He's a rebel

He's a rebel

A Poem by Emily Elizabeth
"

Loving the classical bad boy is dangerous on all levels

"

 He’s a rebel

 

 

 

♥♥♥

 

He’s not marrying material,’ my Daddy said

So don’t get romantic fantasies stuck in your head!

So in my red red dress I snuck out at night

To meet my love under pale moonlight.

 

We ride on his metal stallion fast down the street

The colour he brings makes me feel complete.

He’s perfect, asides from his recklessness and speed

I can’t let anything take away the boy I need.

 

Those teeth in that smile, oh, take me please!

Even his touch makes me weak at the knees!

That leather jacket on that strong, sturdy back,

Smooth and looked after and dangerously black.

 

My school texts books have his name in pink ink

Other girls are jealous but I don't care what they think.

I do care when he and his gang get into crazy fights-

I care so much it keeps me awake at night.

 

He returns from battle, bleeding and grinning

Even though I'm pissed, he has my head spinning!

We roll around on green grass and he cures my woe

By filling me with ecstasy from head to toe.

 

His eyes are an electric blue that can pierce the soul

And when he moves his hips to rock and roll

I feel myself drowning in strong desire.

I feel myself melting in  his wild fire.

 

He looks so pure and golden when we make love

Because he’s an angel from way up above.

 As he holds me in his strong arms and nibbles my ear,

The sound of our teen hearts beating is all I can hear.

 

On his mighty flame-orange bike he drops me off from school

Looking sexy as hell and effortlessly cool.

I wave and watch proudly as he heads on back,

Totally in love with the leader of the pack.

 

All of a sudden

CRASH!

SMASH!

SCREECH!

 

 

As an ambulance wail begins to holler,

My life slowly drains of colour

 

...And as the wail of sirens rings in my ears

I’m suddenly seized by a rush of tears

The ambulance wails, I fall to my knees

But no one heard my heart-felt pleas...

 

He was taken away from me on that one day

Sending my life into complete disarray.

I won’t eat, I won’t sleep until he’s back in my arms,

Wooing me sweetly with his bad-boy charms.

 

My  wild rebel was like an angel from above.

It’s no wonder how deeply I fell in love!

I have to be good, he has returned to the heavens high

 

...but I wish I had the chance to say goodbye...

 

♥♥♥

 

  Hes a Rebel (Best Version) - The Crystals

© 2008 Emily Elizabeth


Author's Note

Emily Elizabeth
I made this very colourful and story-like. I've been meaning to do something like this. Crit is welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

maybe when she dies, they'll meet again. It's great, the whole colour thing. It helps with the story because it seems like it would be written in pretty colours in a note book by some heartbroken teen. I loved the experimentation with size also in this poem. I also loved your bio by the way. It has a very effective repeted line at the end.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The descriptions of this "bad boy" were portrayed so well, that the reader really feels as if they "got a good look at him."

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Excellent write. Kept my attention all the way through. Just the right amount of action to keep your reader hooked. Being a color monger myself, I loved your use of color throughout the piece. Very well done! Thanks to Cat for sending this!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

What a beautiful piece of work, dear! I just loved it...I thought the color made it stand out all the more. It was really good and it was remeniscent of a time long gone. Nice job.

Always,

Amanda

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

it is always a pleasure reading your works! i like this especially for it's story-like flow, and the character's vividly described, perfect bad boy, i could fall in love with him :) the play with colored words are amazing!!


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This was fantastic! It was original, the colour really made it flow and you got the time period spot on, well done!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Oh my, you gave me chills with the ending of this story. I love your use of color in this work. This is so much like my teen years - you have captured them perfectly - I too had a true love then that wore a black leather jacket and carried me around on a motorcycle. Luckily, we both made it through those wild days. I truly can empathize with the emotion and love expressed in this work. Thank you to Celtic Cat for sharing this with me. Kudos. Great work.
Light,
Siddartha


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

That was beautiful. I've done some like that, like stories, but that one surpassed mine all. It was a wonderful read, thank you for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, that's all! I loved this. Very imaginative. Probably one of the best poems I have read in a long long time! I very much enjoyed this, thank you for sharing! I especially loved how you emphasized the imagery and the sorts. Truly amazing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow, that was great. I was not expecting that twist at all, very surprising. I love how you used the colours to strengthen the message of the poem, it is story-like, and very unique. The italics in the fourth last verse was also a nice touch, it almost reminds me of a sad lullaby in a way, it just gave me that feeling. I think what I like most about this piece is the contrast and the quick shift of emotions, very powerful.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

It's beauty is beyond words or measure. This eloquent masterpiece has got to be THE best poetry I've read in quite some time. (no offense to my friends!) The use of color was so perfect and added a definite element of vibes...it was like we were forced to feel the colors as we read them. (me and all my personalities). The horrid wreckage of his death was perfectly cruel, unexpected, well executed and life like. I only critique spelling when it is a masterpiece, as I've already noted this is. In the GREEN line role s/b roll.
This was a wonderful trip into a perfect love, life, loss. Genius. Sorry, roll is my ONLY critique. I think it's so unique and wonderful I'm gonna pimp this out to some friends. Hope they love it as much as I do.....and it'll be held lovingly in my fav's folder, cuz that's the kind of sentimental fool I am. thanks for finding me....this read alone was completely worth the connection. Peace~Cat

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

536 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 25, 2008
Last Updated on July 17, 2008

Author

Emily Elizabeth
Emily Elizabeth

United Kingdom



About
He drew a circle that shut me out -- Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Wildfleour Wildfleour

A Poem by Ralphy