Doctor Toys

Doctor Toys

A Chapter by Egao-onna

A scientist was called for an emergency into room 106, the room for the “special cases”.  He nervously knocked on the door before entering. No one answered, but his superiors had instructed him to go in immediately, so he cautiously stepped in. The once empty white room was now stained and splattered with red liquid that smelled of iron. The doctor shivered. Bruised and bloodied corpses of previous doctors were strewn about haphazardly, bones jerked opposite of their normal directions, limbs ripped off, eyes gouged.

            In the midst of it all sat what was left of a person, a shell of a human, quivering on the ground, chains attached to each limb. White gown stained with the crimson liquid of its victims, it sat in a disheveled heap. Light hair lay lank over its lifeless eyes. It convulsed, chains rattling in time to a small giggle that make shivers run up the doctor’s spine. Slipping and sliding over the blood on the floor, It staggered over to the wall, laughing hysterically all the while.

            With a smile unlike any known to sane man, It dipped its finger into a nearby corpse and pulled out congealed blood, and proceeded to sloppily write on the wall the words ‘Why Me?’

            “Why why why why why why” It chanted over and over again, sinking to the ground only to collapse in a fit of deranged laughter. The doctor hesitantly stepped forward to restrain the delusional child, but It was too overcome by the madness.

            “Give me back give me back give me back!” It shouted incoherently, reaching over and crunching a bone of the doctor, who cried out in agony.

            “Heh, that’s a nice sound. Crunch. The sound of...happy... breaking.” It giggled nastily as it slopped down into an awkward sitting position, chains catching on each other.             “Doesn’t that sound nice? Ripping, tearing, crunching, bleeding?” the unhinged child slowly got up, only to bend far backwards in a contortion only possible to the mad. Eyes vacant, smile wide, in a tipsy voice It called to the doctor

            “You should try this...” the child, whatever gender it was, staggered toward him.            

            “Calm down, just put this jacket on and will all be fine...nothing will hurt you.” The doctor tried to placate the raging child, but to no avail. He started to think about using the straightjacket.

            It shrieked “I am nothing! ...No, I am who I am who I’m not who am I...am I no one? Why did I do this this I did why not did I do?” It began to question Itself incomprehensively until it was driven into more hysterics and fell to the bloody floor, sobbing

            “I just want it to go away” It cried, tears and blood dripping from a huge, grinning face. “Go away go away go away! Stop looking stop looking stop looking...” It scurried into a corner like a frightened spider, away from the doctor, who kept trying to restrain It with a straightjacket. Tripping over corpses and sliding on blood, It backed into the darkest, farthest corner.

            Then It began to keen. It was a high pitched, uncanny wailing that left anyone within earshot deeply touched in the heart with sorrow and pity for this poor child, a thing that did not know whom it belonged to or why it existed, a lost thing that no one wanted to claim. The noise came to an abrupt halt. It turned towards the doctor.

            “Will you Love me?” It questioned the doctor, smiling a queer smile, “Will you play with me?” Getting up and coughing blood, with the empty-eyed smile of the insane, It took the hand of the scientist. When he jerked away in revulsion, It snapped his head off, quick and clean, then returned to a thoughtful state as if nothing had ever happened (and to It, it really hadn’t).

            “All I want is for someone to play with me...all I want is a friend...” the body of the doctor crumpled to the floor, covered in blood, and It looked at it like a little girl looks at a muddy doll.  

            “Oh no,” the child sighed, still grinning, “now there’s no one to play with me...” Continuing on a path not known to even It itself, the child walked with wide eyes and a never-ending grin around the room, until It collapsed from exhaustion. 



© 2011 Egao-onna


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on August 21, 2011
Last Updated on August 22, 2011