Suffering in Silence the Days Are Packed With Loneliness

Suffering in Silence the Days Are Packed With Loneliness

A Poem by Sweet & Tender Hooligan
"

Inspired by The Boy Least Likely To, Stockholm Monsters, Love Me If You Dare and Where the Wild Things Are. A childlike poem packed with loneliness like adults childishly suffering in silence.

"
Bear in mind we're not mad the world is just mad,
Just a kid again escaping into stories all but still tortured.
We suffer for the things that we're too embarrassed to talk about,
There is less life in crowds but I want to turn everyone into small animals.
Less brave the days are packed with bottled up and boxed up feelings.
After all we've seen the world wakes from a dream,
Wanting to hide but finding ourselves in a stronger world.
Bad luck is just the way it goes yet we avoid cracks but jump into puddles;
Promises get broken but tug o' war pulls the world apart in two,
Not feeling like playing and yet we hopscotch in and out of dreams.
Staring out of windows all day we can't hopscotch our own minds,
Pretending to be okay, once we used to look forward to going home.
Modern life makes me dislike people and prefer nature.
Whatever we've done is not enough
(Time goes around your two faces twice)
Whatever we haven't done seems too much. 
The world doesn't wait for us even though no-one stops learning.
The wind only whispers of jealousy and hate. 
Rain comes down and stops our games,
Made to go inside we only age indoors.
Endlessly talking about silly things,
Talk for the sake of talk to avoid real life.
The same old stories on and on just makes life more lonely
Pretending nothing's wrong, once we slept and woke up old.
Just bear in mind the world doesn't shrink things just become duller,
Ghosts of childhood play and tease has the world just makes us cruel.
Grown men are just little boys suffering in silence,  
There is less life in crowds but insecurities stab you like the winter.
Shelves stacked full of worries the days are packed with loneliness.

© 2011 Sweet & Tender Hooligan


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, excellent piece here!! Plenty of meaning in everything here. We always think about the past and the future, and definitely the present. Also the wishings of what we could've done better to improve things and stuff. And i believe it brings everything back to the main question: What's the meaning of life? Great piece!

M.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow, this definitely requires more than one reading to absorb it! There is a lot of thought in this. Very beautifully and clearly expressed. There is a whole analysis in every line! This is cuttingly accurate and dark conception of modern life and the falseness. We all have to live in increasingly fake means in increasingly unnatural environments or situations, and yet, we are forbidden by society to express these things. Anger and depression are outcast emotions, society as a whole doesn't want to be reminded of it's dark side, but also, in many ways, true, honest love and joy, child like appreciation, are also outcast emotions, considered naive or laughable, even a contemptible weakness. This poem cuts straight to the heart of that lamentable situation. The artifices we contrive in order to survive. This is very intelligent, thoughtful, thought provoking, top class philosophy and excellent writing as well.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

brilliant !

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, excellent piece here!! Plenty of meaning in everything here. We always think about the past and the future, and definitely the present. Also the wishings of what we could've done better to improve things and stuff. And i believe it brings everything back to the main question: What's the meaning of life? Great piece!

M.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I could never find the correct words to give this remarkable writing justice, sheer brilliance and now a favourite.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I'm sure for children that the future is scary. They hear Mommy and Daddy worry about money and some times we have to go with out the basics.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Life is what it is. Imagination, playing games takes us way up high into an innocent time when we only knew sweetness and had little to fear; that's where the hopscotch comes in .. then as we learn a bit more about what the world holds, we stop treading on the lines coz we're learning fear, suspicion.. and so it goes on. So much of what you say is true, seems there's little hope here, only the abandonment of better sweeter moments in life .. BUT they're there if we search for them and walk in loneliness with vision and contentment by our sides.

A great poem, a sad poem .. a memorable piece of writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

amazing :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was amazing, I love your writing. "talk for the sake of talk to avoid real life." your poems always sound like the completion of half formed thoughts the whole world has thought. In that way, you write the essential of common sense.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This poem is really good. It so true on how our lives are really like that. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That third stanza really hit home with me. Potent, thought-provoking piece with great imagery. Well done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1098 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on March 10, 2011
Last Updated on April 25, 2011
Tags: suffering in silence, anxiety, loneliness, feelings, bottled up feelings, memories, childhood, the boy least likely to, stockholm monsters, where the wild things are, love me if you dare

Author

Sweet & Tender Hooligan
Sweet & Tender Hooligan

Newport, South Wales, United Kingdom



About
I'm Russell from Wales. I've been writing for many years. Writing is important to me and its my only reason for being on this site. I like to take my time on my poems and I hope to keep learning an.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..