Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Emma Hiscock

Prologue


He treaded lightly as not to arouse unwanted attention, ducking behind an oak door leading to the west wing of the castle. If he was careful he'd never be caught. Footsteps approached; two servants scurried past him, whispering to themselves.

He leaned closer into the wall. Once clear he slipped back though the door and down the dark hall, his black cloak flowing behind him.

Reaching the fifth door, he held his breath as light illuminated its outline, voices chatted quietly. He stayed in the shadows pulling the hood tighter against his head and waited.

"Miss, you must sleep now," the princesses maid said adoringly. She had looked after the princess since a young age.

"I have other matters to attend." Nyela yawned, adjusting herself against the pillow she was leaning on.


"Like what?" Rehema gave her a stern look, the princess sighed.  


"Okay, okay." She yawned yet again. She set down her tea cup and pulled up the soft cotton sheets.

"Rest well," the maid cooed before walking towards the door.

As the door opened the hooded man moved skilfully with the door. Creeping slowly to the bed, the young girl's hair was sprawled out to the side, contouring her young face. She looked peaceful. He almost wanted to run - to not disturb her slumber. But that was a foolish thought. Shaking his head, he put his hand around her mouth. The princess woke up. Her eyes wide open, she tried to kick off her assailant. Suddenly, a loud noise was heard in the distance. He took this as his cue to move. He gripped her firmly to pull her out of the bed and pushed her, roughly, into the hallway.


"Hey dreamboat," a voice whispered. An older man stood there with his own hood covering this eyes. A smirk visible on his face as he led them down the hall. Rolling  his eyes, he hurried the princess along as they came to a worn looking wooden door. The second man stopped briefly.


Preoccupied by racing footsteps, he didn't notice her move her mouth free. He yelped as she bit down on his flesh. She pulled his hand away and started to run. She felt for a wall in the dark. Coming to one, she began to follow it. She took a chance to quickly looking back at the glow of the lantern and the two tall men.

Shoving the lantern into his partners free hand he bolted for the girl. She squeaked and turned on her heels and slipped on something wet. She stumbled and fell to the floor with a thud, grazing her left knee.

"Now, now miss please behave we don't want to hurt you." The second hooded man stepped closer.

"Never, the guards will find me and you will be put to death," she said standing with her  her head held high despite the looming threat.

The next thing she knew, she was thrusted forward, knocking her head harshly into the brick. She tried to scream and move but she faded into the darkness.

The two men crept silently through the castle carrying the young girl in their arms. They arrived at the back of the library where they reached a hole in the wall usually covered by a bookshelf. Stepping in, the older of the two pulled the bookcase back into place and retreated from the castle as if nothing ever happened.


The cool night air was welcoming to the men as they loaded the young girl into the awaiting carriage.

"Queen Adrienna will be pleased."



© 2018 Emma Hiscock


Author's Note

Emma Hiscock
Please ignore grammar and spelling mistakes as I have an editor and I am currently publishing my first draft on here.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hmm just finished the prologue and i think i will probably read more

Posted 6 Years Ago


Emma Hiscock

6 Years Ago

Thank you I hope you will enjoy it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 7, 2018
Last Updated on March 7, 2018
Tags: Fantasy, Young Adult, Teen Fiction, New Adult, Fiction, Romance, Friendship, Mystery, Magical Realism.


Author

Emma Hiscock
Emma Hiscock

Melton, Victoria, VIC, Australia



About
20, Make-up Artist. Hi, I've been obsessed with reading and writing my whole life i hope you'll like some of the work i publish on here. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Emma Hiscock


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Emma Hiscock