I'm Selfish

I'm Selfish

A Story by Donna
"

I realized something yesterday.

"

     Something happened to me yesterday that I want to share with everyone. I was at the vet picking up medication for my dog. I had to wait awhile, so I sat down and talked with the doctor.


     Let me go back 9 months ago, my dog is my world, I have had her for 11 wonderful years. She was diagnosed with Cancer. I thought my life was over when I heard that. She was given 4-6 weeks to live. The past 9 months, she has been fine, no symptoms at all.


     So here we are, 9 months later and now my dog is showing symptoms and she is not doing very well. I am sitting with the doctor and I told her, "I just want what is best for my dog, I don't want her in pain."


     When I was driving home, I thought about what I said. I have been so selfish! How am I going to live without her? It is always, me, me, me. It is not about me. It's what is best for my dog.


     Then I thought back and I see how selfish I have been my whole life, it's like something hit me to make me realize this. I can't explain the way I feel now, but it is a good feeling. I know it will be hard to lose my dog, but she has had a great and happy life.


     I know that I will get through this now, and she will be ok, and so will I. Whatever happened to me in the vets office, I'm glad it did.

THE END

© 2018 Donna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yes, you are human. Who wants to let anything beloved go? None of us, really. It requires acceptance and I think that's what you found. I think your dog has had a wonderful life, living with you.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Donna

5 Years Ago

I thank you so much for your kind words. They mean so much to me.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

944 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 12, 2018
Last Updated on July 12, 2018

Author

Donna
Donna

San Jose, CA



About
Hi, I am Donna from San Jose California. I enjoy reading and writing. If you do stop by and take the time to read some of my poems/Stories, please leave a review or comment. I would appreciate it, a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Just my Opinion Just my Opinion

A Story by Donna