Chapter II

Chapter II

A Chapter by Looki


The morning sun peeked over the horizon, causing the world to awaken. The sky was clean, not a cloud in sight or wind to lightly blow and move the big heavy ships from side to side. Even though the morning was calming, one person stood in the cabin of his ship, nervously ticking and counting the seconds on the clock above him. '58, 59...12:00', as the clock struck the number, the churches bells let out a loud ring throughout the docks and beyond as the ringing echoed for some time before disappearing, most likely to travel across the ocean to the islands around. Aroiwi looked around him as the sound disappeared and the docks remained silent, no one was heard and no one was seen. He tapped his foot, continuing to count the seconds on the clock, sure his new crew was late, really late. The soothing silence was soon interrupted by screaming and yelling outside the cabin, four male voices, three seemed to be speaking rather raspy English and the fourth spoke in a British accent, by these voices there was a woman's voice, with an Arabic accent even though her English was rather good. Aroiwi was hesitant to come out for a while before the yelling seized and a knock on the door was heard. Aroiwi inhaled, grabbing the door handle and turning it as slowly as he could, as the door opened he was greeted by a, rather weird bunch. First there was a hooded fellow, his appearance wasn't really clear to Aroiwi as he couldn't really see anything special about him. His gaze switched to the other man who held a lit cigarette in his mouth, he was olive skinned- possibly Greek. The Greek man was rather tall, taller than Aroiwi which made him rather anxious. The man's messy brown hair was short and his eyes were small and hidden by the bags under his eyes. He wore plain clothes, white shirt and gray leggings, nothing special to see. One thing Aroiwi noticed was the thorn up doll sitting on his shoulder as he shook it off as some kind of a collectable or something. Aroiwi's eyes once again moved to the male standing in the back, he was around the same height as him and rather thin. He was rather pale and how his hair reached down to his jaw, made Aroiwi think of Willy Wonka for a minute. The male's hair was black, seeming dyed and his protruding eyes were dull green. The pale man wore a fancy blue suit, and had two snakes wrapped around his neck, which made Aroiwi shiver. Aroiwi finally turned his gaze to the woman in the back, she had a weird grin and seemed to be the most excited in the group. She was brown skinned, which made Aroiwi speculate, but fail at recognizing from where she came from. The woman had black hair that messily fell down to ber elbow. She seemed to be the shortest in the group but the most hyperactive. She wore a blue sweater that matched the color of the sea below and a pair of black leggings. This woman must have been a hard worker, she carried 4 pretty large bags, and did not even break a sweat! Aroiwi snapped out of his observing mode as the hooded figure cleared their throat, seeming annoyed at the boy zoning out. "Oh- I'm so sorry. I guess you are the new crew?" Aroiwi said with a slight bow, "May I first know your names before we step on this journey?" he asked the bunch as they glanced at eachother for a moment before the hooded figure spoke, "I'm sorry but I'm afraid we have to get inside first, or else I might just turn into dust.", this shook up Aroiwi as he stopped from the door so the group can get in. As the bunch stood in the cabin and the door was closed, the hooded figure took off the hood, revealing a pale face with blonde hair that covered his eyes. One ting that unnerved Aroiwi at this was the man's vampire fangs, this man was a vampire. After zoning out completely Aroiwi found himself falling back as he stumbled to keep up and succeeding at last. "The kid shat himself." he heard the woman whisper to the Greek man as Aroiwi laughed nervously, "N-no- Haha." he said before cutting himself off, he was seriously anxious about all of this. "Alright how about you introduce yourselves now? My name is Aroiwi and I'm the main sailor on this ship, you might settle in your rooms down that corridor but please do not leave trash on the floor." Aroiwi said in somehow cheerfully tone as he pointed at the dark green colored corridor that led to multiple rooms. "Well, my name is Evgeni. I'm a post Russian nobility so please respect my rule." the vampire man said, as grunts were heard from the group and glares shot at Evgeni. "My name is Aegeus!" the Greek man behind Evgeni exclaimed, raising his hand before he pointed at the rabbit doll on his shoulder, "This is Anastacio." he added as Aroiwi looked at him with a concerned look, he was not sure if Aegeus was kidding or was he serious. A moment of silence struck the room, splashing of waves outside being the only thing separating them from complete utter silence. "Please referain yourself from concern, but I'm in fact an alive being", the time stopped as everyone turned their gazes to the doll on Aegeus' shoulder that was now standing and watching everyone, "Also please referain from asking me on what circumstances have I gained this form." the doll added as silence struck in the room again. "Alright..Well that was a surprise. But anyways, my name is Johann August Cole. Please refer to me by Johann or August, whichever is easier for you, but under any circumstances do not refer to me by the name Julie or any feminine name from the past.", the man with the two snakes spoke up, breaking the silence. "And those two are Abby and Al" he continued, pointing at the two black snakes wrapped around his neck. "And at last! My name is Aquil- or you can call me Aq." the brown skinned woman spoke up in a cheerful tone as if she has been waiting to introduce herself for years. The room became silent as Aroiwi spoke up: "Well, it's nice to meet all of you.", he stopped before pointing at the hallway on his left, "You might want to leave your things in your rooms for now, make yourself at home and tomorrow we meet at 8 in the main room at the end of the hallway, we will need to discuss the jobs on the ship during the adventure." he continued as he watched the group slowly head for their rooms, "Also, one last thing. This is gonna be one hell of an adventure with a crew like you." he said as he felt a glare shot at him, but he ignored it. Aroiwi walked down to the corner of the room, running his hand over the scull of the skeleton there as he leaned onto the wall, 'This is gonna be one hell of an adventure.'.


© 2016 Looki


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on July 25, 2016
Last Updated on July 25, 2016


Author

Looki
Looki

Croatia



About
Writing by hobby, free to criticism of any kind. more..

Writing
Chapter |1| Chapter |1|

A Chapter by Looki


Chapter |2| Chapter |2|

A Chapter by Looki


Chapter |3| Chapter |3|

A Chapter by Looki