him, they all said hi, hoping he’d tell what was on his mind. No such luck for them. Elijah wasn’t going to share. Not yet, not ever. (Probably)

 

Elizabeth, on the other hand, sat down and watched her favorite TV show as soon as she came in. By the time it was midnight, Elizabeth still was at the TV. Her Grandfather woke up to the sound of a gun firing on TV.

 

“Elizabeth, you should be in bed.” Only he and her grandmother didn’t know about her being a werewolf. They’d have a heart attack if she told them.

 

“Yes, Grandfather,” Elizabeth replied, pretending to be sleepy. “I’m tired anyways.”

 

“Night” Her grandfather told her as she swiftly brisked away to her room. When she opened the white door, she screamed. Someone, or something, was in her boring, old bedroom.

--*--

At Elijah’s house, something wrong happened. When Elijah’s mom returned, no one was with her, and she was crying her eyes out. Elijah’s only feeling was right, and he hated it. “Mom, what happened? Why are you crying?” He was very worried now.

 

“I don’t know, but I do know that we won’t be seing Nathan again, for a long time at least.” She replied.

 

--~*@*~--

 

When I opened the door to my room, I automatically screamed when I saw who, or should I say what, was on my bed. I hadn’t seen anything like it in all my years.

The thing on my bed was maybe 7 feet tall, hairy all over (brown hair-in places you don’t want hair on too!) and, God he smelled! He smelled like chicken gas in a muddy hole! It was the most terrible part, he smelled like a chicken farm and a pig farm put together. He had a human figure despite his… appearance. Then he spoke to me.

 

“Hello, my name is Gertinald. I am the one who turned you into a werewolf. Don’t tell your friend I’m talking to you.”His last sentence sacred me. Why shouldn’t I tell him? “Because it’ll tear him up.” He said that like Elijah was a tiny paper toy, which he definitely isn’t.

 

“Fine. What are you doing in my bedroom?’ I had to bite my tongue from cussing and cursing. Damn, it was hard.

 

To tell you about Nathan Hawks. He replied in my mind. Why?

What happened to Nate? I asked curiously to Gertinald. Oh great, He may answer horridly.

 

Nathan was attacked by another werewolf at the baseball practice. He’s been missing ever since then. Oh God, I should’ve listened to Elijah. He’ll be heartbroken when he finds out what happened. Poor Nate is either a werewolf or dead. Dead? No, he can’t be dead, he’d live, just like I did, and Elijah did, right?

 

Elizabeth, there’s no need to worry, Elijah knows. His mother came home crying. He doesn’t know the details. Nathan is alive, but barely. He needs your help. I would’ve talked to Elijah, but he’s in no fit state to do what must done. Nathan is on the verge of death, only you can save him. Whoa, a lot to think about, eh?

            __~*@*~__

 

“Alright, what do you want me to do to help him?” I asked the werewolf.

 

Come with me, alone. He replied back in mind-talk. I guessed he meant that I couldn’t tell Elijah. It killed me. Don’t even try to contact him. Ugh! I really should. I mean, it’s his brother! He’ll panic, don’t tell him.

 

“Fine, I’m coming. Where are we going?” I was wondering greatly. Wait, Elijah said that he turned on Beethoven Avenue. Is that where Nate is? Yes, Gertinald replied to my great sadness. I don’t want to go down there again, and I’m sure that Elijah doesn’t either.

 

I understand why you don’t want to go there, but think about Nathan. The werewolf told me.

 

I know, I know! I’m coming, alright? I sent back to him, annoyed, then got a blanket, a knife, and my shoes on, and set out through my bedroom window. I sent a message to Elijah to come out, but he never replied. I ran to Central Street then changed so that I could run faster, and before I knew it, I was on the Avenue of Scary.

 

I walked down it, but changed out of my change quickly. I didn’t want to be known here with the were-thing. I walked down, and approached the darkest alley. Voices kept telling me to stay away, but Gertinald told me to go on down the alley. Was it a trap? Maybe Gertinald was the one who kills or turns innocent children, like Greyback in Harry Potter. Maybe he was going to trick me then have a friend hurt Elijah or kill his family? Maybe my family?

 

--*--

 

At midnight, I got Elizabeth’s silent message. She told me it was urgent, and I needed to come to Beethoven Avenue. At first I thought nothing of it, but then I remembered that that place was where I turned. She knows about Nathan being missing, she’d also said not to be very visible.

 

I sent back to her, K. Coming. What is so urgent on Beethoven Avenue? She never replied. I thought she might not have received it. As soon as everyone was asleep, I crept out of the door and slipped away. I ran to Central St. then changed forms to run faster. It was almost 1:10 a.m. when I finally got there. I looked up and down the strange street then walked into the bushes on a dark alley. Then a couple of minutes later, I saw Elizabeth with something else. Who was that guy, and why is he with her? Then I sent her a message. Who is that? Why are you-I here? What is it? Maybe our nonverbal conversations were being blocked. Maybe that guy was listening on, that creep. I want to hurt him, but I can’t. I have to stay hidden and try to alert Elizabeth another way. A way without him noticing, peering into our lives.



© 2011 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
I'm combining chapters. I think this has chapters 10-15 in it... But I don't know for sure...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 15, 2011
Last Updated on September 15, 2011


Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing