Chapter 1: Impact

Chapter 1: Impact

A Chapter by DragonJJ
"

Chapter 1 in the Gob Book.

"

Everyone knew what was going on, after World War two we all knew everything was going to fail. I was born 2045, much after the War, but, like everyone, I was still feeling the effect of it. After the division of the United States into 13 "commonwealths," the government called it, just tore us apart even more. In 2052, when i was only seven years old, there was a new war. Europe attacked the Middle east after the major depletion of Petroleum Oils. Due to the war the entire world suffered from extremely high prices, after words the United States severely annexed Canada. Only 11 years ago when i was 21 the Chinese attacked Alaska for supplies. But now in 2077, all Hell broke loose. Leaving everyone in fire. Everyone knew what was going on and what would happen. We watched the commercials, and read the newspaper, but we never did anything. My family and I where not safe. I was driving home from my job at the D.C. HIstory Museum when it hit. All i could see through my wind shield was a bright white light. I didn't know what it was, but i stopped my car. After the light dimmed all I could see, in the direction home, was a smoke cloud, one of the exact images from the commercials. It was a nuclear warhead. It only took about thirty seconds after my vision cleared for me to feel the real impact. Everything around me heated and dust was kicked up by the ton. My entire body burned and got tossed backwards into the car behind me. I broke through the windshield and landed in the passenger's seat. After all the heat was gone, I still felt the soreness that came with hitting the car. My only choice then was to go see my family, only about 20 miles from where I was, in the direction of the nuclear explosion...



© 2008 DragonJJ


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on November 6, 2008


Author

DragonJJ
DragonJJ

Yreka, CA



Writing
Gob Gob

A Book by DragonJJ