Chapter 2: Drug Runners

Chapter 2: Drug Runners

A Chapter by ThatOneGuyNobodyKnows

        "Wakey, wakey, Dipshit."
     "Look, I can expl.."
        "Oh, you're gonna explain alright. Then we'll see whether or not I'm gonna kill you."

The man standing above me, was none other than Luis Harrimen. Now Luis, was the sort of modern day Al Capone. The difference between the man who was hovering over me, and the 1920's gangster, he made his money off of drugs rather than alcohol. I don't mean just any drugs either, I'm talking big time, hardcore, top of the line drugs. This was the guy who invented s**t that made herione, meth, and coke look like childs play. Recently he had come up with some experimental drug that he called Quazinitros or "Raptor" as it was called on the streets. Thats where I came into the picture.

     "I don't know what happened. Someone must have sniched, it was going good, then all these cops came in and.."
         "Tell me exactly what f*****g happened. I want the goddamn details!"
     "I didn't wanna do this in the first place. You're the one that.."
         "If you don't start f*****g talking I'm going to rip out your f*****g tongue and feed it to my dog! understand?"
     "Ok, ok, I met up with the buyer like planned. There was three of us, and three of them. Also as planned. The buyer wanted to try the product before the exchange, you know, to make sure it was legit. Well Bobby went off on him."
         "So this is your brothers fault? I knew I should have killed the little s**t when he couldn't pay me my money."

My brother, Bobby, had borrowed money from what he thought was some run of the mill loan shark. Well, it turns out the guy he thought was some loan shark, was Luis. Bobby meant well, he didnt borrow the money for gambling or drugs. He borrowed the money to buy his wife a diamond necklace for their one year anniversary. Too bad for him that Luis wanted his money when he wanted it, and Bobby didn't have it. Bobby had told me about his little problem, so I went to try and sort things out, make a deal. Long story short, Luis decided not to kill Bobby or myself, at the exchange that he and I go and make a sell for him. One of his guys, Bobby, and me. Show up, make the trade, come back, and thats it. Unfortunately thats not how it went.

      "No, look Bobby started yelling and I made him wait in the car. When I started walking back to the buyer there was a shot. The buyers head was now all over the pavement. Next thing I know theres police sirens closer than I was comfortable with.  Everything got real hectic, and somehow someone managed to take the drugs and the money. I tried to jump in the car and hual a*s out of there, but someone slit the tires. Me and Bobby took off one way and your guy went the other. We got cornered in some alley by the cops. Bobby, being the guy he is freaked out and went to throw his gun over to the cops, and they must have thought of it as a threat and shot him down. Four bullets right to the chest. I stared into his eyes as he fell to the ground. Do you know what that's like?"
         "Shut the hell up Scott, he's lucky he lived as long as he did, and you're lucky you've got to live this long. Too bad for you it's over."
      "Wait! Wait! Wait! I can fix this, just let me think for a minute."
          " You've got five minutes."

I had no idea what I was gonna do. Luis went over and turned on the news, I guess to see if anyword of this went public. I needed to find a way out of this entire shitstorm of a situation. The place was a mess, I couldn't find anything reaI usefull. I saw some reports about how much of the Quazinitros went out into the population. Twenty tons. Holy s**t, I couldn't believe it. Luis had one of those fancy letter openers sitting on the table. I figured it was my best option. Slowly, I reached for the letter opener, trying to be as quiet as possible so Luis wouldn't hear. I inched up behind him until i was close enough to strike. His timer beeped, five minutes was up. I pounced, ramming the letter opener into the back of his head. It was over. No more Luis, no more fear of death.
     
        "Told you I'd fix it."

Just then, the news broadcast said something about the new drug Raptor. It had been killing people all over the country. Apperently it had reached farther than I had thought. This experimental drug was causing so much damage, but at least it was over. With Luis being dead no more could be made. I sat down, taking in everything that just occured. I cleaned everything up, putting Luis' body into the dumpster, and headed home. After everything that happened in these past couple of days, I needed sleep.


© 2014 ThatOneGuyNobodyKnows


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on January 18, 2014
Last Updated on January 18, 2014


Author

ThatOneGuyNobodyKnows
ThatOneGuyNobodyKnows

virginia beach, VA



About
I am a nineteen year old writer, who focuses on zombie and post-apocalyptic type writing. more..

Writing