a dream

a dream

A Poem by Emily B

My white dress hanging limp

under the blaze of the afternoon sun.

I wait for the one who will show me the way,

who will take my hand and lead me

through the underground tunnels of my mind.

I watch her hands as she speaks

in smooth, melodic tones imparting

knowledge of all ages

the knowledge that will require

great responsibility and heartache.

I watch her hands as we walk

I wonder at all she says is true,

I wonder that I could ever be so complete.

 

© 2008 Emily B


Author's Note

Emily B
starting over

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

'a dream'
Emily B,
So much within each of us is lived as if in a mirror. Our strength is limited yet we all try, we fall, we get back up. I pray and seek my Lord Jesus Christ so much and am amazed at how grace is always His answer even when I don't understand or like how life is. It is my life after all. I am always learning. Beautiful poem of living out our inner dreams.
Blessings,
Kathy

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Emily B

1 Year Ago

Thank you so much for understanding!



Reviews

This poem had brought many thoughts to my own quest for for a path just for me and actually putting my trust and life in someones hands! This has triggered my awareness and can't wait to see what comes in my dreams tonight. There is a being just dying to be able to communicate with me but I have been putting them off for fear of sharing my existence or fear of consuming them. Life and death are so closely related! The way I feel so powerful in my dream state has made many barriers to new paths in my lives, past and present. I too am changing! My usual way of doing things was with a fleeting thought and today I look at every possible outcome good or bad. I tell myself I am maturing then I feel so crowded and paranoid.
One of my best friends had told me of his atrocities in combat and the lives he took haunt him in his dreams has asked me too help. I paused in reply, then he took it back for fear I would judge him but later I had explained that I myself do not understand his request. I am just a simple human being with no special powers. All I can do is pray and listen to his story. Who knows what will happen but he has full trust in me. I really am unworthy! Deep down inside my being, I know, he will base his very existence on my interpretation those demons who wreck havoc on his soul. Sorry for rambling on it just that this poem has caused me to think of the future. Funny how certain words and feelings trigger things like that. Thanks my friend.
TT-TTO-NI-K
Elk

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Larry Dyson

11 Years Ago

i do sense your abilities to read and hear, simply explain who you are and how you see...to him..he .. read more
So deeply moving, beautifully expressed... The image you create for us out in the afternoon sun is stunning. A wonderful write!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I thought I'd start at the beginning. *smile* This left me with a wonderful feeling.

"the knowledge that will require
great responsibility and heartache".

Hmm. You amaze me.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

And I may have been on the other side walking with you here, Two silver mist specters taught me how to fly. And I too wondered why I was already there...already here.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A young girl and her mother, I assume.

The adulation, so seldom expressed in "real life," is wonderfully illustrated here.

This piece is a heartening companion for a lonely day.


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the imagery here.
Have fun.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

894 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on February 5, 2008
Last Updated on February 5, 2008

Author

Emily B
Emily B

Richmond, KY



About
to the Lost Boys I am no Wendy; but my voice brings you back to me. And you sit around my feet, anxious for a story or a kiss. Listening to my words spinning adventures, like so much g.. more..

Writing
Old bones Old bones

A Poem by Emily B


Memories Memories

A Poem by Emily B



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


my gift my gift

A Poem by Emily B