A dream of mine that won't come true

A dream of mine that won't come true

A Story by Yani De Los Reyes
"

To the person who made me fall in love with him.

"
One night, a rather cold one, I attended this dance. The school programmed this event for the whole high school level. I thought it was the school prom for the 3rd year students and for some reason, the sophomores and the freshmen were involved. Turns out I was wrong. The prom was about 3 months from now. So I guess this was some kind of recreation activity which requires us to wear fancy dresses and suits. 
I was a freshman and I was new in this school. As usual, my mom prepared me and fixed me up as if I was going to attend my own debut. She dressed me like some kind of princess. But the dress's length was until the knee and my mom curled my hair and put make up on my face. She even told me not to wear my glasses. I'm blind for heaven's sake. I can't see a thing without them. But the she said, "You'll do fine." I thought this was going to be the worst activity the school has ever made. I also thought that my mom has gone insane.
I arrived at school because that's where the party was held. I saw my friends and they looked very pretty. The guys looked decent but they were okay I guess. The higher levels looked at their finest. We were in a fairytale.
I went to the rooftop of the high school building and to my surprise, it was decorated too. I never expected the rooftop to be decorated at all. I was amazed with the colors and the lights and the..fancy gazebo?! Wow. This is the most awkward thing I've seen yet.
I sat on a bench and involuntarily blurted things about love. My love. The love I had never had and the love that made me change into a whole different person. My inspiration. The love of my life. The love that would never come back to me.
"Love is the closest thing to the heart but what I see now is so far from what I expect." Expect... I never wanted to expect. All I wanted to do was wait. And wait. Until death will strike me.
The door opened by itself and I got scared but I never moved. I wasn't able to see who went inside. Maybe it's just my imagination I thought. I guess the wind just blew the door open.
"It pricks like thorns. It hurts like heated iron when it touches your skin. When you know that you weren't the one loved at all.." I said. A voice has spoken and said "Love does not hurt a person. It's just life that only bothers you." he said. Oh, it was a he. Never expected that.
"I guess so. But I never expected it to come already." I said. I heard the footsteps of the person walking toward me. I couldn't see him clearly because I HAD NO GLASSES. This is the only time I thought that my mom was being so utterly irresponsible. But I saw a hand in front of me. As if the person in front of me wanted me to dance with him. So I gave him my hand.
The music played a lovely waltz in pop version. It was nice. It fits the whole night. None of us moved for awhile and I began to speak, "You don't know how to dance do you?" he answered, "Uhm.. Not really". I giggled a little and I found him giggling too. I began to take the first step and he continued. We were dancing under the moonlight. Near the colorful gazebo and the surrounded by pretty lights. I was in a dream. I saw the image grew closer to my eyes and I was beginning to see clearly for I have near-sighted eyes. It was...
Till I finally woke up from my dream because the sound of the alarm clock shook. Everything seemed so real. But I knew that it was a dream that will never come true. Then I started to get out of bed and headed downstairs.
"Love can take it's flight but time will tell when it will return or not."

© 2010 Yani De Los Reyes


Author's Note

Yani De Los Reyes
Don't mind the wrong grammar.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on January 29, 2010
Last Updated on February 3, 2010

Author

Yani De Los Reyes
Yani De Los Reyes

Quezon City, National Capital Region, Philippines



About
I'm a 12 year old girl turning 13 after 3 more months. I'm a person just like you. Ordinary yet special in the eyes of the Creator. Making Art is my passion and writing is one of my most favorites. An.. more..

Writing