Moving In

Moving In

A Chapter by .elivia.
"

chapter 2

"
Moving In...
Saying goodbye to all my friends was difficult, the hardest part was looking away from them, Lilly (my Jewish friend was the person i'm going to miss the most!  I can't live cheerily without my friends. I should have known parents don't understand. It was boring, dirty and silent in the bus, we were on our way to our new house. I didn't like the sound of it one bit. One day, I'm going to be a teacher and make my own decisions without my parents.

This is not home, it's not the vast city of Berlin, instead it's the country side where you smell a right whiff of pungent manure everyday. Inside is even more different, the posh sofa, not our warm cotton couch back at home, but this couch was leather,it conducts the cold however my parents love the place and they don't seem to notice or consider my feelings.

One morning, I heard Lily's voice outside, I poked my head outside and I saw her sprinting, quickly towards me with her fluorescence Tichel (it's a Jewish prayer scarf that Jewish women wear). It turns out that Lilly and her family are living here with us. She brought some of her Jewish artifacts and clothes and rearranged them carefully in her new sky blue room. Somehow she liked the house and she always said I was lucky however I didn't feel lucky! Am I being ungrateful for what is provided for me? This day is the best day of my life so far!


© 2012 .elivia.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on December 14, 2012
Last Updated on December 15, 2012
Tags: sad, touching, power, mean


Author

.elivia.
.elivia.

Writing
Typical Me Typical Me

A Poem by .elivia.


Force Force

A Book by .elivia.


All was well... All was well...

A Chapter by .elivia.