Bloody Bus

Bloody Bus

A Chapter by Emily-Jane

I was cold, I was damp from rain and I was in a bad mood. I had awaken that day in a tremendously teriffic mood because I was meeting up with a group of friends I had met and connected with during the summer holidays.Of course that day had to be the day my parents had to pick a fight with, break the computer and depend that I fix it. This of course made me miss the only bus that would get me into central Glasgow on time, so I had to wait twenty-seven minutes in the rain for the next bus. 
I was cold, I was damp from rain and I was twenty minutes late. I think that its rule of the universe that when one thing goes wrong things just have to get worse. So as I sat on the bus about half way to where I wanted to be, a couple boarded the rolling devil machine and they seemed to be in a heated discussion about something that was important to them but not to anyone else. After a dire thirty seconds I whipped out my iPod and implanted the headphones into my ears and turned the volume up so loud that if a bomb went off I wouldn't have heard it. As the bus was driving towards the stop before mine I noticed a young girl, maybe fifteen or sixteen, walking down the stairs of the double decker bus and as I watched her take the steps I could see it was going to happen, I could see the moisture on the stairs and I knew the black converse shoes she was wearing had next to no no chance of keep her steady. 
I was cold, I was damp from rain and I was in complete shock. I watch as that poor girls foot slid from beneath her and I watched as she fell down the three steps that were left for her to walk down. Even with my deafening music playing I heard every passenger on the downstairs of that bus let out a pained, "ohhh." I watched as the poor girl lay motionless on the floor for three seconds before people leaped into action. One man, who had no connection to this girl, quickly scooped up the girl and asked, "ye 'right, love? ye wi anywan?" His strong Glaswegian accent seemed welcoming and kind. The driver quickly came to see what the commotion was and he seemed rather annoyed when the kind man demanded he phone an ambulance. The dazed girl was now catching up with what was happening around her and mumbled out a pathetic, "I'm meeting my, uh, gran." My heart went out to the poor girl sitting on the floor with blood around the corner of her lip. Everyone raced off the bus when the driver roared out that an ambulance a on the way and the bus was staying where it was. On my way off the bus I seen an elderly woman wipe the blood from the girl's faced with a tissue. I shared a sympathetic look with the girl as I left her behind me. 
I was cold, I was damp from rain and I was sprinting down the streets of Glasgow like a maniac. I thought of the people on the bus who had no connection to the girl and yet they quickly put their plans on hold to help a fellow human being.


© 2013 Emily-Jane


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on November 16, 2013
Last Updated on November 16, 2013
Tags: Glasgow, Scotland, teen, bus, fall, rain, people, human


Author

Emily-Jane
Emily-Jane

Glasgow, United Kingdom



About
I enjoy music, reading and procrastinating. My favourite books are books you would think are for children because I believe you need a greater imagination to write for children. more..

Writing
Cliche Heart Cliche Heart

A Chapter by Emily-Jane


Stay Gone Stay Gone

A Stage Play by Emily-Jane