How Much?

How Much?

A Poem by R. A. Duarte

How much I wanted to speak the world about you. How much I wanted to hold you close. We stood together so many times that I felt as if my desires were true. I was happy with you near; so pleasant and content I feared not the uncertainty of the world for you and your love was the only certainty necessary for my living.

 
It was that one day when I saw you under the true that I knew I could be with you. That one day when I alone understood that the world was available for me, yet the only commodity I longed for and desired was your warm embrace and tender kiss
 
How much I wanted to tell you these things; how much I wanted to say I loved you. I would sing it at every corner and think it at every pause. It was a reality finally come true. You were perfect and wanted nothing more.
 
How much I wanted to speak the truth about where we were and who we were. How much I wanted to scream yet for all the pleasantries and all desires, I never could confess the truth.
 
How much I wanted to does not speak to how much I lacked. How much I wanted to does not speak to how much I failed. I knew I loved you and I know I still do. But as time passed I could not break my own silence. I could not tell you the truth.
 
I loved you so much. Why is it only now I may utter such truths; when they are painful and saturated with bitter memories? I have failed you, my love, and my failures have pushed you away. I tried so hard yet could not escape what I have become.
 
How much I wanted to speak the truth about how much I loved you. How much I now regret my own failure.

© 2008 R. A. Duarte


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on March 30, 2008

Author

R. A. Duarte
R. A. Duarte

Here and There, CA



About
Writing is something i just enjoy. It is a pleasant outlet for emotions, thoughts, and opinions. I've been doing off and on writing since i was very young playing with my Legos creating storylines. .. more..

Writing