Chapter Two: The New Kid

Chapter Two: The New Kid

A Chapter by Elizabeth James

People were bumping, pushing, and running into each other, the halls smelled like sweat, cologne, and perfume. It was nerve wracking. Abby made her way to her locker, grabbed her books, and hurried to class. Science was Abby’s second favorite class, it was also the one class where she wasn’t forced to have a partner to work with. Today was different, everyone was whispering as she walked in, as Abby sat down at her usual table she overheard one of the conversations going on.

“You think the new kid will be cute?” Charlotte asked her friend Megan.

“I have no idea but I hope so!” squealed Megan.

Abby had no idea that they were getting a new kid in her class, but she never really paid attention so it didn’t surprise her. Her teacher Mr. Kaplin walked in and cleared his throat loudly to get everyone's attention.

“Class I want to welcome our new student to our class.”

That’s when Abby noticed the taller boy who had walked in behind Mr. Kaplin. He was, at least, five foot six, had spiky dark brown hair, tan skin, and was leanly muscled. The weirdest thing was the boy's eyes, they looked like liquid gold. An angel.

Mr.Kaplin turned to the boy. “Why don’t you introduce yourself and then find an empty seat?”

“My name is Scott Ray, I just moved here and yes, I’m an angel.” Scott smiled.

Mr. Kaplin nodded. “Okay, Scott go find a seat.”

Scott started forward and to the surprise of the whole class sat beside Abby. Charlotte was quick to inform Scott about his mistake.

“Scott!” Whispered Charlotte.

Scott turned and looked at Charlotte. “What?”

Charlotte smiled at him, “Don’t sit beside her, she’s a freak, wouldn’t want to ruin your reputation the second you get here would you? Why don’t you sit here?” Charlotte patted the seat beside her.

Scott looked at her, “I don’t care about my reputation and I don’t think it’ll kill me to sit here.” Scott turned back around.

Abby was surprised, usually everyone got away from here as soon as one of the populars told them about her. Why was he not running? Abby sent a silent wish to the stars. Please let him be different.



© 2016 Elizabeth James


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on February 10, 2016
Last Updated on February 10, 2016