He

He

A Chapter by Egao-onna

            “We just want to talk to you.” The doctor said gently, trying her best to calm the child, who was shaking violently and cackling.

            “I don’t want to talk!” It screamed, face clouded with fear “GO AWAY! ...Or...or I’ll go insane” a slow smile began to spread cross It’s face as it walked ever so slowly to the doctor.

            “No, stay away,” she said gently, trying to calm It, who was starting to become unhinged.

            “Do you want to play with me?” It asked quietly, grinning from ear to ear, dark eyes wide and expressionless.  It took slight shuddering steps towards the greatly disturbed doctor.

            “St-stay away!” the doctor cried, running for the door, only to realize that those higher ups in the Reformatory had locked it. “Open this door! Subject is going to assault!” It slowly came closer, wobbling on unsteady legs in a kind of psychotic dance.

             “Open the f*****g door!!” she cried, pounding on the metal surface and sobbing loudly. She has seen the others that had come out of Its previous sessions, and had no desire to end up like that. Quietly laughing, It came up to her; chains clinking round the wrists and ankles, a futile attempt to control the insanity within.

            “Do you know how it feels...to be torn apart by your mind, every day?” It looked at her, ancient sadness in its eyes. “Imagine, everyone you know... everyone you love...dying a slow, gory death, right before your eyes...The voices, telling you that no one cares, you’re alone, and everyone HATES YOU.” It’s eyes took on an unbalanced gleam.

            “Imagine, all you treasure and dream, bursting into flames to be replaced by your worst nightmares, tormenting you for all eternity.” Tears rolled down the doctor’s eyes as she took in the truth of the small child’s words. “That is what my mind is. Fear and torment, ceasing never, voices, telling me things, horrible things, disgusting things, but if I do those things... I’ll be happy...I WILL BE ALIVE...Where are you?” It suddenly questioned, addressing the wall rather than the doctor, “Will you ever come for me?” It randomly trailed out of its desolate speech, tears running down its face. The doctor looked in wonder, and couldn’t hold in a gasp. This sharp intake of breath brought It back into some realm of It’s mind.

            “So...do you want to play with me until he gets here?”

            “Until who...gets here?” the doctor questioned, wondering who on earth this poor pitiful child had as a friend.

            “He promised...he said...he said he would...”

            “No one said anything...You haven't seen anyone for some time now."

            "But...him...he did it...he said it...just then..." It started to sob again.

            “This all in your mind.” The doctor hesitantly whispered. It turned to face her, a livid smile stretching from ear to ear.

            “...All in my mind you say?” It laughed a high-pitched giggle. “My mind is a fun place...I want to play a game with you! Whoever lives wins. Ready, Go!”

            It ran at a lilt towards the doctor, who backed away nervously, while writing Highly disturbed, but feels no fear or pain when confronting an opponent. It cackled.

            “Run, run run! The game’s no fun when you don’t play...” The doctor turned pale and reached for the door that she knew was locked, and desperately turned the knob. It didn’t move. The doctor began to panic, sweat dripping down from her forehead onto her nose. She was backed into the wall, with nowhere to run from the disturbed child.

            It’s teeth gleamed under the fluorescent lights, and with a grin from ear to ear, she said quietly, “You lose”.

            Reaching down, It took firm grip on the doctor, and slowly pulled her ribcage   apart, rib by rib, breaking each one. The doctor screamed in agony. Blood spurted on It’s face as she dipped her fingers into her victim’s blood. Shakily standing, she went and grabbed the doctor’s arm. It then began to dismember each limb by ripping through the flesh with her teeth. It was at the point the doctor was saved. Armed personnel ran in to subdue It, who smiled queerly at them.

            “Yay! More people to play with!” and she rushed at them, paying their guns no heed. A tranquilizer dart found its place on her neck, and It slumped over, lifeless. The guards carried both out on stretchers, one to the hospital wing, and the other back to her cell. They tossed Letha back into her lonely abode. Everyone looked sympathetically at her, as she was the second to arrive bruised and bloodied. The first was a boy named Triste, and had been put through what looked like machine gun fire.

            “Allright maggots!” the guard called, “Food for everyone today!” This was meet with weak cheers all around.

            “Just shaddup ‘n eatcher food.” The inmates took slop gratefully, not knowing when their next meal would come. 



© 2011 Egao-onna


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on August 21, 2011
Last Updated on August 22, 2011