Chapter Six

Chapter Six

A Chapter by Emma Hiscock

Chapter six


The Queen’s food taster…


The information stuck with Alex long after her first lesson with Lady Darkness. She sat on the bunk in her shared room.  She learned her roommate’s name early on; Aaryan.


“Typically a boys name.” Stated the dark haired girl. Her ebony skin was the polar opposite of Alex’s own pale complexion. She informed Aaryan of her soon to be new job, “that is terrifying!” She squawked coming to sit beside her.


Alex needed to speak to her brother but the boys quarters were in a different part of the tower and they weren’t allowed to interact aside from training and dinner - which, oddly enough as he never missed a meal, Ryan was nowhere to be seen.


Frowning, Alex turned her attention back to Aaryan. “As I was saying… The Princess of Deltria has been missing for 10 years. She was described as a slim child with hair as dark as night, a picture of her mother. She’s never been spotted.” Aaryan said, taking a bite of her mashed potato. “The king has always wanted war against Wiliona for not only the disappearance of his only heir but for the slaying of fae.”


“What is the princess’ name?” Alex asked, her curiosity getting the best of her.


“Nyela.”


“These are disgusting!” The short brunette squawked, grumbling in agreement. Alex put her spoon down and sighed. Today’s events hadn’t made her very hungry.  


On the walk back to her quarters she got sight of her brother, wheezing against a wall. She heard what happened at training three days ago - it’s all the boys were talking about.


“Are you okay?” she asked rushing to his side and tenderly touching his back. Ryan grunted in response and shrugged her off.


“Do I look okay to you?” Turning, he bared his teeth. She stepped back getting a close look at the dark bruise along his eye and his cut lip. Her heart hurt to see her twin in pain. “I want to go home, I want to feel safe...” He was whispering now not looking at her. Instead he stormed off into the direction she came from.


Her heart sank, tears forming, this is a mess…

Straightening up, she turned and walked with purpose - her back straightened, her head forward. She headed towards a room who held someone she knew was in there. It’s time to find out why.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Nyela stood at the sound of loud continuous knocking at her door, as she and Mason walked towards the door they gave each other a wary glance.


It took seconds for the person on the other end to come barging in.


There stood the human girl, breathing heavily, but her head high nonetheless. “I need your help.”


“I’ll see you tomorrow Ny,” Mason said brushing past her.


“Uh huh.”  Why the hell is she here? She put on a cold and calculating face as she asked why.


“Because I know you want to help us.” It wasn’t a question. Nyela sighed, no point hiding it.


She could see Alex’s mind come to a realisation, her eyes roaming Nyela. Nyela stepped back and turned her hair whipping around her as she strode to her arm chair.


“I despise the queen.” Her voice held bitterness. “I do want to help you, but you have to trust me that I’ll get you and your brother to safety.”


Alex stood in front of her. “How old are you?”


Nyela looked beyond the girl and towards the dying flames of her fire. They were in silence for a few moments before an angry grunt broke Nyela’s gaze.  “If you want me to trust you, I need answers. I know nothing of you so how can I know you mean us know harm?” Alex’s voice broke and she fell to the floor at Nyela’s feet. “I’m scared.” Her voice was barely above a whisper yet Nyela heard it clearly.


She sat down next to the girl, pulling her into her arms. She stroked Alex’s hair, staring at the embers dying out.


I have to tell her.


“My name’s Nyela and I promise I will get you home.”  


The warmth from the fire dissipated from the room, yet Nyela didn’t move her eyes from where the flames once stood. Staring into what once was as soft glow, Nyela continued to stroke Alex’s hair softly, soothing the girl. A sense of newfound determination filled her from her soul.


Plans are changing, I will get them home.


Home.



© 2018 Emma Hiscock


Author's Note

Emma Hiscock
ignore grammar ect. It is unedited and I will be going through it soon.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Added on October 22, 2018
Last Updated on October 22, 2018
Tags: Fantasy, Young Adult, Teen Fiction, New Adult, Fiction, Romance, Friendship, Mystery, Magical Realism.


Author

Emma Hiscock
Emma Hiscock

Melton, Victoria, VIC, Australia



About
20, Make-up Artist. Hi, I've been obsessed with reading and writing my whole life i hope you'll like some of the work i publish on here. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Emma Hiscock


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Emma Hiscock