Asleep

Asleep

A Chapter by Avangeline in Wonderland
"

Vonnie Hopkins wants to disappear. Leave this world. All because of her parents. All they do is fight day & night. So one day when Vonnie is at school, Evil Alice steals her away to Wonderland

"

(Listen to the song Asleep by Emily Browning when reading this, it will have more meaning)

 

I wish things could be like how they used to be. My mom and dad smiling, laughing, having fun. All of us going out together. Fairs, Zoo's, Pools. Why can't it be that way? I lay in bed and look at the silhouettes of my parents yelling at each other on the wall. I close my eyes and remember when my mother would sing me to sleep. She would sit next to me on my bed, stroking my forehead and singing. My father would stand at the door and listen with a smile on his face. How could two people who love each other and their daughter suddenly despise each other to the ends of the earth? I squeeze my teddy bear close to me. Stop it, stop it! I scream inside my head. I hate this! Hate it! I want to disappear! I want to get away from this house! This world! I need my own land. A place I can be myself! Find myself!

   I close my eyes and slowly the sounds of my parents shouts quiet down. Were they done? Or was I finally falling asleep? That night I dreamt of a beautiful place. It seemed to be calling my name.

    I looked around but there was no one there. I run down a path way, trying to find the source of the voice. Soon a tree comes into a sight with a girl standing there. Her hair was black and her eyes dark brown. Her hands were tunneled to her mouth, she was calling my name.

   " Vonnie.... Vonnie...! Come this way! Get a way from your parents!" She says in a whispery voice.

   I stare at her, a little freaked out. I back up but the world behind me begins to twist into a circle. I begin to fall. Tea pots and tables all around me with other broken items. A ticking clock was chiming over and over. A broken door came into sight and I grabbed onto it, stopping my fall. I hold onto the door knob and get pulled in through the door.

  I awake it my bed in a panic. What was that!? Such a vivid dream?! I get up and pull on my school uniform, trying to shake the dream. Down stairs my mom makes pancakes and my father sits on the couch watching TV. We never eat as a family any more. Dad always eats before mom gets up. I sit down as mom places a plate of pancakes in front of me.

   " Thanks mom." I say as I pick up my fork and begin eating.

   No one speaks the whole time until the bus arrives. I grab my bag and run out the door before they can begin fighting. I take my usual seat in the middle of the bus by the window. It's loud and kids are throwing paper airplanes around. One lands right in my lap and I look at it. It says 'open' on one of the wings so I unfold it. Inside are a bunch of little comments from all the kids on the bus. I scrunch the note up and shove it in my bag and stare out the window. It didn't bother me much anymore. I was used to it. Everyone hated me. I don't know why, they just do. School is always the same. Every day I get to class, hang my coat and bag up, go into the class room, sit down, stay focused on work, and hang out alone during lunch and recess, get my bag and coat, throw away the mean sticky notes, and go home. Nothing new.

   At lunch I get my notebook and sit under a tree. I open it up and place the pen on the paper.

(Stop the song Asleep and play the song Alice by Avril Lavigne)

I close my journal and look up at the blue sky as the leaves rustle in the light breeze. Then, out of no where, I see a rabbit. I jump to my feet and walk up to it, but it begins to hop away. I won't let it get away that easily, I've never seen a real rabbit like this before! I chase it into a bunch of trees and trip on a tree root. Suddenly my dream flashes out in front of my quickly. The girl calling my name, the world twisting, then it becomes real. I am falling, falling down into a black pit. My hand hits something and the place is lit with a dull yellowish light. There are books, silverware, furniture, and other house hold appliances just floating in mid-air. Was I sleeping again?

   I see the ground come into sight and I begin to slow down until my feet softly land on the checkered floor. I look around and only see one way out, a dark hallway. I begin walking down the hallway, holding a candle in my left hand and searching for a door with my right. I finally feel a door knob and twist it. It creaks open and I'm bathed in sunlight.

It's so beautiful! What a magnificent dream!

   " This isn't a dream..." That whispery voice says.

  I look around but don't see that girl. If it isn't a dream, then what is it?

   The voice giggles. " It's a nightmare!" She says in a loud voice.

  The ground behinds to shake and red and black clouds swirl in the sky. All the flowers are blown away and the rainbow turns sickly green. I scream out but my words are muffled by the howling wind. I turn to the tunnel but it's disappeared, so I begin to run into the forest. The wind blows strong against my face, I continue to scream for someone, anyone, for help. Even through the howling wind I can hear foot steps, not mine, but others, many others. I turn a corner and come face to face with card men. I look behind me, but they have me surrounded. They grab my arms and bind me. I can hear voices wailing, so loud, louder and louder, eventually I black out.

   When I awake my hands are chained above me. I am in a circular room of stone. There is one small window high up and barred. Where am I? This cannot be a dream, this is to real to be a dream. I hang my head, how was I supposed to escape... I don't even know where I am... Or how this happened. Tears begin to fall down my cheeks when the ground begins to tremble again. The little rocks jump around on the floor and dust falls from the ceiling. I hear sword slashes outside and yelps. There's a loud banging on the stone wall in front of me and then it explodes. I move my head to the side, closing my eyes. When I slowly look back, there's a girl standing there. I can't see her properly because of the shadows.

   When she steps forward, into the light, she looks just like the girl from my dream. Except this one is different... Her outfit and her aura. She walks up to me and holds her sword up, slashing the chains on my wrists. I drop to the ground and she grabs my hand. She smiles and immediately begins pulling me out of the dungeon. She runs so fast I can barely keep up. As we run she kills the card guards easily, without one hit on her. Who was she? Is she the hero? Or a secret villain with a hero's mask? I try not to cry. I was so scared I wouldn't live. I don't know how I could have died, but I didn't know much right now. But this girl, she saved me. But that does not mean she's the hero. I can only hope she is the hero of this crazy world.



© 2014 Avangeline in Wonderland


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on January 20, 2014
Last Updated on January 20, 2014


Author

Avangeline in Wonderland
Avangeline in Wonderland

Wonderland



About
Hello there. I've been writing ever since I could. I love Alice in Wonderland. I hope you will support me and my writings. Original Account: DiamondNovelist: Avangeline Delarosa more..

Writing