Currently untitled story number 1. Part 5

Currently untitled story number 1. Part 5

A Story by D.Evert
"

Woman´s life suddenly changes after a series of unusual events. Now Helena Kiletski embarks on a journey to discover the truth hidden far beyond our reality.

"

 

 

CLICK HERE FOR PART 1 -

CLICK HERE FOR PART 4 -

 

 

Even though it´s December, as I walked out of Karla house I was surprised to find out it´s actually pretty warm. The snow was shining like silver, luckily it wasn´t gonna melt because the blizzard last night was quite strong.

It was a beautiful morning. I felt much better, safer and most importantly rested.

" Shall we take your car or mine? " Said Karla. 

" Let´s take your car. I don´t feel like driving if you don´t mind. "

" Sure, no problem. "

 

My apartment is about twenty minutes from here and during that time I started considering the fact that I would have to talk to Rex when I get there. Although he should be at work by now but according to the events from last night, I had to be ready for everything.

When we arrived and Karla parked the car I told her not to go with me. She didn´t understand why I changed my mind but I didn´t want her to see me and Rex arguing if he´s home.

" Are you sure you don´t want me to go with you sweetie? "

" Yes, I´ll be right back. Give me fifteen minutes okay? "

" Okay. I´ll wait here. Take your time. "

I got off the car and entered the building. Fortunately I didn´t meet any annoying neighbors on my way in. I tried to call the elevator but it was taken. I could wait till it comes down but for some reason I took the stairs. I wanted to be there as fast as possible. After all it´s only 4th floor.

 

When I reached the 4th floor I notice our neighbor Mrs. Hellington was checking her mailbox holding her cat in one hand.

I really didn´t want to greet her but I knew I wouldn´t get to my apartment unnoticed. This old lady knows everything about everyone who lives in this building.

" Good morning Mrs. Hellington. "

" Oh good morning my dear. Did you forget something? "

Why would I forget something? I just came here. Well she´s old and I didn´t want to start chatting with her, so some short clear answer was the best choice.

" No I didn´t Mrs. Hellington, excuse me."

I started unlocking the door but then she asked me again.

" So what did the police say? Do they have any clues? "

What was that? She might be old but not retarded. Why would she ask me such question? I have no idea what is she talking about.

" Ehm sorry....?" I replied. I was confused.

" Oh my dear you must be really tired. I bet you didn´t sleep all night. If I were you I would be freaking out. When I think about that something might have happend to my children...."

Why the hell is she telling me this. What would possibly happen to them, they are at school or aren´t they? Now I was really worried.

" Didn´t they go to school this morning? " I knew she´d now, she just knows everything.

" Yes they did but I was talking about last night dear. When someone broke into your apartment. "

 

What the hell?! Now I knew what was she talking about. I couldn´t believe what I just heard. Rex called the police thinking a burglar broke into our apartment?! I am really looking forward to the explanation. First I find him having sex with his co-worker and then he calls the police thinking some stranger broke into our apartment not even considering the fact that his wife may come home any time. What world does he live in? He definitely knew I was coming home yesterday evening.

There´s something going on that doesn´t look very good and I need to find what it is.

For a moment I just stood there not saying anything trying to sort this out in my head. All of a sudden I felt angry, hopeless and mostly confused.

" Are you okay dear?"

Oh can´t she just take her mail and leave me alone? But I still wanted to be polite. If this lady becomes my enemy, I´m positive she´d make sure that nobody in this house will ever talk to me again.

" Oh yes, yes Mrs. Hellington. "

" Alright then, if you ever needed something I´m just across the hallway. "

Don´t worry that´s not gonna happen I was thinking to myself. She is the last person I´d ask if I ever needed something.

" Okay Mrs. Hellington see you later."

" Take care dear. "

Finally I got rid of her and entered my apartment. I closed the door behind me. I didn´t want that old hag spying on me.

Although I didn´t expect anybody to be here I did my typical:

" Hi I´m home." Just in case.

I got no reply, the apartment was quiet.

© 2012 D.Evert


Author's Note

D.Evert
I love writing in english although I´m not a native english speaker. Please don´t be harsh if for example the same words repeat too often and please also consider that I´m no professional. Writing gives me joy and I wanted to share my story with some other people.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on June 26, 2012
Last Updated on June 27, 2012