Interval 1

Interval 1

A Chapter by IanEspergot
"

Introduction to Jezebel

"

My mind is blank. I am drowning. I stare at the rippling dark blue sky. I would expect it to be cold especially it being that it is in the middle of August. I knew there was no calm, I knew that today was going to be a day of silence. Today I had no one to comfort me. Today was the day I died...again.


It happened no matter what I did. I started off my day with only a feeling of uneasiness. I went through my day. I started off going home then my friends would offer to take me home but I denied. I walked home and I passed the lake, it was so clear it seemed untouched by man. This was the time I would fall in and remember the thousands of times I had done so. I had been blessed, or cursed however you see it. Every hundred times or so I could remember the everything and I would try to avoid it with everything I had. I would always fall to the same fate of course, fate was fate. I could never change it, I always had to go past some type of water. The day repeated over and over, small things changing. I was nearly to the bottom of the river, I didn't know how to swim. I had sunk to the bottom. My lungs burned I held my breath til I fainted. I had given up, I couldn’t fight it. It faded to black, as it usually did.


I woke up suddenly, gasping. My room was unusually dark. I knew I would die again. I made myself walk downstairs to get myself a piece of buttered toast. My house was strangely quiet. It was as if no one was home. I heard the sound of footsteps down the stairs. It was my sister. She was two years younger than I. She nearly tripped and fell when she saw me. I stared at her “What are you doing up so late,” she asked. I hadn’t looked at the clock. It was 4:38 AM much earlier than I had expected it to be. “I guess I didn’t look at the time,” I say with a small grin. Her right eyebrow raised, then lowered and she rolled her eyes. I wasn’t usually up this early, I was a night owl.


I couldn’t go back to sleep, so I stared at a wall. No, I wasn’t pondering the meaning of life, I wasn’t thinking back on my life, I was sitting on my bed staring blankly at a wall for about an hour until I couldn’t stare anymore, and fell back to bed. My alarm is annoying. Every teenager hates his or her alarm. I was one that absolutely despised mine. It wasn’t a normal one that periodically beeps, mine was an annoying air horn. I turn the thing off.


I am usually up before everyone but today’s different for some reason. They sit on the couch watching the Television. On the Tv is war and politics. I walk out the door they don’t pay me any mind, ignoring me.


The walk to school is dreaded. I hate drowning, you’d think I’d get used to it, being that I experienced it so many times. Well maybe not but still, it’s become something of a cycle. I don’t know how many times I have done this, a hundred thousand? A million? I would expect my body deteriorate but just like the science of this loop, I had no idea how it worked. So I just went with it.

It was raining. I made sure to keep myself as far away from the lake as I could. I could hear the city sounds, as small as they were. I lived in a small city, with about five thousand people. It had farms on the outskirts. My house close enough to both farmland and city life that I sometimes felt conflicted whether I was a farm boy or a city boy. I knew I was born to be someone to work harder jobs than most, I was built, strong. There was no way that I was actually going to be a farmer though. I had ambitions, but I knew that I was a city boy. Therefore I could never follow that dream. It wasn’t a big deal. Though it seemed that nothing was a big deal, not if I ever got out of this loop.


I have seen movies about time loops, I always believed it to be confined to the movies. I was wrong. It repeated over and over. I wonder sometimes how I haven't gone entirely insane. Maybe I already am insane. The definition of insanity is experiencing something over and over and expecting it to change. I had finally left the company of the lake, it was dawn. I was one or two blocks away from the school, when I heard voices. A man and a woman’s indistinct chatter overlapping and obscuring each other. I looked around but no one was there. The voices were getting louder. Then as suddenly as it started, it stopped.


It was quite strange, I had heard voices. I couldn’t hear what they said, but I heard voices. This day was quite different from all the others but what could you expect. I believed that this loop was me continuously exchanging bodies with other mes. As in mes in other universes. I believed in alternate universe theory. So even the slightest of changes could be noted, I guessed that this would be one of the more notable changes. I guessed in this reality I was slightly schitzo and my parents didn’t care when I left for school.


I had entered those school doors with a feeling of slight confusion. I went to my first class, English. Our class started with our teacher introducing a new student. It was a girl with hair so blond I doubted it wasn’t dyed. At the very end of her hair was an area where it was pure red. Her eyes were red, I could imagine those eyes scouring a crowd with an intense stare, looking for something. She was looking for something. The teacher gave her a name. Her name was Jezebel. Her eyes met mine and locked. There was something knowing about those eyes, something that looked straight through you and into your soul. It scared me, it made me want to avoid her at all costs



© 2017 IanEspergot


Author's Note

IanEspergot
I wrote this a long time ago

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on February 8, 2017
Last Updated on February 8, 2017


Author

IanEspergot
IanEspergot

Spokane, WA



About
You can see who I am by what I write and I am what I write. more..

Writing
Interval 2 Interval 2

A Chapter by IanEspergot


Interval 3 Interval 3

A Chapter by IanEspergot


Repeat Repeat

A Book by IanEspergot