His Heart of Stone

His Heart of Stone

A Chapter by Dy

He was cold as stone. It intrigued her. What was behind the that glare? She guessed a heart of gold. After all, the best people were the ones who had faced life. He seemed that type of person. The type who looked life head on and had come out changed. Why else would he carry that look of ice? She wondered what changed him. She soon found out.

His heart of stone came from years of disappointment, guilt, and despair. He was afraid to trust, afraid to love. She worked to change that.

He hid his sadness behind a mask. He lived in fear of letting it lose. She stood by his side each day, soothing his heart of stone.

The two became close, closer than either had ever been to anyone. They were a strange pair, the girl with the sadness in her eyes and the boy with the malice on his face.

Very suddenly the pair started drifting apart. Laughs turned to shouts, smiles to tears. Once inseparable, their friendship, their love, broke.

She was lost to madness. He to guilt. He came to her, saw her in her deranged state. The grief shook him. He lost his will to live. He ran from her. Ran away from everything.

The sadness swelled inside her. She was left here. Left to her destruction while he had gone to bliss. All because she broke his heart of stone.


Rest in peace Christopher.

Meine einzige Liebe in diesem Leben.



© 2014 Dy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on January 6, 2014
Last Updated on January 18, 2014


Author

Dy
Dy

About
I will continue to speak even if no one will hear me, and I shall continue to write even if no one will read it. Quotev Profile: InsomniaticDy Current Running Stories: Him And Her (Cafe), and An.. more..

Writing
Drip Drop Drip Drop

A Poem by Dy