Go Ask Alice

Go Ask Alice

A Chapter by Avangeline in Wonderland
"

Felicity Connor was a regular high school student. But when a she's sitting in science class, looking at slides of insects, she begins to hallucinate about a caterpillar beckoning her to Wonderland.

"
(listen to the song Go Ask Alice by Emiliana Torrini)

I was sitting in science class on a drizzly rainy day. Today we were learning about insects and bugs. We got microscopes to look at slides of wings and tiny bugs/insects then write down answers to questions. I looked up to see the rain drops sliding down the window. I loved days like this. They were my favorite. I turn to my best friend Lilly who pushes the microscope so I can take a look. When I look it its undoubtedly a caterpillar.

  " Class, if you can look up." The teacher says

  Up on the projector board is a drawing of caterpillar with arrows pointing to each part. Suddenly my eyes go blurry and the caterpillar begins to morph and go all swiggly like waves. I rub my eyes and try to focus but it didn't work. A shake my head but it still looks weird. Lilly looks at me and puts her hand on my shoulder.

  " Felicity? Are you okay? You look sick." She comments

  I try to tell her I'm okay but music inside my head interrupts me. It sounds like an old rewinding tape recorder with chimes. A voice starts to saying things about becoming smaller. The room starts to spin around me and I hear voice shouting at me in panic. The music gets louder and more real. When I reopen my eyes I am not in the class room anymore. I'm standing in front of a gigantic mushroom with a... Caterpillar on top?

  " One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small." It says

  I gasp and jump back a little. Did that thing just talk!?

  " And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all." He continues.

  I look at the caterpillar in shock. " Excuse me, but did you just-" I begin to speak but he cuts me off.

  " GO ASK ALICE! When she's ten feet tall!" It yells in anger, turning a redish pink colour.

  In sudden fear I turn around and start running. Where am I? Am I dreaming? Did I black out in the middle of class? I see a rabbit cross my path and I stumble on a couple branches.

  " Call Alice! When she is small!" It tells me and continues to hop away

  I keep running, how do I get home? And who is this Alice everyone is talking about? I see men on a checker board. They stand up and point to the left. So I go that way.

  " Go ask Alice, I think she'll know." They all say in harmony before going back to some kind of big chess game.

  This was ridiculous! I keep running when I see a commotion. A girl is being held down and men like cards are holding her down. A queen in red yells off with her head. One of the card men picks up an axe and hoists it up in the air. I let out an unexpected scream and they all turn to look at me. The queen wearing red stands up and points her heart tipped scepter at me.

  " Off with her head too!" She yells

   I turn and start to run again but the cards men are blocking my way in three directions. I couldn't run towards the queen. All of the sudden the girl being held down jumps up and kicks the cards men holding her away and jumps onto a roof, running in my directions. She grabs a rope hanging down and swings down, grabbing my arms. I screech as she pulls me into the air but soon she lets the rope go and we land on the ground. The girl takes my hand and we start running towards a path leading into a forest. The cards men are close behind us. The girl suddenly takes out a butcher knife and starts cutting the soldiers into bits. She does this until their all gone.

  I stare at her in utter disbelief. " Why are you staring at me?" She questions as she puts the blade away.

  " Y-You just killed them!" I stammer

  " Yeah so? They tried to kill us first." She says

  " W-What's going on? Who were they? Where am I? And who are you!?" I question loudly

  She sighs. " This is Wonderland, well, what's left of it that is, those cards men were the Queen of Hearts army, and I am Alice Liddell." She tells me

  I just look at her like she's crazy. " Okay, well obviously I'm dreaming! This can't be real!"

  " Why can't it be? Because it is real. Your here, I'm here, all of this, it's reality." Alice says, she sighs when she see's that I don't understand.

  " Why am I here then?" I ask

  " To help save Wonderland. Just like the others. This is what I told them. Wonderland is on the brink of being destructed by the Red Queen. She created a clone of me but an evil one. You were chosen by the Evil Alice to help them, but I'm here to save you. You will help save Wonderland right?" Alice explains

  " Do I have a choice?" I question

 She smiles. " Good. Then your helping. Come along, they aren't following us anymore."

  Alice leads me through the forest paths. This was really happening wasn't it... To real... I was chosen to save Wonderland.



© 2014 Avangeline in Wonderland


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on January 20, 2014
Last Updated on January 20, 2014


Author

Avangeline in Wonderland
Avangeline in Wonderland

Wonderland



About
Hello there. I've been writing ever since I could. I love Alice in Wonderland. I hope you will support me and my writings. Original Account: DiamondNovelist: Avangeline Delarosa more..

Writing