Currently untitled story number 1. Part 3

Currently untitled story number 1. Part 3

A Story by D.Evert
"

Woman´s life suddenly changes after a series of unusual events. Now Helena Kiletski embarks on a journey to discover the truth hidden far beyond our reality.

"

 

 

CLICK HERE FOR PART 1 -

CLICK HERE FOR PART 2 -

 

 

 

I didn´t even have time to call the elevator. I was afraid they´d want to check the corridoor so I took the staircase down. When I left the building I entered my car and texted Karla.

"Hi, hope I didn´t wake you up. I´m on my way to your place, something just happened and I have nowhere else to go. Helena."

Then started the car and left.

It was 10:36 pm when I arrived on the street that Karla lived on. She owns a small house and since she has no children and is single most of the time she doesn´t need a bigger one. I only hoped she didn´t bring her date home. The last thing I needed was some horny guy blaming me for ruining his evening.

When I got there Karla was already standing on the terrace expecting me. I parked the car and waved at her.

"Oh god sweetie are you okay? What happened, you were crying?"

"I´ll tell you inside and I´m really sorry if I ruined your evening, but I had nowhere else to go."

"Everything is fine just come in, you can take a shower and I´ll get you some clean clothes. You can stay here as long as you want to."

 At that moment I was so glad for having a friend like her. This situation made me realize that she was the only one I could rely on. If she´d abandon me, I´d have noone else.

 

After I took a long warm shower and calmed down a little bit I needed to sort things out in my head and decide what exactly am I going to tell her.

When I left the bathroom Karla was waiting for me with a cup of hot tea in her living room. I always liked it here. She has style. Even the smallest detail profesionally sophisticated.

" So what happened?" She asked.

I was wondering for a while. A few hours ago, I was so excited and couldn´t wait to tell everyone especially Karla about this stranger from the Café but now I was uncertain. I didn´t want to start some wild discussion full of arguing and explaining and then end up being called crazy, as if I wasn´t tired enough.

I needed to discuss something much more serious that might have a huge impact on my life right now so I decided that I´m not going to tell her what happened at the Café yet.

 

" I came home from the Café and caught Rex cheating on me." When I said it I wanted to cry again but this time I could hold it back. Maybe I had no more tears left.

 " Seriously?! Oh my god I knew it, he´s such a jerk. What are you gonna do? "

" I have no idea, he doesn´t even know I know it. I didn´t have enough courage to walk in while they were having sex in our bedroom."

 " Didn´t he know you were coming home? "

" I don´t know what was he thinking. Maybe I came home a bit later than I usually do but he still knew I was coming home. How could he do this to me..."

" Look sweetie, first thing tommorow morning we´ll go to your apartment, you take some of your stuff and you can move here and stay here as long as you´ll need to okay? And when Rex comes home from work we can drop by again and you can ask him what was that all about right?"

This seemed like a plan but I already had one for tommorow morning. I had to return to the Café. I won´t let it be until I get a decent explanation from people working there or the owner. But now I didn´t know if I still wanted to find out after what happened later tonight.

" I think it´s a good idea, I´ll take some clothes and my personal things. Leave message to the kids and then we´ll drop by in the afternoon again and I´ll figure this out."

I had no idea how am I going to figure this out but I had no more power to go on in this conversation I just wanted to go to bed.

" I´m glad you agree, the sooner you´ll set things right the better. You can take Dominic and Eva with you I´m sure there´s place for them in here too."

 

I wouldn´t want to move my children with me if I´ll be the one who will end up leaving the apartment. Even though there´s place for them in here, they´ll be suffering enough and moving would make it more complicated.

" I´ll think about that, depends on who will be the one moving out."

" I still can´t believe he did this. I thought it was over, she moved to Albora didn´t she? "

 " Well seems like she didn´t, and honestly I don´t think it was another girl. Thank you for the tea Karla I should go to bed now, I´m really tired."

" Of course, you´re welcome, you´ve been through a lot you need to rest. "

" You have no idead, goodnight. "

 " See you tommorow. "

I left the living room and went to the bedroom Karla prepared for me. It was small but cozy. Not much space but I didn´t care. All I needed now was a pillow and a blanket. That night I fell asleep immediately, to my surprise I didn´t even need any pills. I haven´t been that tired in years, but little I knew that this was just a beginning.

 

© 2012 D.Evert


Author's Note

D.Evert
I love writing in english although I´m not a native english speaker. Please don´t be harsh if for example the same words repeat too often and please also consider that I´m no professional. Writing gives me joy and I wanted to share my story with some other people.




My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on June 24, 2012
Last Updated on June 24, 2012