a dream

a dream

A Poem by Emily B

My white dress hanging limp

under the blaze of the afternoon sun.

I wait for the one who will show me the way,

who will take my hand and lead me

through the underground tunnels of my mind.

I watch her hands as she speaks

in smooth, melodic tones imparting

knowledge of all ages

the knowledge that will require

great responsibility and heartache.

I watch her hands as we walk

I wonder at all she says is true,

I wonder that I could ever be so complete.

 

© 2008 Emily B


Author's Note

Emily B
starting over

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

'a dream'
Emily B,
So much within each of us is lived as if in a mirror. Our strength is limited yet we all try, we fall, we get back up. I pray and seek my Lord Jesus Christ so much and am amazed at how grace is always His answer even when I don't understand or like how life is. It is my life after all. I am always learning. Beautiful poem of living out our inner dreams.
Blessings,
Kathy

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Emily B

1 Year Ago

Thank you so much for understanding!



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. oh ...
. this is absolutely amazing ...
. it is indeed "completeness" that we seek ...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

In this poem I see the mind , and I wonder how much it differs between man and woman , / I suppose the basic functions are the same . // I perceive with my senses , seeing white , that of perfection and purity . / The Golden Sun tells me about life experience , age // Then , thinking always ask questions , who what when ! And the memory of hands awaken / all gentle touches , childhood , feelings , something forgotten ? // Knowing own wisdom , life experience / and the wisdom is in my own hands ! This is my trust, courage and faith // The Inner Child is happy singing , humming , laughing / / Perfection of what one hopes for , is to bear the responsibility , and turn the unknown memories to some victory of soul // The will awakens , and hands are on the same level as heart / I touch my self // and need to take action , walking along , wishing being on the Right Path // YES . It's a journey together , and the perfection is in the COMPLETE . . .

I love the full potential of using all mind capacity in this poem , and it seems to me , that soul has no gender .

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

May quite possibly have been a dream, yet, there would have to be a deeper meaning.

In My Opinion, a dream is a puzzle, all the information you remember is in the forefront of your mind when you awaken, then piece this together.

You have told beautifully of the dream in your rememberance. Talent is not an issue in with you.

My favorite line here " who will take my hand and lead me

through the underground tunnels of my mind"... Breathless.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful words.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

such a wide expanse that lays beyond a new beginning ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i feel i am walking with her.... the road that leads to past that was full of ballad of joy and happiness...
glad to have rad this, emi..
thanks for shaing it :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Loving this dream... I am compelled to walk with her as well. And for a moment I will try to forget that with knowledge comes the great responsibility and heartache... for even without this knowledge we have to face these responsibilities and navigate through life's heartaches anyways.... Thanks for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Complete?
Where would longing live? Where would wondering walk? Where would...So many beautiful, sweet and bitter sweets of our incompleteness be?
No, I'd rather be incomplete and wonder, than be complete.
"underground tunnels of my mind"?..I've said enough, I think.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dress hanging limp. beautiful
waiting for the one to show the way.
and the rest lighting my head up, like apin ball machine.
can read it over and over.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I love subtlety in a poem. This poem makes reference to a love to come through the subtle use of the dress ... hanging ... waiting. And then it speaks of wisdom which by extension without actually saying it ... refers to patience.

This is how I read and understand it any way.

Your friend ... the old guy.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"The underground tunnels of my mind;" what can I say, except I love the deepness of that place.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

894 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on February 5, 2008
Last Updated on February 5, 2008

Author

Emily B
Emily B

Richmond, KY



About
to the Lost Boys I am no Wendy; but my voice brings you back to me. And you sit around my feet, anxious for a story or a kiss. Listening to my words spinning adventures, like so much g.. more..

Writing
Old bones Old bones

A Poem by Emily B


Memories Memories

A Poem by Emily B



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


my gift my gift

A Poem by Emily B