Currently untitled story number 1. Part 2

Currently untitled story number 1. Part 2

A Story by D.Evert
"

Woman´s life suddenly changes after a series of unusual events. Now Helena Kiletski embarks on a journey to discover the truth hidden far beyond our reality.

"

 

 

CLICK HERE FOR PART 1 -

 

 

 

As I was passing the last table I couldn´t help it anymore. I needed to check out the last table in the right corner. I needed to know if he´s still there. That he´s not following me. That I´m not in danger. I looked back but I couldn´t see anything. It was too dark and the street lamps were not illuminating his table.

Somehow I felt relieved, even though I should better be frightened. I didn´t know where he was and whether he´s still there or not.

When I reached the door I pulled the door handle and much to my surprise it wasn´t locked. I only struggled a bit to open it since there was a storm outside and the wind was quite strong and would try to shut the door instantly.

 

When I got out the snowflakes started to hit my face and with each one of them I felt safer. I´m finally out. Those were the longest twenty minutes of my life. I couldn´t wait to tell everyone about what just happened. This will make a hell of a story.

I was also determined to go back to this Café tommorow morning and ask the staff about what happened during my "little" nap. Why would they leave me there and why didn´t they lock the door?

 

When I got to my car I had to take my jacket off. I left the heating on. It was pretty warm in ther and I was finally safe and sound, in my warm car and about to go home to my family. I turned on the lights but before I managed to start the car something else got my attention.

The entrance door of the Café just opened and the man walked out. I quickly turned the lights down. I don´t think he noticed. Now that I was safe and calmed down a little bit I really wanted to get off the car and ask him what was that all about? But of course I didn´t do it. I´d be crazy if I did that so I was just observing him.

 

He was standing there and not moving for a while. I couldn´t see him very clearly because of the blizzard but I would say he was kind of confused. I pulled out my cell phone and checked the time again, it was 9:53 pm. I should be home by now and instead I´m sitting here in the middle of this empty parking lot in a storm observing the strangest person I´ve ever seen.

Could this day get any stranger? Yes it could. When I looked at him again he was sitting  down on the ground doing something I couldn´t really describe because of the snowing but after a while, he was gone! Just like that, no sign of him.

 

At least I had no reason to stay here on this icy cold parking lot and go home.

I couldn´t wait to get home to my family and tell everyone and hear their opinions. And especially I couldn´t wait to go back tommorow morning and sort this mess out. I only wondered why weren´t they looking for me. I checked my phone again, it was 10:12 pm and nobody called me. Not even one message.

 

It was half past ten when I arrived home. I parked the car and looked up if the lights were still on in our apartment but I was surprised to find out that they weren´t. Hmm they´re probably asleep by now but Rex always stays up late and works on Sunday evenings.

I entered the building and called the elevator. As I was on my way up to the 4th floor where our apartment is located it all of a sudden seemed like a dream. I can´t believe it all just happened to me.

"4th floor" said the elevator lady. That´s how me and my children call the elevator voice. Before I unlocked the door to our apartment I checked the mailbox. I always do it because nobody else does. There was no mail in it just some adverts, flyers, leaflets, the usual stuff. I carefully unlocked the door and entered. I didn´t want to wake anybody. I didn´t even turn on the light.

 I went to check on my children. They were both sleeping.

 

I have two children by the way. The older one is Dominic he´s nine and Eva is seven. They are all my life. The only thing that makes me go on after I found out about my husband´s infidelity. I would never forgive myself if I´d tear this family apart just because of my feelings. Not as long as they were here.

And a huge part of me was also afraid of being alone for which I was grateful. I left their room and went to our living room. There was an opened envelope on the table so I turn the lamp on in order to see who was it for.

 

"Mrs. Helena Kiletski"?! Why did they open it? It shouldn´t even be here at all. Rex never checks the mailbox what made him do it today?! The envelope I was holding now was already empty, the content was on the table.

There was one letter which I didn´t intend to read right now because I was too exhausted, and right next to it a few small sheets of paper. I looked closer and realized that these sheets of paper were actually small photos of some people.

 I grabbed them and took them right under the lamp so I could see them clearly.

 

In one photo there was a blonde woman. I´d say she was about 25 years old, maybe younger. In the second picture there was an african-american man with short black hair and glasses on. Quite handsome. But who are these people? Who would send me this? I wanted to check out the rest of the photos but then I heard something. A noise coming from our bedroom. I only prayed it wasn´t what I thought it was. He wouldn´t do it again, would he?

 

The single thought of it was tearing me apart. I wanted to open the door and tell him everything. Tell him that I know he´s been with her all the time but I didn´t do that. I started to cry and  all my attempts to hold it back was failing. I cried pretty loud.

"What was that?" I suddenly heard from the bedroom.I was thinking to myself how dare you Rex. It´s the woman you married and have two little kids with and she lives here with you. What a surprise she came home.

I didn´t want him to see me like this and especially I did not want to see her walk out of my bedroom half naked with my husband by her side. I put the small photos to my pocket but as I cried my whole body was shaking especially my hands I dropped some of them on the floor. I quickly turned the lamp off and ran to the hallway. Grabbed my jacket and purse, opened the door and was about to leave. I tried to stop the waterfall that was pouring from my eyes but I couldn´t. Then I heard the bedroom door opened so I shut the entrace door of our apartment and left.

© 2012 D.Evert


Author's Note

D.Evert
I love writing in english although I´m not a native english speaker. Please don´t be harsh if for example the same words repeat too often and please also consider that I´m no professional. Writing gives me joy and I wanted to share my story with some other people.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Some SpaG issues. You're missing commas here and there. Maybe restructure the paragraphs to promote a smoother flow. You're lacking in indentations anyway. I feel your thematic sequence is more veiled in the plot than it could be. Perhaps, with effect of sound and diction, you could make the story itself more clear.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
1 Review
Added on June 24, 2012
Last Updated on June 25, 2012