The Greatest

The Greatest

A Chapter by DreamCatcher08
"

Part 6 of my writing challenge. Finally picking it back up.

"

We were nothing but an idea, the kind written in pen on the back of the first thing you can grab. Not to be forgotten along with the thousands of others. The kind of thing you might record on a voice memo app, raw and embryonic. To be built upon when time blessed upon us her favour. The one you can't tell your best friend about, because you're afraid they might steal it, make their fortune and never credit the founder. You would barely whisper it into the wind for fear that it could carry itself into the night and echo upon some fortunate ears. A true show stopper. The Greatest.


I catch myself, sometimes, becoming complacent with that fact and It would be no exaggeration to call such disregard a crime. Any moment I spend not completely in awe of what we have become and how we got here, is a moment entirely devoid of context - and it truly feels like that - which is why I seek forgiveness for those moments, from myself as well as you, they are never deliberate in nature. Even during these fleeting moments of complacency and loss of perspective, please know, that my adoration never ceases. It is more correctly the adoration of my own adoration for you that is momentarily forgotten or grown too used-to, and although this is something worth working on, it is merely an undesirable extension of the comfort I feel in the world that we have created together. That we continue to build together. It will be an empire. The Greatest. 


We have to keep striving though, endlessly - to bring ultimate meaning into our shared life. To tread the path less walked upon, to do the things that we want to do, although often the most difficult part is simply deciding what those things are. It will be easier together. Everything has been, everything is and everything always will be. We have to be the ones to take the idea that we once, so easily made and turn it into the blockbuster that it deserves to be. To write the score. To patent it. To show it to the world. Obsess over it. Nourish it. Give it light and force it to grow. To show unwavering faith in it. To invest in it. Ourselves. You. Me. You and Me. Us. The team. The idea. The Greatest. 



© 2020 DreamCatcher08


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

9 Views
Added on November 18, 2018
Last Updated on September 27, 2020


Author

DreamCatcher08
DreamCatcher08

Scotland, United Kingdom



About
Lover of everything musical My passion is for song-writing, which has slowly bled it's way into a desire to improve my writing skills in general. And that is why I am here. Would love to chat to.. more..

Writing
Glass Glass

A Poem by DreamCatcher08